• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Wind & Rain [Episode 30 - "Team Patriot"] [11/1/15] (SEASON 3 FINALE!)

SuperTrainStationH

East Unova Resident
Reaction score
NOTE: (2/2017 - This fic is not being updated, though behind the scenes, I've written more than 40 unpublished episodes and heavily revamped many of the earlier episodes. I'll likely begin posting again with a new thread when it's 100% complete.)

TEEN: - Wind & Rain [Episode 30 - "Team Patriot"] [12/1/15]
bild_zpsc2548acf.png

NOTE: A full introduction to this series with maps and background info can be found beneath the episode listings in this post.

Jump straight to the latest Episode:
Episode 30 - Team Patriot (SEASON 3 FINALE!)

team_patriot_zps0rx43rol.png

• Cruise and his Pokémon leave Far Island via hot air balloon.
    • In the Munia Region, the Arverna City Cyclones defend a Pokémon Center that’s under attack by Team Patriot.
    • Cruise and his Pokémon encounter a Team Patriot base in the Atlantic Ocean.

THE EPISODES:

Due to the extensive formatting necessary, the episode scripts may appear to be longer than they really are, and possibly intimidating, but I actually wrote them to be as compact and digestible to read as possible.

Because this forum’s posting interface wasn't designed to support fully formatted screenplays, the episodes will be posted mainly as PDFs hosted here on the forum itself.

I’ve spent HOURS experimenting with other methods, but this is the only way I could find to post the episode scripts here without sacrificing their integrity.

Thanks for your understanding.

SEASON ONE

Episode 1 - Wind & Rain Begins

• Pokémon Airball superstar Cruise Elroy and his Flygon, Sophia, are attacked by a Pokemon poacher hired by Cruise’s arch-nemesis. Will their fellow Arverna Cyclones teammates ever see them again?

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 2 - Pokémon Warrior

• Three months after the attack by Hunter J, Cruise awakens on a mysterious island to find all his Pokémon missing, and himself severely injured. His new Pokémon, Edgar the Espeon, begins to help him recover.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 3 - Salutation

• After Cruise’s Pokémon (sans Sophia) are recovered, Edgar the Espeon struggles to adjust to his new family, still feeling loyalty toward his deceased original trainer.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 4 - Bonfire

• Cruise and his Pokémon enter Far Island's Pokémon Warrior Academy and begin training to rescue Sophia the Flygon from Hunter J.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 5 - To the Athlete Dying Young

• The missing Crusie Elroy is presumed dead back in his home region, and a televised public memorial is held, at which the Champion of the Pokémon League is scheduled to speak about an unfolding viral outbreak that’s killed hundreds of Pokémon.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 6 - The Cold

• Seth Bedgood, the man who hired Hunter J to kidnap Sophia the Flygon panics when Cruise’s teammates put out a public call for tips leading to Cruise and Sophia’s whereabouts, and hurries with his henchmen to Driftveil City Cold Storage, where Sophia is being held captive.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 7 - Smoke in the Night

• Sophia’s experience following the events of Episode 6.

Back on Far Island, Cruise and Edgar the Espeon experience an unexpected phenomenon.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 8 - Beautifly Effect

• The events which unfold at Cruise Elroy’s funeral influence Team Rocket’s plan to invade Unova. As a favor to Seth Bedgood, Giovanni sends three D Rank agents into Sinnoh to sabotage Team Galactic.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 9 - Bounce the Deerling Goes

• Back on Far Island, Cruise’s Deerling, Bounce, brings Stillwell the Wooper into the forest to go potty. Bad things happen.

Meanwhile, in Arverna City, Cruise’s teammates and the Champion of Munia discuss the implications of Grings Kodai’s attempt to sabotage Cruise’s public memorial.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 10 - Burning Freeway

• The following morning, Cruise’s other Pokémon search the forest for the missing Bounce and Stillwell, fearing the worst.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 11 - Deceit

• Continuing where Episode 9 left off, Bounce and Stillwell fight for their lives in the forest.

Back in East Unova, Champion Shania leaves the Arverna Cyclones behind and returns to Pokémon League headquarters, where she’s due to hold a press conference on the viral outbreak that’s been killing Pokémon in her region.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

Episode 12 - Shadows on the Wall of the Cave

• Bounce and Stillwell’s struggle for survival in the forest comes to an end.

Meanwhile, in Munia, Grings Kodai attends a secret meeting in the region’s capitol, Riverhead City, to plot against Champion Shania.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

SEASON TWO

Episode 13 - Sounding the False Alarm

• Cruise's newly evolved Pokémon, having survived their ordeal, are reunited in the forest in Far Island.
    • Champion Shania holds a televised press conference about the Pokémon-killing virus that is spreading throughout the Munia region.

Episode 14 - The Myth of Munia

• Champion Shania enlists her secretary to investigate the fire-alarm-pulling at the Pokémon League press conference.
    • On Far Island, Cruise's Pokémon share stories of the Munia's region's legendary Pokémon.

Episode 15 - Here's Merzie! - Part 1

• The action shifts to ten years ago, when Cruise, Shania, and Chase were children on their first Pokémon journey.
    • They meet a little tiny Dratini in the wild!

Episode 16 - Here's Merzie! - Part 2: Team Quasar Attacks!

• 10 years ago, the evil Team Quasar attempts to kidnap the Dragonair of Lake Mantioch!
    • Cruise, Cary, Chase, and their Pokémon come to the rescue!

Episode 17 - Kodai’s Secret Weapon

• Kodai’s evil plan enters its next phase, he reveals a secret weapon.
    • Champion Shania speaks to a disease expert about the Pokémon viral outbreak.

Episode 18 - March of the Titans

• Champion Shania discovers a plot sinister unfolding within the Pokémon League.
    • Shania prepares to address the public of the Munia Region on her revelation.

Episode 19 - Shania, Champion of Munia

• STAMP’s coup of the Munia Region’s Pokémon League begins.
    • Champion Shania and her Pokémon prepare to fight as hundreds of police surround their home.

Episode 20 - The Champion - Imprisoned

• Champion Shania surrenders to the police, who stage a mock-arrest to protect her from Shaw.
    • Police help Shania escape STAMP organization’s corrupt Titans group.
    • Champion Shania meets with the Elite Four to discuss plans for resisting STAMP’s coup of the Pokémon League.

Episode 21 - Pokémon League, Destroyed

• Shania resigns as Champion of the Munia League in hopes of protecting the Elite Four from STAMP.
    • Millions watch on TV as the Pokémon League is destroyed by Grings Kodai.
    • Chase of the Arverna Cyclones sets off into the Munia region to contact an old ally.

SEASON THREE

Episode 22 - Edgar's Evolution

• Sinnoh region Champion Cynthia publicly reacts to Champion Shania’s forced resignation in the Munia region.
    • On Far Island, Bounce the Sawsbuck suffers bad dreams after her recent adventure in the forest.
    • Cruise’s Pokémon discuss their experiences with evolution.

Episode 23 - "Merzie Loooves Sophie! - Part 1"

• The action shifts to nine years ago.
    • While traveling through a cave with their Trainers, Merzie the Dratini and Sophia the Vibrava discover their love for each other.

Episode 24 - "Merzie Loooves Sophie! - Part 2"

• Nine years ago, a wild Braviary attacks Merzie and Sophie.
    • Back in the present, we catch up with Cruise and Chase.

Episode 25 - The Two Meetings

• Chase and Dodge discuss plans to resist the coup taking place within the Munia Pokémon League.
    • In Riverhead City, the architects of the coup conspire to secure greater control over Munia.

Episode 26 - Departure from Core 2

• The STAMP organization unlocks a new source of energy.
    • STAMP prepares to steal Pokémon from Trainers across the Munia region.
    • In East Unova, the Arverna City Cyclones discuss whether or not they’ll continue playing Pokémon Airball in the wake of STAMP’s coup of Munia.

Episode 27 - Liberty Dies

• The Arverna Cyclones struggle to sleep as news of the unrest in Munia reaches East Unova.
    • STAMP and Grings Kodai destroy Munia’s capitol, turning Unova’s neighboring region into a dangerous dictatorship.
    • STAMP is dissolved and reorganized into an Evil Team that uses Pokémon to enact fascism.

Episode 28 - Eight Months Later

• Life for Pokémon and Trainers in the Munia region changes under the rule of its new Evil Team.
    • The Arverna Cyclones and their Pokémon commemorate the one year anniversary of the disappearance of Cruise Elroy and his Pokémon.
    • On Far Island, Cruise and his Pokémon graduate Warrior Training and prepare to return to Munia.

Episode Illustration:
1397860641_zpslwzfkcnx.png

The artwork of Merzie crying was done by Space Smilodon! Thanks dude! :D

Episode 29 - The Princess, Jade

• Cruise Elroy is initiated as a Pokémon Warrior
    • Cruise and his Pokémon meet the Princess of Far Island.
    • Edgar the Espeon visits the grave of his first Trainer.
    • Cruise and his Pokémon prepare to spend their final night on Far Island.

Episode 30 - Team Patriot (SEASON 3 FINALE!)

• Cruise and his Pokémon leave Far Island via hot air balloon.
    • In the Munia Region, the Arverna City Cyclones defend a Pokémon Center that’s under attack by Team Patriot.
    • Cruise and his Pokémon encounter a Team Patriot base in the Atlantic Ocean.

Introduction:

Wind & Rain is the story of Unova’s neighboring region, Munia, and the struggle of Munia’s people and Pokémon.

This conflict is told from the perspectives both of Trainers, and their Pokémon.

Wind & Rain ties in with the events of the “Pokémon Black & White” video games, and with the events of the anime and films, particularly “Zoroark: Master of Illusions”, though this story revolves around original characters, settings and plotlines, rather than Ash and his friends.

Those hungry for something other than a “trainer story” or “Pokémon journey fic” will hopefully find some enjoyment here.

Wind & Rain is a television series, divided into episodes, and possibly some day, entire seasons.

It is written in a modified screenplay format combined with prose.

I know that scripts and screenplays have an extremely bad reputation in the fanfiction arena due to lazy writers putting out “chatfics” and calling them scripts, but those sorts of fics generally have little to nothing to do with the practices and conventions of writing an ACTUAL script.

Hopefully I can create something that shows the virtues of the format when its used properly and when hard work is invested into it.

After years of various attempts at telling this story as prose, while taking television and film writing classes in college I discovered that this was the best possible way I can meet the unique demands of this story, which I’ve been dying for years to tell.

While Wind & Rain’s format is unusual, I hope readers are willing to give this a chance.

If you read this and like it, providing feedback is absolutely essential and appreciated.

If this gets a positive reaction, I will write additional seasons with the intent of eventually realizing the complete series, which should have between ten and twenty seasons of various length.

Thanks for checking this out.

I hope you enjoy it.

Ratings Info:
I’m rating Wind & Rain “TEEN” for use of language, and rare use of explicit language which may boarder on “MATURE” at times. I intend to avoid excessive swearing, but I won’t doll up the language when things get especially intense.

This story will contain no sex scenes, explicit or otherwise.

There will be violence, but it will not be gratuitous. “Real injuries” such as fractures may occur, but don’t expect beheadings or impalements or anything like that, even if the villains deserve it.

Setting Primer:
Unova appears as it does in the games and anime. As in canon, it is based upon New York City and New Jersey.

2. Munia is a large region which stretches east of Unova . It is based upon the real-life region of Long Island, New York.

3. Unova and Munia share their local Pokédex. The 156 Pokémon species native to Unova are also considered native to Munia. Pokémon species from other regions have lived in Munia for centuries as well. These “outlanders” actually outnumber Munia's “native” Pokémon.

4. The District of East Unova is a small, independent territory east of Undella Bay. It is based upon the real-life areas of Rockaway and Broad Channel, in New York City.

5. Wind & Rain does not concern Ash or his friends, but takes place congruently with events seen in the show and films. It begins three months prior to Ash’s arrival in the Sinnoh region.
(If you’d like specifics it begins the same time as the Kanto Battle Frontier arc of Advanced Generations, which I perceive as taking place over the course of three months)

Maps:
Maps will be updated as the series progresses. There are many towns and landmarks aside from those featured on the map of Munia. The map of East Unova however, is essentially complete.
Photos of the real life regions are included for comparison.

New York City:
Rockawaymap_zps1273e427.png

Unova and East Unova:
eastunovacloseupmap_zps4893881e.png

Long Island, NY:
Screenshot2012-07-07at93252AM.png

Munia region:
muniafirstmap_zpsfc0f7065.png

How to Read It:

The format of Wind & Rain very self explanatory, but since this may be some reader's first exposure to anything resembling a professionally written screenplay, I created a simple little "tutorial" type thing to explain what everything in the episode scripts mean. This isn’t at all essential to read or understand this fic, but if someone needs it, hopefully it helps.

View attachment tutorial.pdf

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 1: Wind & Rain Begins]

Episode 1 - Wind & Rain Begins

• The story begins.
  • Hunter J attacks.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 1 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_rain_Episode_1.pdf

WEBPAGE EPISODE LINK:
Wind & Rain Episode 1

OPENING PREVIEW:
(this is not the full episode, its just to give an idea of what the episodes scripts will look like)
bingoman-0_zps6bb372a8.png

bingoman-1_zps61048bf5.png

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
WARNING: my commentary will spoil the episode if you haven't read it yet!
So the story begins!
Yeah don’t you hate Hunter J? Believe it or not I’ve had people mistake J for an OC of mine! Nope she’s actually from the Sinnoh arc of the Pokémon anime, and she really does act like that! She even tries to outright kill Ash several times! She’s a bad mother shut-yo-mouth.

Well, thanks for giving this story a chance! I hope you read and comment to the episodes to follow!

Last edited:
Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 1: Wind & Rain Begins]

Well, I've never read something like this before, so it's a definitely a new and interesting experience for me. That being said, I can't comment much on the style or format (or whatever you call it XD) of this story/series since I really don't know very much about scriptwriting for TV/Films. Still, I do think that you've done a great job with the first episode, at least plot-wise. You've definitely piqued my interest for your work and I do feel the urge to follow this story despite the fact that it's not exactly prose which I'm more inclined to read. But hey, new things aren't always bad, right? :3

I really like how well thought out this all seems to be; even your introductory post has a sense of (I dunno what to call it) formality or preciseness to it that just gives off the impression that you really did put a lot of thought, time, and effort/hard work into this series, which is really good - I personally think readers would be more inclined to like a story (or at least stick around for a while) if they think that the writer has at least given it some thought and has been working on it to the best of their abilities and not just thrown it out there or something. XD

I'm interested to see what features/landmarks/stuff like that Munia has and what makes it different from the other canon regions in the Pokemon world. I like how this story is set in a new location but still has some relation to the other (canon) parts of the Pokemon world, which I think gives it a more realistic feel, especially since this is written as a TV series, so it ties in very well if it is to be taken as an actual anime series. I also like how you've introduced us to the villains/antagonists straight away and how you've introduced something new and unique to this world - Pokemon Skyball. I think it's very rare that we get to see new additions to the Pokemon universe in fics that are supposedly set in a somewhat canon version of the world, so it's nice to see something new and possibly very engaging (I love sports, okay? XD). Furthermore, it's nice just cos it seems like there's something else we'll be following, not just a reular ol' gym or contest challenge or whatever else.

This Hunter J character has grabbed my interest as well and I'm very much intrigued about her backstory and stuff of that sort. I like how you've given her a strong, commanding (and perhaps intimidating/taunting, as well) aura about her and also a selfish kind of personality - someone who's only concerned about personal gain, self-preservation. I also like how they all call her, "Sir!" which again emphasizes her authority over them and her, I guess you could say, reputation or well-respected figure. Seth Bedgood, I can see turning into a very dark character already, though as for Cruise, I think that he is sortof lacking in some aspect? I dunno, it's probably just me, but I don't feel that we're given that much insight into his character just yet... That's just fine, though, since it's only the first chapter, but I just thought that he seemed inferior to Hunter J in terms of characterization...

"Now get MacHeath out to sea before they're witnesses."
--I think you mean, "there're" as a contraction of "there are"?
"...to produce world class offspring so his Airball team can win matches."
--Earlier, when the Narrator was narrating, he called the sport, "Pokemon Skyball" which I presume to be one and the same with this "Airball" thing Hunter J is talking 'bout here...
I think you also missed a comma or two somewhere (one before a "sir" can't exactly remember where so it isn't really a big deal).

But anyways, I still really enjoyed reading through this first episode. You gave us a lot of material to work with and the imagery was (surprisingly) rather vivid (I could see them as though I was watching the episode on television, and the battle scene was described brilliantly as well), especially considering it was written in this kind of style/format. Keep up the great work, keep writing, and best of luck for future episodes! :)

Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 1: Wind & Rain Begins]

MuddyMudkip, Thanks for giving my fic a chance and for leaving such a detailed reply on the first episode.

I'm glad you appreciated everything I've invested in it even given how little content there is at this point. I hope if you come back for future episodes you enjoy those as well.

This format is actually extremely reliant on description when done properly. It hopefully SHOULD feel like watching a TV show and I'm glad it had that impact on you even though you aren't accustomed to reading scripts.

That's part of the reason why it irks me when some writers crank out "chatfics" with virtually no description or content, call it a "script", and leave others with the impression that scriptwriting is about writing as lazily as possible.

Thanks for the glowing impression of Hunter J, but I have to inform you, she's not my character!

pokemon_hunter_j_by_sammyw28-d4y3b0e.jpg

She's a secondary villain from the Diamond and Pearl series of the anime, and her appearance in Episode 1 and her mention of heading to Sinnoh is a reference to her actual appearance in the show, which occurs several months after the day this chapter is set.

She's probably one of the better villains to appear in the series and she actually directly tries to kill Ash several times.

If you liked her appearance in my fic, you should probably check out the six episodes of the anime she appeared in. Try to avoid spoilers though as her arc has a rather unexpected ending.

Thanks for catching that obsolete reference to "Skyball", that's an early name I had for the sport and it still popped up here and there in the script. I totally managed to overlook it. Thanks to you I can be sure to make sure it doesn't happen in future episodes and I edited it out of the copy posted here.

However, I'm not aware of the use of "there're" in common written American English, and this isn't something I'm new at.

Thanks for the enormously warm and detailed review! Sorry I took so long to get back to you!

Wind & Rain [Episode 2: Pokémon Warrior]

• A warrior awakens.
  • The true villains emerge.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 2 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_2(version2).pdf

WEBPAGE EPISODE LINK:
(not recommended)
Wind & Rain Episode 2

OPENING PREVIEW:
(this is not the full episode, its only pages one and two)

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_2-page-0_zps8948fe0c.jpg

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_2-page-1_zps61d15e7d.jpg

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
COMMENTARY:
Here we meet Edgar. Edgar is one of my absolute favorite characters in this. I imagined him as kind of an old soul in a young body, not that that’s necessarily literally true of Edgar, I just thought he’d be kind of mature and experienced beyond his years.

Also here’s our first real glimpse of the world beyond Far Island, where Cruise and his Pokémon are now believed dead, and we have some shady characters making moves in the wake of his disappearance.

If you didn’t know, Grings Kodai is the villain from the 13th Pokémon movie. The events of Wind and Rain begin about a year and a half before that movie takes place. You’ll be seeing a lot of Kodai here as a major villain. I love him as a bad guy.

And we finally end off with some good news for Cruise, as he gets his Pokémon back.

Also, no spoilers, but careful readers should take note of that Dragonair with the broken horn that brings Cruise his Pokéballs back. ;)

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 3: Salutation]

Episode 3 - Salutation

• A family is reunited.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 3 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_3(version2).pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_3-0_zps0cba2291.png

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_3-1_zps6617c913.png

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
Yay, Cruise and his Pokémon (sans poor Sophie :<) are together again!

At this point all of the Pokémon in Cruise’s possession are based on Pokémon I’ve raised myself. In fact they’re all from my Soul Silver team, save for Bounce the Deerling, who is from my first playthrough of Black.

I gender swapped Freeway though, she’s a dude in the games.

This story’s going to be as much about the Pokémon as Cruise himself, so I hope I gave them all varied personalities and they come off as really endearing and lively!

See ya next episode, and thanks for reading!

Attachments

• Wind_and_Rain_Episode_3.pdf
    51 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 3: Salutation]

Quick Review for Episode 2:
As with the first one, I really enjoyed reading through this and letting the words paint brilliant, vivid images in my head. Just like the first one, I could really imagine everything clearly, and the pacing was very nice, keeping me on edge at the right times. The dramatic touches here and there worked very well as well; it wasn't over the top, so good job on that, too! :)
We get introduced to a lot of new characters here and I like how there's still some amount of uniqueness/distinct characterization between them. Furthermore, I'm also very curious about the backstories of Edgar and Alexander's little girl - can't wait to know more about them; it does seem like they might contribute a fair bit to the plot here and there. And the bad guys, hmm, interesting, to say the least; can't really comment on them that much since it all still seems to be shrouded in a cloud of mystery, but I'm sure we'll get to see more of that eventually. And this Kodai guy, hmm, very intriguing...

A few things:
"At least it was till Pokémon Boccer came around, but that's not a real sport anyway, and -"
--Boccer?
"So you suspect fowl play?"
--I think you mean, "foul" ^_^
"We can could keep him in bed another few months, keep giving him medicine."
--can or could? xD

I really liked Clarene's final words, too; dramatic (but not overly-so) and adds a nice touch that we often see in TV/Films, and they're really just some deep and meaningful words in general, so it really adds a great layer of depth, emotion and sincerity to the scenes taking place and sets everything in motion for the next episode - it leaves the reader (or if this was an actual TV series, the viewer xD) hanging and eager for the next installment. Great job again! :)

And Episode 3:
Short (well, maybe not THAT short, but it still felt a bit shorter than the previous two, since it was mostly dialogue, but that's fine xD) and sweet! :3 As always, you seem to have a way with characterizing all these characters, and I especially like theor somewhat contrasting personalities. I like how Lakehurst is like the oldest and wisest/most sensible of the bunch, who calms everyone else down and talks some sense to them as serenely as possible, and that Freeway's really energetic and headstrong... I also loves the dialogue between Lakehurst and Edgar; it was a rather emotional/dramatic part, but just like in episode 2, it wasn't overdone/exaggerated, so it was very nicely done in my opinion. :)

The only error I saw in this part was in here, "STILLWELL jumps up and down upon bounce, shouting excitedly." "bounce" should be all caps, as in "BOUNCE", if I'm not mistaken...? ^_^;;

Other than that, I don't have much else to say, except keep up the good work! ^_^ I'll be looking forward to more. :)

Last edited:
Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 3: Salutation]

Thanks for your feedback on Episodes 2 and 3.

I’m glad you enjoyed them and that the words were able to paint “brilliant vivid images” in your head.

I know this is a “format” in which people have generally come to expect minimal to no description when it comes to fanfiction, and even aside from that, it can be a tad of a challenge to jump in and read if you’ve only read prose in the past, so thanks for giving it a chance and I’m glad it “worked” for you.

They’ll be a lot of good villain action in the near future, and I hope once the mystery begins to play out you’ll find them even more interesting.

I’m also glad you seemed to have enjoyed all of Cruise’s Pokémon who I’ve introduced so far.

You’ll be hearing more from all of these characters. I tried very hard to be sure everything that’s in the story is important, so if you chose to stick around for future episodes I hope you enjoy them.

Thanks for reading and writing back!

ERROR STUFF:

Pokémon Boccer is a thing. You'll hear a little more a bout it later.

That aside, I don't think that Chase suspects that Cruise has been pecked to death by chickens, and I sure did let the "jump" and "BOUNCE" things throw me to a loop.

That being, fixed these mistakes and updated the PDF files. Thanks for noticing those mistakes. Gonna try to be more attentive with future proofreading efforts, but as often is the case, my brain "autocorrects" my own mistakes often.

Wind & Rain [Episode 4: Bonfire]

Episode 4 - Bonfire

• A warrior's training beings.
  • Unseen eyes bear witness to battle.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 4 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_4.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_4-page-0_zps17395164.jpg

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_4-page-1_zps87e01b87.jpg

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
Cruise starts training to become a Pokémon Warrior, and we get our first real Pokémon Battle of the series here to boot!
And then we get the really solemn scene at the end.

Poor Sophie, where is she? :(

Also, note basically everything from here to Episode 13 takes place on the same night! :eek:

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 5: To the Athlete Dying Young]

Episode 5 - To the Athlete Dying Young

• Kodai strikes at Cruise's funeral.
  • A Champion throws down the gauntlet.
  • The world watches.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 5 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_5.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_5-page-0_zpse8649d91.jpg

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_5-page-1_zps4d6fbe86.jpg

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
For the first time the action leaves Far Island entirely and we follow Cruise’s friends and teammates as they hold a memorial at him at the Stadium in Arverna City.

A lot going on here, it was REALLY fun to write, with the two creeps in the bar watching the funeral on TV, and the power struggle between the Champion of Munia and Grings Kodai, and then the Mayor gets involved.

So much conflict going on, but it was really great having a canon character like Grings Kodai to tie it all to in a plausible way that doesn’t conflict with his appearance in the Pokémon Anime universe.

Last edited:
[Episode 6: The Cold]

Episode 6 - The Cold

• The innocent will suffer.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 6 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_6.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:
mag-0_zpsf966f95e.png
mag-1_zps2926b4ba.png

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
Yeah, so here we finally get to meet Seth Bedgood, who was mentioned briefly back in Episode 1.

He’s a living obscenity and impossibly to like even slightly. I have to say, Gina was probably the only thing that made this episode even slightly enjoyable to write.

Poor Sophia. :(

It was really horrible writing all that happens to her here. I can’t even imagine what this would actually be like to go through. She so didn’t deserve this, and neither did Seviper.

So cruel. :mad:

Also, in the scene with Hunter J where the guy hires her to steal a Guardivoir, that actually happens later in the anime, in the first episode J appears in she steals a COTD’s guardivoir and Ash helps rescue her!

But yeah, poor Sophie.

Last edited:
Re: Wind & Rain [Episode 6: Cold Storage]

That ending to episode 6 is a real tearjerker. Especially with everything Bedgood did there. Although his interaction with Gina was funny, and I want to know, is she naturally blonde? I mean, taking as long as she did to realize that he called her Jessica instead of Gina (although I must admit, I thought that was a typo when I first saw it, so it was that much funnier when she pulled that one out)? She's just go to be.

That ending to episode 6 is a real tearjerker. Especially with everything Bedgood did there. Although his interaction with Gina was funny, and I want to know, is she naturally blonde? I mean, taking as long as she did to realize that he called her Jessica instead of Gina (although I must admit, I thought that was a typo when I first saw it, so it was that much funnier when she pulled that one out)? She's just go to be.

Thanks for reading!

As for Gina's hair color, I honestly didn't give it any thought. I'll leave that to the reader's imagination. :p

And Gina was very fun to write in what was a rather unfun episode in general!

Thanks for dropping by, hope you show up for more later on!

Episode 7 - Smoke in the Night

• Smoke will vanish in the night.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 7 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment 89689

FULL EPISODE IN IMAGE FORMAT:
(due to this episode being unusually short, it will be posted in its entirety as image files)

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_7-0_zpsa1a4eab4.png

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_7-1_zpsa6b4e961.png

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_7-2_zps6fc5ddce.png

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_7-3_zpsee4ca23a.png

Wind_and_Rain_Episode_7-4_zpsb673ee84.png

Wind & Rain [Episode 8: Beautifly Effect]

Episode 8 - Beautifly Effect

• Rockets hone in on Unova
  • Dragons dance in the seafoam

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 8 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_8.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:
episode8preview-0_zpsc154ab4b.png
episode8preview-1_zps0f1b0b61.png

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
This is the last time we see Seviper biting Sophie’s neck in this series I swear, that scene just happened to be a good framing mechanism.

Yeah, so even this universe is based largely on the anime, I worked in the Team Rocket Execs from Heart Gold and Soul Silver into this. I imagined they were always there in the anime universe, just never featured on screen.

This episode takes place during the exact same time as Episode 2 of the Pokémon Diamond and Pearl anime, and shows how the TRio came up with their Sinnoh era motto.

It was fun writing this because basically I get to tie in the events of Wind and Rain not only to Jessie and James’s activities against Hunter J and Team Galactic in the Sinnoh era of the anime, but into Team Rocket’s invasion of Unova in the later Unova era of the anime.

It was really weird writing for Jessie, James and Meowth here at the end, but they were a really welcome comic relief from all the murder and torture going on here.

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 9: Bounce the Deerling Goes]

Episode 9 - Bounce the Deerling Goes

• A journey into the woods.
  • Screams pierce the night.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 9 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode_9.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:
Wind_and_Rain_Episode_9-0_zps7291f3b5.png
Wind_and_Rain_Episode_9-1_zps77a1f771.png

EPISODE COMMENTARY:
So we get to see a bit of Cruise’s Pokémon just being themselves here.

As you see, Bounce is kind of Stillwell’s big sister. I love these two so much.

But they kind of get in over their heads a bit this time.

I hope Houndoom wasn’t excessively creepy, I was worried it might come off the wrong way, but I think it worked well enough.

We also get a cutaway here to Shania/Cary and the Arverna Cyclones at the Pokémon Castle garden after the memorial ended.
Well, Bounce sure is in a lot of trouble isn’t she? :eek:

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 10: Burning Freeway]

Episode 10 - Burning Freeway

• A search for family.
  • A volcano erupts.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 10 PDF:
(recommended method)
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode10.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:
Wind_and_Rain_Episode10-0_zps715b1f86.png
Wind_and_Rain_Episode_9-1_zps77a1f771.png

This was fun to write, for the first time we got a lot of Cruise’s Pokémon aside from Bounce and Stillwell adventuring around and being themselves.

Yep so Freeway went and evolved. Its fun writing evolution scenes seeing how I like transformation as a theme/motif, though she kinda has a bad time with it unfortunately.

And yeah that’s one suspenseful ending, ain’t it? :p

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 11: Deceit]

Episode 11 - Deceit

• Stormclouds gather in East Unova
  • A fateful betrayal.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 11 PDF:
View attachment Wind_and_Rain_Episode11(rev).pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:
Wind_and_Rain_Episode11PREVIEW-0_zps5c4bb86c.png
Wind_and_Rain_Episode11PREVIEW-1_zpsa6700360.png

The action “rewinds” here back to the end of Episode 9 so we can catch up with what happened to Bounce and Stillwell.
Did any of you actually think I was gonna kill off Bounce back at the end of Episode 9? If so then I did a pretty good job building the suspense.

And yay I got to write another evolution scene! Go Bounce the Sawsbuck!

Also, since we’re back to “last night” we see how the conversation unfolded back in the Castle Garden with Cary/Shania and the Arverna Cyclones after Kodai’s seaplane flew by.

I hope this talk about the politics of the Munia Legislature and the Pokémon League isn’t too complicated or boring, but it was fun painting Kodai and his company as a Fox News style organization, which actually isn’t all that original considering the 13th Pokémon movie INTENDED for Kodai to be a Rupert Murdoch stand-in.

And uh-oh, Bounce and Stillwell have run across that Chespin who we already know from Episode 11 is a little furry scumbag, this can’t be good. :eek:

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Episode 12: Shadows on the Wall of the Cave] [SEASON 1 FINALE!]

Episode 12 - Shadows on the Wall of the Cave (Season 1 finale!)

• Bounce and Stillwell fight for their lives.
  • Grings Kodai’s Shadows Flicker.

ARE YOU PREPARED?

BMGf HOSTED EPISODE 12 PDF:
View attachment wind_and_rain_episode_12.pdf

OPENING PREVIEW:
WindandRain12preview-0_zpse74608ce.png
WindandRain12preview-1_zps467fd4a1.png

Well, here’s the first season finale and the end of the “Bounce and Stilwell get Lost in the Forest” arc all in one episode.

And Stillwell evolved! Now Blackpool the Flaaffy is the only one of Cruise’s Pokémon who isn’t fully evolved.

Breaking away from the drama on Far Island, we get our first glimpse of Riverhead City, which is the capitol of the Munia Region and the home of its Pokémon League HQ. It’s based on the town of Riverhead on Long Island, and “riverhead city” just happens to have a very authentic Pokémon-Worldy feel to it.

We see the public continues to idolize the presumed dead Cruise Elroy and his missing Pokémon.

Yeah, awful suspicious that Kodai would stop by a shrine for Cruise and do what he did, isn’t it?

And finally we get to see who those two guys in the bar back in Episode 5 are, and who they’re working for, which is basically a Political Action Committee/Lobbying Group on steroids called STAMP.

It was really fun scripting out the propaganda video Felix and the other STAMP members review, in spite of how evil it was.

But yeah, definitely a lot going on with all these bad guys in their meeting, and they’re definitely not afraid to edit Shania’s words to make her look bad to the public.

So with Cruise’s Pokémon having survived their ordeal safe and sound, and all fully evolved save for Blackpool the Flaaffy, and with some sort of vicious activity being aimed at Champion Shania over in Munia, things should be moving at a much faster pace in Season 2!

Last edited:
Wind & Rain [Season 2 coming January 1, 2014!!!]

Wind & Rain - Complete Season 1 Zip Folder

• PDFs All 12 Episodes of Wind & Rain's first season (plus the maps) in a single Zip File

ARE YOU PREPARED FOR SEASON 2?

GOOGLE HOSTED ZIP FILE OF WIND & RAIN'S FIRST SEASON: (as BMGF's forum based file upload system is presently not working properly)
WIND_AND_RAIN_SEASON_1.ZIP

NEWS UPDATE:

Hey readers and potential readers!

I'm on winter break at college and have a chance to start working on Wind & Rain again!

The first episode of Season 2 will be posted on January 1, 2014, with new episodes being posted bi-weekly after that, each Friday or Saturday.

Season 2 will likely be much longer than Season 1, and I hope anyone who took a look at any of the episodes of the first season will come back to see how the story progresses.

Newcomers who happen to be interested should probably download the zip file containing the first 12 episodes, and read the introductory post and brief setting primer in this thread's TOPIC POST.

As an added treat, here is an illustration of Cruise's Flygon, Sophie, and Champion Shania's Dragonair, Merzie, back before they evolved!

1386092555keetahspacecat_pokes_zps8aaf3a91.png

This art of Merzie and Sophie was created for me by my friend Keetah over at DeviantART!

At some point during Season 2, I'd like to explore Cruise and Shania's history as younger Pokémon Trainers (around age 10 like the Pokémon Trainers in the anime) and tell the story of how Merzie and Sophia first met each other.

Hopefully I'll be able to have some more illustrations like these to go with some of the episode scripts, but for now I think just knowing that I can work on this project again is more than enough to get me excited, because I REALLY can't wait to share this story with all of you!

Thanks for reading! I'll be back January 1st!

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom