• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will the starters get Hisuian forms?

Which starters will get Hisuian forms?

• The Legends: Arceus starters (Rowlet, Cyndaquil, Oshawott)

• The Sinnoh starters (Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup)

• Both sets will get Hisuian forms

• Neither set will get Hisuian forms

Results are only viewable after voting.
I used to be really against the idea, but I think I've slowly warmed up to the idea :enzap:

I just hope the designs are creative and not just a form for the sake of forms. Maybe some new secondary typings would be cool too

I was wondering...Consindering there's just one version this time and that probably breeding will not be included in the game, how will we get the other two starters? I mean, if we cannot breed our starter, I doubt anyone would give it away for trade.
Postgame or event gifts maybe? Is there a reason why fans think breeding won't be included? Was there a rumor about this?

Postgame or event gifts maybe? Is there a reason why fans think breeding won't be included? Was there a rumor about this?
The leaker said that only one thing among breeding (something else) and candies will be back in Legends. Candies are most likely to be the ones to be back.

I was wondering...Consindering there's just one version this time and that probably breeding will not be included in the game, how will we get the other two starters? I mean, if we cannot breed our starter, I doubt anyone would give it away for trade.
You weren't around in Generation I? Back to the basics.

I won't be surprised if the starters are in the wild somewhere in Legends, actually, considering the game's greater focus on dex completion.
Given what we've seen of the Professor so far, it definitely seems in character at some point that he would lose the other Starters who escape into the wild and you have to catch them as some part of late game side quest. :unsure:

Yeah, I see you getting the other two starters at some point somehow, if they are in the dex. Are they confirmed to be though? It was always my understanding that since they were brought to Hisui with the professor, they therefore are not native to Hisui and therefore not in the dex you are making.

Yeah, I see you getting the other two starters at some point somehow, if they are in the dex. Are they confirmed to be though? It was always my understanding that since they were brought to Hisui with the professor, they therefore are not native to Hisui and therefore not in the dex you are making.

I don’t think we have official confirmation that they’re in the ‘dex; but I imagine they are. Even if they aren’t native to Hisui, I can see the professor using them as “training” task for how to capture various forms of information.

And I’m also sure they’ll give us some way of obtaining the other two; even though they’ve moved away from the “gotta catch ‘em all” slogan, they’re aware that the collecting aspect of the game is popular. Even with Dexit, almost every Pokémon has been obtainable (barring a handful of Mythicals) in gen 8.

I was. But 25 years have past and I doubt they would go back to that.

Agreed. And even back then, you had the potential to get a complete ‘dex (minus Mew) via link trade. Not that it helped me any… I was 19 when I started playing Blue (1998). I didn’t know anyone my age playing, and I wasn’t about to approach little kids and ask if they wanted to trade Pokémon lol.

Well, they’ll figure out some way. "Back to the basics" doesn’t really mean you abandon the features that make the player's life better. The starters are the marketing for a game, they'll be made available somehow.

They're already available. You pick one and trade for the others, giving up on something rare like a shiny or a trade evolution.

I could see one of them being a post-game gift (see XY), but all three would be overkill.

They're already available. You pick one and trade for the others, giving up on something rare like a shiny or a trade evolution.

I could see one of them being a post-game gift (see XY), but all three would be overkill.
I think, with the de-emphasis on multiplayer and the lack of breeding in this game, that they’re not gonna require trading to complete the dex. Like I’m even willing to bet the trade evos will have an alternate method. I’m definitely expecting the starters you didn’t pick to either be given as gifts or able to be found in the wild somewhere

Yesterday's gameplay preview confirmed that there will indeed be trading. That should make things a lot easier.

I dunno if this thread aged terribly or wonderfully,

but it sure did!
This thread aged badly now that it is confirmed that the starters ARE getting new forms, but what about the Sinnoh Starters? We have not seen Empoleon, Infernape, and Torterra (unless, of course, I missed them in all the trailers).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom