• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will they ever make a live action pokemon movie?

I remember someone once did an April Fools joke with a live-action movie featuring Verne Troyer (Mini-Me) as Pikachu.

Hell, no. Not only it would fail (just like any of those lame movie based on video games) but also just think how awful would be seeing a realistic Pokemon.

Eh, I'd think they'd just CGI the Pokémon like they did Yoda.

And of course, Robin Williams would be Oak.

I don't think a live action one will ever be made, at least definitely not in America. If they did make one, the Pokemon will be in CGI, and I don't really like live action/CGI movies all that much. Computer generated creatures just don't really blend well into live action.

If a live-action movie were made, I can bet the Pokemon would be in CGI, but not realistic at all. The movie would be a "family" film that of course would turn out bad. It wouldn't be serious at all, so chances are it would make the older Pokemon fans look bad because it would get even more exposure as a kiddy thing. I wish there would be a serious live-action movie with realistic-looking Pokemon, but it's not going to happen.

It would be a cheesiness overload. Think of the millions that would be injured, and in some cases, killed.

Cheesiness in such a large scale can be lethal, so bearing in mind the public's safety, I think, no.

I think the bigger question is "does anyone want a live action pokemon?", I can already can picture a company adding make-up to a mouse to call it pikachu.

I think the bigger question is "does anyone want a live action pokemon?", I can already can picture a company adding make-up to a mouse to call it pikachu.

Ugh, that reminds me of an ugly picture of a real mouse altered to look like Pikachu. :dead:

Pokemon Live kinda scared me. Seeing a giant fat Pikachu again will really scare me! x.x

Someone out there would like to see it. If there's any humanity left, though, they won't do it.

I've never been one for realistic Pokemon, whether they be photoshop edits or drawn by a really good artist. It sorta blows the fantasy, as well as adds in the false imagery that Pokemon are dumb animals just like a common dog. x_x;

I don't think we could grasp the true form of a realistic Pokemon.

As a side note, I would like to see a realistic Ash. That would be both hilarious and depressing.

If a live-action movie were made, I can bet the Pokemon would be in CGI, but not realistic at all. The movie would be a "family" film that of course would turn out bad. It wouldn't be serious at all, so chances are it would make the older Pokemon fans look bad because it would get even more exposure as a kiddy thing. I wish there would be a serious live-action movie with realistic-looking Pokemon, but it's not going to happen.
Serious would be enough for me, without the 'realistic' Pokémon. o.o"

Not now, but certainly in 20/30 years when it becomes "retro".
0,66666666666666666666666666666667?
:p

I will laugh of how bad it will turn out! *Jessie laugh*

Ok, realistic Pokemon would probably scar me for life, but realistic trainers...now that's a whole other thing. Realistic James? Falkner? YES FOR HOTNESS!

Otherwise a live-action Pokemon movie is as good of and idea as Gigli was.

If it's going to be like Super Mario Bros.. NO, GOD NO!

Aww, come on. Aside from some of the more obvious plot holes, I LOVED that movie. I just didn't like the fact that the sequel was scrapped even though the ending reeked of one.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom