• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once again

Arceus will be available to be befriended in the Pokémon Dream World in February 2012.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

At least it wasn't Mudkip.

Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

UGH...I'm mad at this.

Ditto couldn't win? It had to be Arceus didn't it? I am dissapoint Pokemon fans.

Where Haz My Dittos :(

I'm personally very happy that Arceus won. I'm glad Ditto lost, and Mudkip too. They deserved to be disqualified. At least we can get Arceus without hacking now!

And tell me, when do you think the next time we'll get an event for Arceus.
At least once a generation, and given its not this generation's focus, probably through a few spin-offs like Ranger as well. I don't know where this delusion that event legendaries will never be released comes from.

If I was getting an Arceus, I'd much prefer it be in Gen IV where it can activate events.

This was a way to get a DW Pokemon with a hidden ability that was not yet released. The vote was wasted...

...but at least it wasn't Mudkip.

@Octy

What makes you think Arceus voters didn't abuse the glitch either? Given that it managed to stay first in spite of the glitching of two other Pokemon, its very obvious how it won as well.

At least once a generation, and given its not this generation's focus, probably through a few spin-offs like Ranger as well. I don't know where this delusion that event legendaries will never be released comes from.

If I was getting an Arceus, I'd much prefer it be in Gen IV where it can activate events.

This was a way to get a DW Pokemon with a hidden ability that was not yet released. The vote was wasted...

...but at least it wasn't Mudkip.

@Octy

What makes you think Arceus voters didn't abuse the glitch either? Given that it managed to stay first in spite of the glitching of two other Pokemon, its very obvious how it won as well.

If that was the case, then wouldn't Arceus be disqualified as well??

If that was the case, then wouldn't Arceus be disqualified as well??
Exactly, so where's the evidence anything was disqualified? All I see are fans making claims to explain why Arceus won.

Though the lack of releasing who was on top is a bit weird, but then, they could easily fabricate the list if they were disqualifying Pokemon.

I honestly didn't care either way. But hey, free Arceus! I'm not complaining.

Last edited:

Weeeeeaaaak.

Personally, I wanted Mew. Because you can never have enough Mew.

Yay! I can finally add this dude to my Pokedex! Too bad he's level 100 though. I would have liked to raise him a bit.

Yeah, Arceus! Let those Smogon people cry that they didn't get their Imposter Ditto.

Kinda wished Deoxys won though.

And just like that, a little child's dreams of finally getting his beloved Roserade in a DW competition vanished.

Honestly though, it truly would not have impacted me, seeing as I'm still trying to find where my copy of white... disappeared. And what glitch are you talking about?

The poll was rigged.

Think about it. If there had been a voting script for Arceus, someone would have heard about it at some point. This clearly was not the case. And without a voting script, there is no way in hell that Arceus got more than 24 million votes. I say 24 million because that is the number of votes Ditto got through the voting script, at the very least. Very likely, the actual number is much higher. And the voting script wasn't a dud, either. It was modified from the exact same script that got Mudkip into the top three in the first place, so that wasn't the problem. The only other possibility is that the poll was fixed so that Arceus was superglued into first place.

The poll was rigged.

Think about it. If there had been a voting script for Arceus, someone would have heard about it at some point. This clearly was not the case. And without a voting script, there is no way in hell that Arceus got more than 24 million votes. I say 24 million because that is the number of votes Ditto got through the voting script, at the very least. Very likely, the actual number is much higher. And the voting script wasn't a dud, either. It was modified from the exact same script that got Mudkip into the top three in the first place, so that wasn't the problem. The only other possibility is that the poll was fixed so that Arceus was superglued into first place.

Yeah. The cookies glitch caused many people to vote for Ditto, Arceus, and Mudkip. BUT, a voting script that someone designed made them first. When the cookies glitch was designed, that happened. So the poll was rigged. Was this the case with the Japanese and Korean polls? I don't think so.

deoxys or ditto would've been very nice to have too. maybe next time.
can't wait to use arceus

The poll was rigged.

Or maybe they noticed Mudkip and Ditto were getting a shitload more votes than would be humanely possible, and quietly knocked them off the poll?

Kinda disappointed, but I guess it's better than Mudkip. Ditto still has the chance of being in another Dream World event or even in another area that hasn't been released yet.

I want a Deoxys though. T_T

Anything but a no-ability legendary, dammit.

With the knowledge of the script runners and the three poll choices, I really wish Ditto had managed to win. Mudkip's hidden ability is poor and Arceus is bragging rights and dex entry fodder, basically a trophy since it can't be used competitively. Oh well, whatever. It's boxed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom