• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will they update the Pokedex to include Gen IV-VI Pokemon in Hoenn?

The only new evolutions introduced in the Gold and Silver remakes cannot be prevented, as in, they use a move they know to evolve. That applies to Tangela, Swinub and Yanma for they learn Ancient Power. So in terms of evolution through learning a move, none of the Hoenn natives could do it.
Technically they could have -- HGSS did tweak some Pokemon's movesets in minor ways already, they could have tweaked those Pokemon's learnsets so as not to learn the move.

... but they didn't.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind them bringing a system like hordes back. Every once in a while a route gets overrun by foreign pokemon. ;)

PokéDex Prediction

This prediction is BIG AND SPECIFIC but here it goes.

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Taillow
Swellow
Wingull
Pelipper
Ralts
Kirlia
Gardevoir
Gallade
Surskit
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Makuhita
Hariyama
Goldeen
Seaking
Magikarp
Gyarados
Azurill
Marill
Azumarill
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Nosepass
Probopass
Skitty
Delcatty
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Sableye
Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Meditite
Medicham
Electrike
Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Magnemite
Magneton
Magnezone
Voltorb
Electrode
Volbeat
Illumise
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Bellossom
Flabébé
Floette
Florges

Doduo
Dodrio
Budew
Roselia
Roserade
Gulpin
Swalot
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Slugma
Magcargo
Torkoal
Grimer
Muk
Koffing
Weezing
Spoink
Grumpig
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Spinda
Skarmory
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Cacnea
Cacturne
Swablu
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach
Whiscash
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Baltoy
Claydol
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Igglybuff
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Staryu
Starmie
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Dusknoir
Phantump
Trevenant
Pumpkaboo
Gourgeist

Tropius
Chingling
Chimecho
Absol
Larvesta
Volcarona

Vulpix
Ninetales
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu
Psyduck
Golduck
Wynaut
Wobbuffet
Natu
Xatu
Girafarig
Phanpy
Donphan
Pinsir
Heracross
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Rhyperior
Snorunt
Glalie
Froslass
Cryogonal
Snover
Abomasnow

Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Corsola
Chinchou
Lanturn
Luvdisc
Pawniard
Bisharp

Noibat
Noivern

Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp

Bagon
Shelgon
Salamance
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Part of this is wishful thinking, but I think they'll likely add those new Pokémon to give the Elite Four slightly more varied teams, and to give Hoenn more variation. It's a long shot adding unrelated Pokémon but HGSS had 4th Gen evos in their PokéDex so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume they'll be adding a few new Pokémon.
And if Regigigas isn't in the PokéDex then I will eat both of my actual hats.

Last edited:
I suspect that the Hoenn dex will receive the same treatment as the Johto dex in HGSS: same as the originals, but with the addition of a handful of cross-generational relatives. Personally, I'd love to see the likes of Gallade, Froslass, Roserade and Dusknoir added to the mix; should GameFreak repeat their decision (all the additions were evolutions of mons that required leveling up whilst knowing a certain move) and choose not to include mons which evolve via items or are obtained through incense breeding, all we'll get is Probopass and Magnezone.

I'm not saying Probopass and Magnezore are particularly bad, it's just that I'd prefer seeing more than two additions. That aside, I'd love to also see Shellos and Gastrodon, seeing as they were initially designed for Gen III.

I reckon they'll hold back on unobtainable Nation Dex Pokémon slightly, since we still have Pokémon "Z" to come.

Also, Elite Four predictions
Sidney: Mighteyena lv48, Shiftry lv49, Crawdaunt lv48, Cacturne lv49, Mega Absol lv50
Phoebe: Trevenant lv49, Gourgeist lv49, Sableye lv50, Dusknoir lv50, Mega Banette lv52
Glacia: Glalie lv50, Cryogonal lv50, Froslass lv52, Walrein lv52, Mega Abomasnow lv54
Drake: Noivern lv54, Flygon lv53, Altaria lv53, Salamence lv54, Mega Garchomp lv56
Steven: Skarmory lv57, Aggron lv56, Claydol lv56, Armaldo lv56, Cradily lv56, Mega Metagross Lv58

Why would every E4 have a Mega? It wasn't like that in Kalos' E4, so I can't imagine they'd do that here.

I don't think they'll change the Elite Four's signatures, they haven't really done it with any of the other remakes and even assuming they get Mega Evolutions, I'd say it's more likely that they give Walrein and Salamence Megas over changing them out for others.

I can see them updating it to Gen V, but because XY are still new and a potential (and imo likely) Z could be on the way, I don't see any Gen VI Pokemon in the regional dex (except Sylveon, maybe).

I reckon they'll hold back on unobtainable Nation Dex Pokémon slightly, since we still have Pokémon "Z" to come.

Also, Elite Four predictions
Sidney: Mighteyena lv48, Shiftry lv49, Crawdaunt lv48, Cacturne lv49, Mega Absol lv50
Phoebe: Trevenant lv49, Gourgeist lv49, Sableye lv50, Dusknoir lv50, Mega Banette lv52
Glacia: Glalie lv50, Cryogonal lv50, Froslass lv52, Walrein lv52, Mega Abomasnow lv54
Drake: Noivern lv54, Flygon lv53, Altaria lv53, Salamence lv54, Mega Garchomp lv56
Steven: Skarmory lv57, Aggron lv56, Claydol lv56, Armaldo lv56, Cradily lv56, Mega Metagross Lv58

I think Steven will almost certainly have a Mega Evolution (probably Metagross, or Aggron if Metagross doesn't get one in ORAS), but probably not the rest. Mega Evolutions are still too few and far between for everyone in the Elite 4 to get one.

Well the Elite Four teams need more variation, AND I think all the Elite Four should have Megas so they're more challenging. Besides, Steven is the big stone guy so what's to say he hasn't handed out Mega stones he's found.

I think they'll only include evolutionary relatives of Pokémon in the Hoenn Dex tbh Like Froslass Gallade Chingling etc.

AND I think all the Elite Four should have Megas so they're more challenging.

I don't see the point of this. It would dilute the uniqueness of Mega Evolutions far too much.

Personally, though, if they're going to add formerly non-Hoenn Pokemon, things like Sneasel, Litwick, and Golett are probably the best choice.

I'd love to see post-Gen III Pokemon added in. I've played through Emerald so many times that it's difficult trying to find new Pokemon to use. It would also allow for more variety for Gym Leader rematches and the Elite Four (looking at you, Glacia).

AND I think all the Elite Four should have Megas so they're more challenging.

I don't see the point of this. It would dilute the uniqueness of Mega Evolutions far too much.

Personally, though, if they're going to add formerly non-Hoenn Pokemon, things like Sneasel, Litwick, and Golett are probably the best choice.
Yeah I'm with you, as Automatons make everything infinitely more awesome. XD

That said, I'd like to see not only Golett but also Pawniard added to the Hoenn Dex. Those two are always on my team, are dependable and have a special place in my heart. Other than that, I'm not all that picky.

I think we should leave the Hoenn Pokédex as it is. FireRed/LeafGreen left the Kanto Pokédex as it is and HeartGold/SoulSilver only added the move evolutions. They can add new areas to access after the National Pokédex. They can add a new basement to New Mauville that is only accessable after the Elite Four which contains some electric Pokémon like Helioptile and Joltik. Maybe a magnet in that new basement that causes Magneton and Nosepass to evolve. And the Safari Zone can be a pure National Dex area and the Pokémon that were there in Ruby and Sapphire can be moved to other locations. Pikachu can be found in Petalburg Woods and New Mauville while the other Pokémon that were formerly exclusive to the Safari Zone can be found in Route 121. Well, maybe Rhyhorn and Pinsir should be in Victory Road.

I don't expect changes in the Pokedex, given how FR/LG and HG/SS ere handled. Remember that in the Johto Pokedex in HGSS they only included the pokemon that evolves through learning a move.

Doubtful. Just the evolutions of existing regional Pokemon--maybe new additions. The post-game is bound to have handful of Pokemon from each generation.

They'll probably only add the evolutions of Gen 4 and in the post-game they will add alot of pokemon that weren't obtainable in XY.

I think we should leave the Hoenn Pokédex as it is. FireRed/LeafGreen left the Kanto Pokédex as it is and HeartGold/SoulSilver only added the move evolutions.

I don't expect changes in the Pokedex, given how FR/LG and HG/SS ere handled. Remember that in the Johto Pokedex in HGSS they only included the pokemon that evolves through learning a move.

It's true that FRLG and HGSS didn't do much in this regard. However, since those games have been made, we also got BW2, a game that completely turned the concept of a third game on its head and made some larger scale improvements to the Unova region. It would not be unheard of for them to apply this same idea with remakes nowadays. And frankly, I think changes to the regional dex are necessary for some of these older regions in order to help some of the older Pokemon that got cross gen evolutions shine in their native region, and also to fix the lack of variety that existed back in the day. Nostalgia is absolutely no excuse for them to prevent you from using Roserade or to give you an opportunity to use an Ice type not named Walrein or Glalie simply because they couldn't back when the originals were made.

Well, maybe Rhyhorn and Pinsir should be in Victory Road.

Unless Victory Road has been redesigned to have some kind of forest area, it wouldn't fit the environment.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom