• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will this ever happen in Pokemon?

rockmanmegaman

Reaction score
Do you think these will ever happen?
1. Make the boy playable character from the game join up with Ash and co
2. Brock leaves the group
3. Misty coming back
4. Showing the female playable character from Pokemon Firered
5. Ash becoming a pokemon master
6. Revealing who's Ash's dad
7. Jessie's mother reunited with jessie
8. Will Porygon ever be featured again
9. Jigglypuff coming back
10. GS Ball becamed useful

and please post reason why you think

Last edited:
1. Make a boy character (from the game) join up with Ash and co

Does Max count? His design was based off the schoolboy from R/S.

Maybe someday Brock will finally leave, who knows.

3. Misty coming back

No.

Probably not.

During the final eps I imagine.

50/50 chance I guess.

Very unlikely.

Very unlikely.

I wish it would, we'll see.

Its been forgotten.

Last edited:
When i say a boy character from the game I mean the male playable character from the game.

They probably never brought in Brendan or Lucas to the cast because they would conflict with Ash.

Having two people do Gyms would be boring, and the writers don't want to replace Ash, so there you go.

Atleast the writer could do is to make them meet each other or make Ash battle them. I mean giving them cameo appearance is just sad.

The male character from Gen 5 could be a coordinator. He might pick the grass starter (this time a it'll be a bird. Ash and Misty will travel with him.

Togekiss' existence pretty much guarantees Misty's return. Wouldn't it suck if it debuted with a COTD?

The female protag from FRLG was the blandest playable character to grace Pokemon.

Ash's father will come out of the GS ball. 2 birds with 1 stone!

Togekiss' existence pretty much guarantees Misty's return. Wouldn't it suck if it debuted with a COTD?

In Platinum Cynthia has a Togekiss on her team if I'm not mistaken. There's a good chance they'll just have Cynthia debut Togekiss.

Misty's Togetic is in another dimension back in Hoenn, I can't see it reuniting with her.

The female protag from FRLG was the blandest playable character to grace Pokemon.

The funny thing is most of Dawn's design was based off of FR/LG girl with some slight tweaks.

Ash's father will come out of the GS ball. 2 birds with 1 stone!

Of course!

So the Togepi egg she gives the player could be her Togekiss' child? This means you could have a parent/offspring battle in the E4!! EP-PIC!

1. Ash fills the main male role, so no.
2. Brock has very little purpose by now, I agree, but I think the writers are too scared to eliminate him after the Tracey incident.
3. That interview by WPM says no.
4. They had their chance to show Leaf back in Battle Frontier. It's gone.
5. If there is an end, perhaps.
6. I don't remember if this is any concern of the writers.
7. When was Jessie's mother mentioned? I don't know about this. Something tells me no, though.
8. Not a chance, not for it or any of its evos.
9. I think Jiggly is officially of no concern anymore, either.
10. We were supposed to forget about that.

If Brock leaves next generation (or any of the generations after that) they might let the new games' hero join the group as the new sidekick... this might also allow the female (hopefully Dawn) to stay for another generation

I hope Brock leave at the end of DP (or even at the end of Sinnoh, if DP has a second journey) I actually think there's a good chance for this to happen if Holly will return
Than they can really keep Dawn and just change the sidekick

3. Misty coming back

For a dew episodes - sure
But she won't be a main character again... she didn't do much at all in her whole run (yes even in Kanto/Orange... I don't see way people say it was better early on than in Johto... at least in Johto she had the Whirl Cup and Seaking competition and a few more things! maybe it's easier to notice in Johto since that was a longer saga)
So really there's no reason to bring her back to continue to do nothing
I like Misty so I'm happy Brock is the one to suffer rather than her
She's ok the way things are now

They can easily stick her on these movie beginnings when they explain about Pokémon or give her random cameos like Marina's in DP
She can even be a random character of the say or an opponent in the league or something (I'd preffer that over making her a Coordinator too)
Will they do it? unlikely

Only if they decide to end Ash's story and replace hero

It's so not important at all and won't affect anything so why'd they do it?

Just like Ash

Unlikely but not impossible

They abandoned this thing years ago
The little chance I can see for them to bring it up again is only if there's GSC remakes and even that won't make it sure

Does Max count? His design was based off the schoolboy from R/S.

It looks like a more coincidence to me... they just made a little kid with glasses

They probably never brought in Brendan or Lucas to the cast because they would conflict with Ash.

Having two people do Gyms would be boring, and the writers don't want to replace Ash, so there you go.

You act like they must make them Gym challengers
They can easily make them whatever they want

The male character from Gen 5 could be a coordinator.

But the whole idea of Contests is being a more girly plot that the heroine do to appeal more to girls
It's most likely the show will always continue to be hero and heroine doing Gyms and Contests respectively

Misty's Togetic is in another dimension back in Hoenn, I can't see it reuniting with her.

DP = Dialga and Palkia = Time and Space... creates dimensions
Seems much more likely to visit other dimensions this saga rather than any of the previous ones (and probably more of the next ones as well since they aren't likely to repeat the time space thing)

I doubt it. Ash kinda is the boy playable character from RBY. Besides, I have noticed that while the girl characters all look very different, the boy characters look rather similar.
It has happened once, but I doubt it will ever happen again because Brock is too popular to get rid of (a lot of fans would stop watching the show).
3. Misty coming back
She did. Maybe she will come back every once in a while.
Since Misty is the Kanto Twerpette, there can't be another playable character girl companion.
That's the whole point. If the show ended any other way, a lot of fans would be annoyed.
I don't know.
Most likely not.
Probably not. After what happened, I doubt it.
Maybe. I hope so.
Probably not.

What I'd like to know is if James will get his Cacnea back after it learns Drain Punch.

They could do what they did with Ruby in Pokemon Special and have HIM do the contests instead of the girls. =P

Anyway:

rockmanmegaman said:

No

Doubt it at this point

3. Misty coming back

Cameo, maybe. Main character, no.

Probably not

Eventually

Possibly

No, but I won't say completely.

I wish

No

No

That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. =P

Why do people care about FR/LG girl anyway?

They basically modified her design into Dawn anyway, they almost look like the same character.

And no, Misty doesn't count as the Kanto "heroine" since FR/LG didn't exist back in RBY and she was never playable in the games.

I think Brock should leave the group hes been on the show to long and he doesn't do anything interesting now hes just a background charter.

Misty will return but not as a main charter she will probably make an appearance sometime in Sinnoh.

The GS Ball has been forgotten it will never appear again.

Porygon will probably never appear again in the anime not after the seizure instant but who knows it could reaper one day.

Ash's dad isn't important we may find out who he is in the final episode of the show.

Why do people care about FR/LG girl anyway?

They basically modified her design into Dawn anyway, they almost look like the same character.
OMG I had not noticed that! o_O

And no, Misty doesn't count as the Kanto "heroine" since FR/LG didn't exist back in RBY and she was never playable in the games.
Why had I not thought of that?

3. Misty coming back

1. No, as it was said, boy characters look similar with exception of D/P

2. Brock is too popular to leave, even though at moment all he does is tell Dawn and rest about moves and abilities, try to get with girls and occationally help pokemon along the way.

3. I can't see Misty returning even though many want her too, too much time has passed since we last saw her and probably she has moved her life on, wouldn't you if you were her?

4. idk, but I doubt it will happen.

5. Probably at the end as its his main goal

6. idk, anything could happen oneday

7. I won't say no completly, but probably not.

8. After that porygon episode? I doubt it highly.

9. I doubt it since it has not been seen since the 1 Hoenn episode

10. GS ball was a filler and we may never know what was inside it or see it again.

And have both of them do the exact same thing? why the hell would they?

The writers are making it very clear that Brock is sticking around. You may not like him, but too bad, he's staying put.

3. Misty coming back

There was an interview saying that she won't.

Why would they? They don't need to promote FR/LG anymore.

They've never defined what a Pokémon master is. The show can go on and on forever that way.

They won't do this.

They won't do this either. Since it has nothing to do with the main story. Besides, it only occured in a CD drama and might not even be a part of the main canon.

It won't, seeing that it's one debut episode managed to almost get the series canceled. The same actually goes for Kadabra (that's why we only see Abra and Alakazam most of the time).

It's been dumped because it doesn't fit with the main themes of the show.

The same interview stated that it was planned for something with Celebi, but that was dropped for the 4th movie. It's best to forget about it.

I think all of these questions are stupid ones that have been asked and answered a million billion times.

It really peeves me actually.

I suppose FR/LG girl could have appeared as a rival coordinator during Battle Frontier, but then it would seem kinda gimmicky.

Then again, nobody knew at the time Dawn and then Marina would be turned into coordinators too. :/

Then again, nobody knew at the time Dawn and then Marina would be turned into coordinators too. :/

I doubt "nobody knew" though.

With the successfulness May got by introducing Contests to the anime, it only made sense to make most of the female protagonists introduced in the anime to be interested in Contests.

Even Gary's sister (who doesn't appear at all in the anime) is apparently involved in contests. Or at least she was in the FR/LG fame checker thing.

With Marina, an "Idol Trainer" is very close to what a coordinator is basically. What's involved in being an idol trainer? showing off your Pokémon in a beautiful way? that's almost the same thing coordinators do in contests. So it only makes sense to retcon her being a coordinator as well.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom