• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: 風雨 (Wind and Rain) (Oneshot)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
A Facadeverse fic

I had the urge to write about Wallace and Winona's kid in a fluffy, non angsty sort of way

They went out on a walk through Jubilife City the day before the Wallace Cup began. It had been a hectic week, and it would only become more so. They wanted a day of just the three of them: Wallace, Winona, and Robin. They went out in the morning: Winona got to see flying Starly, and she got to share that joy with Robin for the first time. Their joy made Wallace happy.

As they came back to the hotel in the evening, they were running through a storm.

It was a downpour of wind and rain. It crashed down onto the streets and buildings. Some people were lucky enough to have umbrellas. Others, like Wallace and Winona, had to face the cold and wetness without such a luxury.

Wallace held his cape over Winona, trying to keep her and Robin dry. He knew he was getting soaked. He knew that Winona was getting soaked, as much as he tried to keep her dry. But as long as Robin was dry, as long as she was safe, it would all be okay. She was just a baby. She needed protection from the terrifying storm.

Could she even see the rain? She was barely six months old, but there was wonder in her turquoise eyes. A clap of thunder roared through the city, scaring the wonder away and startling her into tears. Wallace himself flinched and stopped against a building, his heart racing. As more thunder roared, Winona stood in front of him. Her smile managed to calm him down just a bit, enough to cover Winona and Robin again, enough to look down at Robin.

They were both scared of storms, it seemed. They both needed safety and comfort, it seemed.

"Shhh, it's okay," Wallace whispered. "It's okay. It's okay."

Wallace put his free hand on Robin, who was spared from the soaked fate her parents had suffered. She took his cold finger in her tiny, warm hands. She looked up at her parents, her cries growing quieter as she realized she was safe from the thunder, safe with her parents. Winona wrapped an arm around Wallace. He was safe from the thunder, safe with his wife and daughter. They were all safe, he reassured himself. It was going to be okay.

Wallace leaned over Robin, and his forehead pressed against Winona's. Smiling, he kissed her lips. She was smiling as well, but she was also shivering. Or was it him who was shivering? Either way, they had to get back to the hotel.

The warmth of the hotel lobby welcomed the three. The floors were wet, and countless people who had also been caught in the rain were standing or walking around. Some of them squealed when they saw Wallace. He gave them a smile and a wave as he walked into the elevator with his wife, who leaned against him to further hide herself under his cape. She had never liked the spotlight, and she became even more protective against the public and media after Robin was born.

"I'll take care of Robin," Wallace said to Winona. "You should get changed first."

He smiled, thinking about going back to the hotel room, thinking about warm blankets and warm tea and warm cuddles.

And when the doors to the elevator closed, it was once again just the three of them: Wallace, Winona, and Robin.

Last edited:
Bulbaversary present? :)
Like before, you already know; round five of this, let’s go!

Something that I’ve found really funny about my February reviewing challenge experience is that the last three fics that I’ve read from you almost form a coherent trilogy of sorts, haha. First, with You were only waiting for this moment to be free, I got a story where intense family drama threatens the existence of a budding romantic relationship, with all of the angst over its circumstances being soothed over by the power of love, if only for one night. Then, with I Love You; I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I got a story where the greatest dilemma that our couple has to face is what kind of ring they want for a proposal (not even a wedding!). And finally, with this fic Wind and Rain, I got a story where even in a massive rainstorm, the thing captured my attention the most is the adorable infant child that our couple is trying to protect from the rain! Taken all together, you could say that these stories represent a straight progression of love to marriage to children in a somewhat idealized way, but not without the occasional struggle as well.

Now, as far as this individual fic goes, I think that this the shortest fic I’ve read from you so far, but I’d also argue that it’s the most expedient in telling the story that it wants to tell. Although I was slightly surprised to see this one go by so quickly given the big character debut here (Wallace and Winona’s child!), once I actually processed everything, it didn’t really feel too short for what actually happened. Not necessarily in regards to the story’s very simple plot, mind, but more so in regards to its much more substantial and meaningful, yet also rather subtle character explorations, all within the framework of a single rainstorm and what briefly happens right before and right after.

In regards to the whole “fear of storms” thing, I’d certainly expect something like that from Wallace and Winona‘s infant daughter, who’s literally only months old and is probably just as sensitive to not being around her parents for more than a few moments, or to not getting her favorite food or toy when she asks for it, haha. But I can’t say that I would’ve expected that from Wallace, the resident Water-type master who has probably been in worse circumstances regarding water on at least one other occasion! Then again, if you consider the dynamic between him and Winona in previous episodes of this “trilogy”, he has always seemed to be the somewhat more neurotic one. Not to the point where Winona is completely fearless or level-headed in comparison to him, mind, in a black-and-white kind of difference; indeed, she shows a fear of her own as the scene transitions from outside into the hotel: fear of excessive attention as a result of her Gym Leader fame. The tables turn at that transition: “safety” for Wallace, and not quite as much anymore than Winona, so there’s kind of an “equal opportunity” for them displaying their perhaps somewhat phobia-like, yet also very human and relatable fears. And of course, one also has to wonder: how much of their fears are being amplified by the fact that they have a child to care of now? A child to protect from the “dangers” of the rain, and to protect or from and the “dangers” of curious outside eyes?

As far as technical things go, the only glaring thing that I found was this:

The went out in the morning: Winona got to see flying Starly, and she got to share that joy with Robin for the first time.
That should be: “they went out in the morning”. I’d imagine that’s just a random typo, as you’re usually amount 100 percent on stuff like that: the stuff that actually really counts as opposed to more subjective and arguable things like prose, story structure, and such. So don’t worry about this one too much!

So once again, another fic by you finished! I know that you’ve expressed concern about some of your other fics being too “fluffy”, but I actually think that this one is the fluffiest that I’ve read from you so far. And again, that’s not necessarily a bad thing, especially given that an adorable little child is part of the package now: itself perhaps the ultimate expression of love (aww!!!). I’ll be looking forward to your next!

I really loved this one. It was my favorite so far. Their love for Robin is just so sweet and kind. It is just how I imagine Wallace and Winona to be -- taking care of their little one.

This was such an adorable little story! I love that Wallace cares so much about Robin... and Robin is just so small... I'm so used to your depictions of her as a kid/teenager that I was sort of expecting that when I saw her name, but this was a really nice surprise! Seeing her as a little tyke :) This was really cute, you're very good at writing stories that center around families/babies/little kids!

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom