• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
ScarletViolet.PNG
The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!

Archaic

Archaic

im picking fuecoco !!! i love how silley he looks and i luv fire types and red is my favorite color ....... funny lil pepper croc dude!!!!!!!!!!! hoping his evos are cool tooo......... smile!

Definitely going with Quaxly for my first playthrough. I haven't picked a Water Starter for my first playthrough in a new game in quite some time, I think since Froakie in X/Y (I picked Piplup for Brillaint Diamond/Shining Pearl, but since they're remakes, I'm not sure I can justify that as "new" for me). I'm very curious to see what will come of Quaxly in the way of a Final Evolution and the overall versatility of it compared to the other assessable early-game Water Types in this vast, new world.

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!
I will be choosing Fuecoco because I am a big fan of crocodilians. So much so that if reincarnation is real I hope to one day be reincarnated as an alligator on the coast of Texas my home state.

I'm going to pick Fuecoco because I love its design and I always go for fire types. (Unless it's a monkey like chimchar lol.) I'm so excited to see what it'll evolve into!! I'm hoping for either an alligator design or a dragon on 4 legs.

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm planning to pick Quaxly! This is partially because I have picked the water starter almost every single time in the past, but also because I love how cute he is! His little hat/hair makes him look like a small pirate duck and he is just adorable!

I am choosing Fuecoco since out of the pokemon revealed so far I have made a demo team of Gogoat (Who is finally coming back!) Or Breloom (My favorite Fighting type) , Paldean Wooper (Because I am not sure if it was become Quagsire or a Regional Evolution), Polteageist (Who is my favorite Pokemon from Galar), Gardevoir (Who is my Favorite Hoenn Pokemon) and lastly Gyarados (Not revealed yet to my knowledge but I have a feeling that it will come back). I think this is a rounded team but of course due to how much is yet to be revealed the Pokemon will probably change.

First play through I will definitely choose Fuecoco as my starter. It’s a little bit of a tradition for me to use the fire type starter first as they are almost always my favourite design, the major exception to this was Rowlet in Sun/Moon, otherwise I’ve always gone fire first.

At the minute Sprigatito is my second favourite so will likely be my choice for play through 2, unless I end up preferring Quaxley’s evolutions.

Good luck, Trainers!
Fuecoco, because he's just a silly little pepper crocodile. Very cute

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm going to be using Quaxly as my starter Pokémon because I just love his sassy little face

Likely going with Sprigatito first time around! Love all cat pokemon, it's super cute, and I almost always choose the grass starter. If its evolution stands up though, my backup is definitely Fuecoco!

As a fan of grass-types and a cat-owner basically my whole life, Sprigatito is the obvious choice; besides he looks the cutest to me. I can only hope they don't evolve him to be a weird anthropomorphic-mon once again.

I'm picking Fuecoco for my Scarlet play as I've always been typically fire type anyway starter but it also reminds me of one of the baby monsters from Monsters Inc. that runs around screaming Mike Wazowski haha

I'm gonna pick Sprigatito , I think its design is just sooooo so good and I always have a soft spot for grass types and cat pokemons ! I also think its french name "Poussacha" is really funny and cute ♥

Fuecoco will be the starter for me.
I still remember the happy moments when I first played Pokemon Red version. I was just a kid back then. My father had purchased it for me as we went on a trip. My first starter was Charmander. I remember the experience of having a fire pokemon very dearly. I have chosen different starters throughout all of the games, but now Fuecoco reminds me of Charmander a little bit. But oh well! I wish to embrace the fire power again!

Tentatively Sprigatito cause its a cat and cats are cute :) (though admittedly I might change my mind when I see the final evolutions).

I'm gonna be using Fuecoco cause he looks like such a funky little dude! I usually use water type starters, and have since gen 3, but something about Fuecoco's goofy smile is making me break my pattern

I'm going to choose Sprigatito, because I think it's really cute! I'm always sold on canine or feline pokémon like this. As an addition, while I'm generally mixed between the 3 starter types (fire a little less than the others), all of my grass picks will have been 4+ generations old by Scarlet and Violet. It's a good time for a refresher.

And if it evolves into something with 2 legs? Well, I'm going to keep it. If Sprigatito wants to stand like a people, I am powerless to stop it and will welcome its new form with open arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom