• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
ScarletViolet.PNG
The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!

Archaic

Archaic

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!
definately going with fuecoco, this gen is a tough choice so far all of the starters actualy look good

I am planning to choose Fuecoco. I absolutely adore the shape of the little guy since it almost reminds me of Turtwig. I always adore the round and goofy looking Pokémon and Fuecoco so happen to fit the description. I look forward to seeing what this guy ends up evolving into.

I will pick Fuecoco for my starter because fire type Pokemon are my favorite and I love how cute and weird Fuecoco looks, it was love at first sight.

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Good luck, Trainers!
I'm gonna use Quaxley, because I usually use the Water starter.

I'm choosing Quaxly! Firstly because it just looks great and cute with its beautiful hairstyle, and secondly because I have high hopes for its final stage: I'm sure it's going to look really cool and aggressive, given its probable second type! It'll be my first water type starter too!

I'll be choosing Quaxly. I always choose water starters, but also Quaxy is probably my favourite of the Paldea starters. I love their pompadour, it's so cute.

I'm choosing Fuecoco because I've always chosen the fire starter since I began playing in Gen 1 and Fire is my favorite type.

I'm gonna pick Fuecoco! I've just always picked fire types as my starter ever since I was a kid! Plus my favourite colour is red.

Every pokemon game I play I pick the fire starter but something has changed for me this time and really want to pick quaxly, he feels different and would give me different experience. Quaxly as a duck also excites me compared to the previous water starters in sword and shield and sun and moon. This is going to be my first water starter I’ve ever planned of picking and I’m excited. Hopefully I can win PS. I’m in the UK

I'm choosing Sprigatito because of the color and its typing. I just really hope that its evolution is quadrupedal! Also, I love cats, i have 3 cats at home named Magnus, Momo and Manu!!!!

I'm picking fuecoco! It is adorable, I do love its smile and looks so funny and friendly! Furthermore, I haven't chosen a fire starter since V generation (Tepig).

Good luck, Trainers!
I love the design of Quaxly! I could still change my mind but that’s where I’m leaning early on.

I am honestly torn on which one to pick. I usually go water type except for Bulbasaur (I always pick Bulbasaur) but being there are so few fire types I actually like I may actually choose Fuecoco. I love his name, I love his look. And it'll be fun to challenge myself by picking the fire type.

Fuecoco, I choose you! As soon as the starters were revealed, Fuecoco was the one that immediately stood out to me, which is interesting because I had never had a preference for the Fire-type starter before. Before it was always the Water starter, or occasionally the Grass starter.

Fuecoco just looks so carefree, and I'm confident that I'm gonna enjoy journeying through Paldea with one!

I'm choosing Sprigatito in my first Violet playthrough. This choice is significant to me because I always have chosen the fire-type starter and always played the first game in the pair (Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, etc) so choosing Violet will be a first for me. I think that this change of pace deserves another change - and I look forward to playing through with my first grass starter.

I'm picking Sprigatito in Violet. It's just a very cute kitty! Normally, I pick Water-types since Sapphire, although Torchic was technically my first starter before I had to reset to "catch 'em all" early. I rarely picked Grass-types other than Snivy and Rowlet, because I love their designs, especially Snivy's final evolved form. I don't have anything against Grass-types as many are, I normally think Water-types are a bit stronger with their special attacks and such. I also love Quaxly's design because I also love ducks and even own them, but I'm curious about using Sprigatito. I might use both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom