• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will trading be good in LGPE?

MrMeowPuss

Reaction score
I am personally expecting trading to be fun again for those who get these games. If you are wondering why I expect this, the start of Gen 6 is my reason.

When Gen 6 started, Pokemon Bank wasn't compatible with X & Y (IIRC) so the only Pokemon you could trade, was those that were caught in game. This was the most I had ever traded and the quality of request was so much better (no offering a basic Pokemon in exchange for shiny legendaries etc). It hasn't been confirmed but it seems Let's Go won't be compatible with Pokemon bank. Do you think this means trading will be a lot more fun once again?

When Gen 6 started, Pokemon Bank wasn't compatible with X & Y (IIRC) so the only Pokemon you could trade, was those that were caught in game. This was the most I had ever traded and the quality of request was so much better (no offering a basic Pokemon in exchange for shiny legendaries etc). It hasn't been confirmed but it seems Let's Go won't be compatible with Pokemon bank. Do you think this means trading will be a lot more fun once again?

I don't think it should be taken as a certainty because people now can just transfer their version exclusive missing Pokémon from Go.
Same for anything else they want.

I don't think so. As Icy Wind already said earlier, not having Wonder Trade would be a pretty big hit. I've found something very satisfying in stockpiling hundreds of Trainer IDs for the daily Lotto prizes. It's not another Magikarp or Yungoos, it's another lottery ticket.

Remove Wonder Trade, and you remove my one regular reason to trade at all.

I don't think so. As Icy Wind already said earlier, not having Wonder Trade would be a pretty big hit. I've found something very satisfying in stockpiling hundreds of Trainer IDs for the daily Lotto prizes. It's not another Magikarp or Yungoos, it's another lottery ticket.

Remove Wonder Trade, and you remove my one regular reason to trade at all.

Do we even know if there's going to be a lottery in this game? I don't remember seeing one in the original RBY games.

Do we even know if there's going to be a lottery in this game? I don't remember seeing one in the original RBY games.

That's because the Master Ball was supposed to still be a prototype in that game (it's literally part of the plot!). The other games had lotteries as a way of getting more than one Master Ball, since it should have been in production for every game that chronologically comes after RBY.

I don't think Go's mechanics make a lottery necessary, though.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom