• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Will we actually get the Move Tutors from the get-go? or do we have to wait next year for the next glorified DLC/Patch and/or remakes again?

Do you think we'll actually be getting Move Tutors from the get-go for once?

• Total voters

TheHungryBox

Reaction score
I asked this because in the recent trailer, we have seen Gastrodon used Earth Power which it can only learn via Move Tutor of which are only available in the enhanced versions and remakes and not the first game(s) of the generation.

View: https://youtu.be/uaF9iJ9bzUM?t=31

Unless its only because:
A) Gastrodon can learn it via level-up or egg move now
or
B) Its only a transferred Gastrodon that learned the move (more likely the former)

We could actually get Move Tutors from the get-go for once rather than waiting for next year just to pay for either the next glorified DLC or the next remake?

I was going to say that it probably won’t happen since, at least for the past two generations, move tutors have only been in the secondary pair of games in a generation, however, your comment about Gastrodon and Earth Power lends credit to the theory that SwSh will have move tutors. Considering the fact that these games are slated for “long-time fans” or what have you, it would make sense to include move tutors since they’re useful for competitive, something long-time fans are generally more interested in. So there’s a chance move tutors might be in.

Last edited:
I was going to say that it probably won’t happen since, at least for the past two generations, move tutors have only been in the secondary pair of games in a generation, however, your comment about Gastrodon and Earth Power lends credit to the theory that SwSh will have move tutors. Considering the fact that these games are slated for “long-time fans” or what have you, it would make sense to include move tutors since they’re useful for competitive, something long-time fans are generally more interested in. So there’s a chance move tutors might be in.
Especially considering that trading between two games in the same generation would be either limited or completely not present because of Dexit, meaning that if they included move tutors only in the followup games then some Pokemon will be unable to access them.

DLC at best.

meaning that if they included move tutors only in the followup games then some Pokemon will be unable to access them.
Those Pokemon wouldn't be relevant to the updated metagame anyway, unless the game turned out to be a Galar expansion.

Sheesh, I've been critical of these games since E3, and even I think that poll was uncalled for.
To actually answer the topic; Hopefully! I mean, there's a lot that could go into why Gastrodon had Earth Power in the trailers, but I really doubt that it's because it was transferred over.
I do, however, hope that if it isn't because we're getting Move Tutors from the get-go, that maybe we're seeing more Pokemon getting access to new Egg Moves. It would be a nice incentive for breeding.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom