• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will they update the Pokedex to include Gen IV-VI Pokemon in Hoenn?

And yes, Dusknoir does change things a little, because it shows a more liberal approach to the regional dex. They didn't have to include Dusknoir, and yet they did. Plus, if they went back and changed the gym rosters, it's more likely that they would've looked at the variety issues and decided to add Pokemon to fix it. It's highly unlikely that they haven't at least thought about this issue.
The gym rosters appear unchanged judging from Wattson's Magneton. It is the Elite Four who may be getting changes, but I think that they have to do with Mega Evolution more than anything else.

Honestly, it's possible that Dusknoir was only added because they wanted Phoebe's signature Pokémon to Mega Evolve, but Dusclops itself can't do that. Also, as long as they're changing the Elite Four's rosters, it is quite possible that they'll reduce the quota to four Pokémon each. That's the new standard in recent generations, which you're already relying on when arguing for an expansion.

Re: PokéDex Prediction

This prediction is BIG AND SPECIFIC but here it goes.

Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile
Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken
Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert
Poochyena
Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Linoone
Wurmple
Silcoon
Beautifly
Cascoon
Dustox
Lotad
Lombre
Ludicolo
Seedot
Nuzleaf
Shiftry
Taillow
Swellow
Wingull
Pelipper
Ralts
Kirlia
Gardevoir
Gallade
Surskit
Masquerain
Shroomish
Breloom
Slakoth
Vigoroth
Slaking
Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja
Whismur
Loudred
Exploud
Makuhita
Hariyama
Goldeen
Seaking
Magikarp
Gyarados
Azurill
Marill
Azumarill
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Nosepass
Probopass
Skitty
Delcatty
Zubat
Golbat
Crobat
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Sableye
Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Machop
Machoke
Machamp
Meditite
Medicham
Electrike
Manectric
Plusle
Minun
Magnemite
Magneton
Magnezone
Voltorb
Electrode
Volbeat
Illumise
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Bellossom
Flabébé
Floette
Florges

Doduo
Dodrio
Budew
Roselia
Roserade
Gulpin
Swalot
Carvanha
Sharpedo
Wailmer
Wailord
Numel
Camerupt
Slugma
Magcargo
Torkoal
Grimer
Muk
Koffing
Weezing
Spoink
Grumpig
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Spinda
Skarmory
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Cacnea
Cacturne
Swablu
Altaria
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach
Whiscash
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Baltoy
Claydol
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Igglybuff
Jigglypuff
Wigglytuff
Feebas
Milotic
Castform
Staryu
Starmie
Kecleon
Shuppet
Banette
Duskull
Dusclops
Dusknoir
Phantump
Trevenant
Pumpkaboo
Gourgeist

Tropius
Chingling
Chimecho
Absol
Larvesta
Volcarona

Vulpix
Ninetales
Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu
Psyduck
Golduck
Wynaut
Wobbuffet
Natu
Xatu
Girafarig
Phanpy
Donphan
Pinsir
Heracross
Rhyhorn
Rhydon
Rhyperior
Snorunt
Glalie
Froslass
Cryogonal
Snover
Abomasnow

Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorebyss
Relicanth
Corsola
Chinchou
Lanturn
Luvdisc
Pawniard
Bisharp

Noibat
Noivern

Horsea
Seadra
Kingdra
Gible
Gabite
Garchomp

Bagon
Shelgon
Salamance
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Regigigas
Latias
Latios
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Jirachi
Deoxys

Part of this is wishful thinking, but I think they'll likely add those new Pokémon to give the Elite Four slightly more varied teams, and to give Hoenn more variation. It's a long shot adding unrelated Pokémon but HGSS had 4th Gen evos in their PokéDex so it wouldn't be much of a stretch to assume they'll be adding a few new Pokémon.
And if Regigigas isn't in the PokéDex then I will eat both of my actual hats.
Phoebe has confirmed 50% of my prediction essentially. The new Pokémon is very wishful thinking but the evolutions are essentially guaranteed.

i looked very closely and in the pokedex it looks like a Whirlipede
Untitled.png
and dusknorr is in the game as well
:sweatlol:

The gym rosters appear unchanged judging from Wattson's Magneton. It is the Elite Four who may be getting changes, but I think that they have to do with Mega Evolution more than anything else.

The confirmation of one Pokemon each doesn't really say much about the rosters as a whole, it's just one Pokemon out of several. Magneton is certainly a curious case, but maybe they thought that Manectric would be too tough for the third gym (especially nowadays when they're intent on setting the gym leaders to "Braindead monkey" difficulty.

Honestly, it's possible that Dusknoir was only added because they wanted Phoebe's signature Pokémon to Mega Evolve, but Dusclops itself can't do that.

It's possible, but I'm not quite sure that they need to give every Elite 4 member a Mega Evolution. Also, Dusknoir has been pretty underused in trainer rosters anyway, even if it didn't Mega Evolve it would still mix things up.

Also, as long as they're changing the Elite Four's rosters, it is quite possible that they'll reduce the quota to four Pokémon each. That's the new standard in recent generations, which you're already relying on when arguing for an expansion.

Probably, but I hope not. That's pretty much the one thing from the new games that I don't want them to carry over, it makes the battles too quick and boring. At the very least give us a properly implemented, available from the start Challenge Mode so the veterans don't have to put up with any of this nonsense.

Magneton is certainly a curious case, but maybe they thought that Manectric would be too tough for the third gym (especially nowadays when they're intent on setting the gym leaders to "Braindead monkey" difficulty.
If that were the only reason, I'd think they'd take out Magneton and leave Manectric. They're about equally powerful.

It's possible, but I'm not quite sure that they need to give every Elite 4 member a Mega Evolution.
They don't need to do it, but Sidney appears to have a Key Stone attached to his watch, and Phoebe appears to wear a new neklace upon close inspection.

I was going through pre release screen shots on seribii and found this

megacharizard2.jpg

why are they showing off charizard so much? and why was this a screen shot released at all? Maybe garchomp and charizard are in the regional dex now ( or the more likly one this is post game but still why was this screen shot even given to us?)

I'd be happy if the regional Pokedex was expanded mostly to fit in evolutionary families of native Pokemon, like Roselia and Dusclops. No reason to shoehorn 100 or so Pokemon that have no business being there. Oh, and give all the regionals a really long Pokedex entry like in the originals, please!

And who said Phoebe and Sidney have to Megavolve their Pokemon? I'm kind of skeptical that all of the E4 (or worse, its first two members) get Megavolution. Seems like overkill, doesn't it? That said, I'll take that over the "new Pokemon" being stupid dress-up Pikachu. Now I have yet ANOTHER reason to loathe that stupid rat.

Last edited:
If that were the only reason, I'd think they'd take out Magneton and leave Manectric. They're about equally powerful.

Eh, I'm not really much of a competitive expert, but Magneton has more weaknesses and Manectric has a higher speed, so I think Manectric would be a bigger threat.

I'd be happy if the regional Pokedex was expanded mostly to fit in evolutionary families of native Pokemon, like Roselia and Dusclops. No reason to shoehorn 100 or so Pokemon that have no business being there. Oh, and give all the regionals a really long Pokedex entry like in the originals, please!

I'd hardly say they have no business being there considering most of the Pokemon being suggested are either to fix type variety problems or distribution variety problems.

Magneton have a ton of resistances though, better defenses, both of them, although the lack of HP might make up for that, I'm not about to do the math. It also have significantly higher SpA and it got Sonicboom which is devastating on your level 20's. Not to mention Supersonic and both of them throw T-Wave around.

And these competitive aspects probably don't even occur to Game Freak that much when it comes to designing in-game teams. I really doubt that they consider Manectric overpowered for a third gym, especially when they gave Hawlucha to Korrina. It's better than (regular) Manectric competitively.

The Mega Diancie screenshots have her fighting a wild Dusknoir. Could that mean it can be caught in the wild?

So does the presence of Lopunny suggest an expanded Dex? The Lopunnite or whatever is most likely post-game, but I doubt the actual Pokémon herself is.

But then... where is she catchable? She obviously has extremely thick fur. She'd die in the tropical Hoenn and the only habitat for ice types is an oceanic cavern, certainly no way for a rabbit to get there... Buneary was catchable in a forest hidden from the sun, so we can assume it was cool there. But there's no similar areas in Hoenn. Even Petalburg is a seaside forest, meaning it must be hot and damp in there as evidenced by Shroomish.

I'm hoping that with an expanded Dex comes an expanded region.

So does the presence of Lopunny suggest an expanded Dex? The Lopunnite or whatever is most likely post-game, but I doubt the actual Pokémon herself is.

It does seem to hint towards an expanded Hoenn Dex, but I wouldn't quite call that confirmation. If they make the Lopunnite post game, there's no reason for them to put Buneary/Lopunny in the main game.

But then... where is she catchable? She obviously has extremely thick fur. She'd die in the tropical Hoenn and the only habitat for ice types is an oceanic cavern, certainly no way for a rabbit to get there... Buneary was catchable in a forest hidden from the sun, so we can assume it was cool there. But there's no similar areas in Hoenn. Even Petalburg is a seaside forest, meaning it must be hot and damp in there as evidenced by Shroomish.

You're overthinking it. I don't think they really take regional climates into account, just the areas themselves. So I can see them putting it in either Petalburg Woods or Rt. 117.

Kindly point to me where the region could be expanded on the map, because I don't see much room for new areas.

At any rate, the only thing they really need to do is add post game areas, they have plenty of diverse environments, and Hoenn needs its existing areas to be fleshed out more than it needs new ones. There's a place for just about any Pokemon you'd want to add in the game.

It does seem to hint towards an expanded Hoenn Dex, but I wouldn't quite call that confirmation. If they make the Lopunnite post game, there's no reason for them to put Buneary/Lopunny in the main game.

You're overthinking it. I don't think they really take regional climates into account, just the areas themselves. So I can see them putting it in either Petalburg Woods or Rt. 117.

Kindly point to me where the region could be expanded on the map, because I don't see much room for new areas.

At any rate, the only thing they really need to do is add post game areas, they have plenty of diverse environments, and Hoenn needs its existing areas to be fleshed out more than it needs new ones. There's a place for just about any Pokemon you'd want to add in the game.

Well just because the region is the same size and has the same areas doesn't mean that the caves and forests and buildings (etc.) can't all be larger themselves internally. That's what I meant by expanded. We've already seen that Granite Cave is now MASSIVE in the area where you first meet Steven and apparently Meteor Falls is now outside on a verdant field. So redesigns and expansions aren't out of the question.

And actually, more often than not, if you look at a Pokémon and then look at its habitat in its native region, it usually matches climate-wise.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom