• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Win a copy of Pokémon Scarlet or Violet as part of Bulbagarden's pre-order giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Staff
ScarletViolet.PNG
The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!

Archaic

Archaic

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Your response can be as long as you like, but must actually answer the question. For example, "I'm planning on using Quaxly in my first Scarlet playthrough because I haven't used a Water-type starter since Gen IV!" would be a good response, but "I'm going to use the green one, just because." would not be. Final judgement on if a sufficient answer has been given will rest with the Bulbagarden staff.

The deadline for all entries is Friday September 16th, at 11:59pm (PDT). Once this deadline has passed, we will randomly select our nine winners from respondents. Winners will be contacted in the first instance via Bulbagarden Forums DM, and then via any other contact details connected to their Bulbagarden Forums account in the event that we don't receive a response.

Due to Amazon pre-order limitations, we can only award up to three copies per geographic region; Amazon US, UK etc. Winners in Canada and some other countries may also be required to answer a basic skill-testing question to receive their prize, in compliance with local laws. As a result of these factors, we will also need to know the country in which you are based, so make sure you've added this information to your account details to confirm your eligibility.

Full terms and conditions for this contest, along with an FAQ, can be found here.

Good luck, Trainers!

weed cat of course because it's weed cat :3

I will be using Fuecoco because it's an adorable little pepper alligator and I quite enjoy it's look. I do intend on getting the others through trading tho.

I think I’ll choose sprigatito because I like cool furry animals like cats, foxes, wolves, etc. also it’s very cute, but that doesn’t say much given that they’re all very cute

View attachment 163040The ninth Generation of Pokémon is swiftly approaching, and to celebrate this milestone, Bulbagarden is giving away nine pre-order copies of either Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet! It could hardly be easier to enter - all you have to do is make a comment under this news post, answering one simple question: Which starter Pokémon are you planning to use in Scarlet or Violet, and why?

Good luck, Trainers!
Definitely want to choose Fuecoco for my playthrough of Violet. I have always had a soft spot for fire types starters ever since choosing cyndaquil back in the day when I played silver. On top of that if his evolution line has any similarity for the Feraligatr line then I'll literally have the perfect starter! Especially since he is one of my favorite starter designs, so I can only cross my fingers and wait to see!

Last edited:

Good luck, Trainers!

Quaxly all the way ! I have been waiting for another water-bird like Piplup, since it was my favorite pokemon in Gen IV. Besides, it's a Duck, and ducks are always adorable. It seems Gamefreak is going with a sort of sailor theme for this pokemon( I'm not the only one with that suspicion, as I can see ), and it would be a very welcome if it were so. I wonder if it'll evolve into a water/flying or water/fighting type... Either way, it's fine for me ! : )

I'm choosing Sprigatito!! I love cats and a grass-type cat just sounds absolutely lovely to have lol. I've always loved the grass-type starters. Sceptile is my favorite!

I'm probably going to choose Fuecoco to continue my trend of picking the fire starters for the last couple generations (Fennekin, Litten, Scorbunny), but also because it's really cute! I just hope the final evo does it justice. :,)

I'm picking Fuecoco. I have always been a fan of crocodile based Pokémon because they never disappoint. I have mostly picked water starters during my gameplays but this time seeing a water creature turned into a fire pocket monster caught my attention. I'm sure Fuecoco's final evolution won't disappoint.

I choose Fuecoco because traditionally, I've always picked fire type Pokemon as my starter! It all started with Torchic, and I shall continue the tradition with Fuecoco! I'm hoping that his evolution tree is good though!

I will be choosing Sprigatito because Grass is one of my favorite types, but I only really enjoyed the designs of the Bulbasaur and the Snivy evolution lines. Since it's basically a cat, I think it is adorable and I am looking forward to using a grass type starter with a design I love in a playthrough again.

Good luck, Trainers!
It's quite a hard decision right now, since I usually pick the starter based on it's final form's typing and appearance. Although, after checking that most of the time my first pick was water type, I lean towards grass in this generation. Also, for me it's design seems the best out of those three, so during my first Pokemon Violet playthrough I'd probably pick Sprigatito.

I will chose Quaxly because for most of the time i`ve been choosing fire type pokemon and now i want to try opposite type.

I'm gonna go with Sprigatito mostly because I'm partial to grass starters, ever since I met Bulbasaur in Gen 1. I also love the look of it, making me excited to experience its evolutions. I think it will be a force to reckon with. :)

I'm probably going to choose Quaxly, seems like he might get a good typing, and maybe some good evolutions. But most of all, I think ducks are pretty cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Search Bulbapedia

Back
Top Bottom