• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
ScarletViolet.PNG
The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!

Archaic

Archaic

I don't know if I'll be eligible for the giveaway. Nevertheless, if ever I'm definitely going for Sprigatito!! I.. I L-like cats, critically I like the cute and approachable side of it compared to the other starters! Greenery Rules! Plant more trees guys!

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!
I think I'll be going with Sprigatito this time! It has a really cute design and good potential for evolutions and I want to switch up my starter type since I've used a Water type starter in gen 7, 8 and Legends Arceus.

I havent used a grass starter probably ever, so starting off with an adorable grass cat like Sprigatito is exciting for me. The last two cats i owned went missing, and i love cats so much. If the rumors are true and its evolutions are magic based that would be dope :)

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Good luck, Trainers!
i'll be choosing fuecoco, i usually choose the fire starters in my first playthrough and it's just so cute, can't wait to see its middle evo :•)

I plan to get all three... but for my first playthrough I plan on using Sprigatito. I've traditionally gone for water starters since they can learn ice moves easily, but gens 7 and 8 really disappointed me with their designs and Quaxly being obsessed with it's hair isn't thrilling me. plus he's just so cute!

I’m going to pick fuecoco. Because I loved totodile and his evolution when I was a kid so I figure fuecoco will be another vicious Pokémon to use

Good luck, Trainers!
Honestly I’m torn between fuecoco and quaxly, but ultimately I think I’m gonna choose Fuecoco because I am a huge totodile fan and something about a fire breathing crocodile sounds insanely awesome. Cant wait to play Gen 9!

Good luck, Trainers!
I would like to choose Fuecoco Because my favorite Type in the pokemon franchise is fire followed by electric and I freaking love reptiles. This would be followed by Sprigatito Because I love the adorable fox pokemon

I was originally going to go with Sprigatito because I love cats and own four of them. But Fuecoco has grown on me. Like firey mold. And he's just so cute! I usually go with the water starter, so it will be neat to have a change of pace! I look forward to the new region with the firey croc boi!

I'm planning on getting Sprigatito just to check if it's going to stand up when it evolves. Hahahaha (though spoilers say it will)

I'm choosing Fuecoco because he's the most unique looking starter we've had in ages. I'm glad people like the other two, but Sprigatto has that "marketable plushie" vibe a lot of the generic starters have, and Quaxly is just Ducklett in a hat haha. But Fuecoco is WEIRD, and I love it. I don't even pick Fire-type starters most times, but I guess combining a hot pepper with a crocodile will persuade me.

im gonna have to go with Sprigatito. i dont usually go with grass types but i am a big big fan of cats and this one intrigued me the most out of the three starters. plus im a big fan of it's design.

Fuecoco - IMO the most original of the starter designs (though all three are great in their own ways). Plus the little guy has a wonderfully goofy expression, and I'm a sucker for spherical mons in general (see also: Rowlet and Spheal).

Im choosing Quaxly for 2 reasons.
First, I have a pattern of choosing starters based on type and having an even spread, so since the last 2 starters I chose were fire and grass, I'm doing water this time. Also, Quaxly is the cutest.

I'm going with Quaxley because he's cute, and I just generally prefer to use the water starters. I've kinda done it that way since I started playing Pokémon back in '07

Good luck, Trainers!
I will be choosing Sprigatito. I have always picked grass type starters since i first played pokémon back in gen 3 with my main man Treecko! It’s my fav type and sprigatito looks like a welcome addition to the family! Very excited to see what it’s evolutions look like

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm picking Sprigatito because I love cats and he's cute af :) also if the rumors are true he will have the best secondary type I could ask for :D

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm planning on having Sprigatito as my starter in Violet. I have always gone with the grass starter in odd generations, and water in even. Not on purpose, it just happens that I like those designs best. I also do like cats, so that helps too.

I want my partner to be Fuecoco. I think his goofy appearance and his laid back personality just speaks to me and I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom