• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

BTW, I have a couple of questions: one, for anyone, I have both black and white. Can you get an Arceus for each one?
And two, what are trade forums and where can I find them? Because if I can find the Pokemon missing from my Pokedex, I will gladly vote for Ditto or something else with a good ability next time.
You can have both Black and White synced to one Global Link account but I'm not sure if that means you can have 2 of each event Global Link Pokémon. The answer to the second question is the Bulbagarden trade forums can be found in the Bulbagarden Trade Center hyperlinked in this post.

Re: Winner of 'Vote to Befriend a Pokémon' poll announced: Arceus wins poll once agai

You can have both Black and White synced to one Global Link account but I don't know the answer to the fist question. The answer to the second question is the Bulbagarden trade forums can be found in the Bulbagarden Trade Center hyperlinked in this post.

Thanks.

If I do try it out, I have one more question: what are the downsides of having a hacked Pokemon?

They'll ban you from tournaments, and you'll always have that sense of shame... but that's it. They only mess up your game if they're really screwed up themselves by the hacking.

EDIT: And they are barred from Random Matchup and the GTS if hacked badly enough.

Okay. Thanks. Hmmm..... I've never hacked, and I'm not sure I want to risk getting a hacked Pokemon.... I have gotten Pokemon with glitches before (Darkrai, Shaymin) but that's a different story. If I do try it out, I have one more question: what are the downsides of having a hacked Pokemon?

Well, it might broke or crash your game, another thing is that it won't be too exciting and fulfilling if you received a hacked Pokemon, seeing that they only obtained it by using an external devices instead of going to the actual event. Although on trades, cloning is considered legit since you will only copy the data of the Pokemon and none of its data, even the hexas of the hexadecimal datas, will be altered, be it using a cloning glitch or using external devices, such as Action Replay, Gameshark, etc. So expect to receive clones if trading.

Anyway, back on topic now.

ugh. disappointed. :mad: I have like 4 arceus. I really wanted a deoxys, mew or at least a shaymin since i found out the one i had was a hacked. I'd even take having a ditto over another arceus distribution. Booooo!:mallet:

Oh, fuck off. Not everyone plays competitively, and not everyone has a legitimate Arceus,

And now, thanks to people like you, NO ONE will have a legitimate DW Ditto :mad:

and not EVERYONE wants to risk trading for a cloned piece of shit.

Well then that's your fault, isn't it.

Ditto still has the chance to be released in the Dream World. Arceus does not. And tell me, when do you think the next time we'll get an event for Arceus.

Oh my God.

Arceus is a legendary, and a REALLY popular one at that, of course its going to be released again. Ditto, on the other hand, does not have the benefit of being a legendary. It gets next to no attention and as such it is highly unlikely that they are going to be distributing it over DW any time soon (if ever) given the other 400+ choices they have. But no, lets vote for the pokémon that's already been released a lot, will definitely be releaed again and will be no different being released this time around than if one had waited until its next release.

Last edited:

They'll ban you from tournaments, and you'll always have that sense of shame... but that's it. They only mess up your game if they're really screwed up themselves by the hacking.

EDIT: And they are barred from Random Matchup and the GTS if hacked badly enough.

Okay, thanks. I never have played in a tournament, so I guess it wouldn't be a problem. I'm just trying to get my Pokedex completed. But, just a quick scenario: If I did try to play in a tournament, and just had a hacked Pokemon in my PC box, but not entered, would I still be banned?

Well, it might broke or crash your game, another thing is that it won't be too exciting and fulfilling if you received a hacked Pokemon, seeing that they only obtained it by using an external devices instead of going to the actual event. Although on trades, cloning is considered legit since you will only copy the data of the Pokemon and none of its data, even the hexas of the hexadecimal datas, will be altered, be it using a cloning glitch or using external devices, such as Action Replay, Gameshark, etc. So expect to receive clones if trading.

Ouch! Hmmm..... I would like to complete my Pokedex on Black, but I'd hate to have it crash on me! I might try it on White (since I just started a new game on there). Thanks for the info!

Well actually, it's now possible to EV train Arceus on Generation V, with the help of EV wings. :)
That is awful. No way I'm wasting time on that.

Instead, I'm going to pretend there's a stable time loop where the Giratina that was formed in Sinjoh Ruins dreams up the Arceus that makes it.
and you can just anyways just get a Ditto from the other games if you just look hard enough.
Missed the point of wanting this specific Ditto?
Don't assume that it's only just little kids wanting Arceus. Imposter Ditto would also be available on a trade forum.
In what world is Imposter Ditto legitimately available? Kind of hypocritical to go around saying you want a legit Arceus then telling the Ditto supporters to settle for some hack.

Last edited:

Instead, I'm going to pretend there's a stable time loop where the Giratina that was formed in Sinjoh Ruins dreams up the Arceus that makes it.

That user was right but also wrong. Level 100s can get EVs in Generation V so you can EV train a level 100 Arceus just as easily as a regular Pokemon.

BTW, I have a couple of questions: one, for anyone, I have both black and white. Can you get an Arceus for each one?
And two, what are trade forums and where can I find them? Because if I can find the Pokemon missing from my Pokedex, I will gladly vote for Ditto or something else with a good ability next time.
You can only get one Arceus for your Account I think we all know you can have both Cartridges registered tho

You can only get one Arceus for your Account I think we all know you can have both Cartridges registered tho

Okay, Thanks.

Alright, I don't want to flame anymore, but I AM going to point out an error I see in this thread all the time.

Half of the people complaining about Arceus say it's useless competitively since it's already level 100. First, this doesn't matter to everybody (I personally only play competitive battles on simulators like PO), and second, it's not actually useless.

Granted, that's for DP, but if Arceus can change the Ubers metagame with just 100 EVs in each stat in that generation it can have a similar impact on this one. Personally, though, I'm looking forward to giving some of my extra ones to friends - something that's always an option for those who have "too many" Arceus.

Hopefully that wasn't as bad as my last post.
Arceus most certainly isn't a bad Pokemon competitively; it's one of the best, for sure. But the fact that most people would rather not use Ubers, or legendaries at all, and the fact that you can't use him in the Battle Subway or in the VGC's, makes Arceus more of a box-sitter.

In Gen5, you can EV train LV100 Pokemon because EVs are calculated at the end of every battle, not at each level up. So you can EV train a LV100 normally.

I'm fed up of people bitching about Arceus winning. ... Now I can have my own Arceus, meaning I dictate its nature, nickname, plus I know for a fact that it's legitimate. ... Imposter Ditto would also be available on a trade forum.
I'm sure others have pointed out your major contradiction here, but if anyone is offering Imposter Ditto on a trade forum, it would be hacked. :\

I remember that on this very forum, someone was kind enough to GIVE AWAY legit Eigakan Arceus...that's how I got mine, too. And it's easy to check if a Pokemon is hacked or not, especially with the "scans" the GTS and wifi Battles do before starting. So all I want to say to the people who are bashing those who are upset with the result of this poll is this:
It's actually not that difficult, if you try, to get a legit Arceus, even if you missed out on the events, and the fact that it's a Mythical Pokemon means that it would be released in the future through other events. There is no way to guarantee that Imposter Ditto would be released in the future, and it's, at the moment, impossible to get legit, so STOP BASHING THE COMPETITIVE PLAYERS./capsrage

To all you ditto fan boyz who wanted some horrible common pokemon to win such a great event.. HAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!The KIDS WHOM THE GAME WAS MADE FOR ANYWAY got there way!!! Not you cry baby no life tournament players!!!! And for all you lil trolls out there.. HOW DO YOU “LIEK” THAT!!!!!! GO ARCEUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sweatlol::banana::bounce::mallet::thumbup::goof:

.....You can't believe how mad I am you for this. Imposter Ditto is untradeable or unobtainable, and while Arceus can be gotten through events, you can trade it and obtain it somehow. Not Imposter Ditto. Some or smogoners or trophyers. You are the fanboy here. Ditto is useful. Alas, you will be reported.

In Gen5, you can EV train LV100 Pokemon because EVs are calculated at the end of every battle, not at each level up. So you can EV train a LV100 normally.

I'm sure others have pointed out your major contradiction here, but if anyone is offering Imposter Ditto on a trade forum, it would be hacked. :\

Oh good. Still lack of need to EV train given its not allowed in the Battle Subway.

I still do look forward to having Giratina dream it into existence.

Arceus most certainly isn't a bad Pokemon competitively; it's one of the best, for sure. But the fact that most people would rather not use Ubers, or legendaries at all, and the fact that you can't use him in the Battle Subway or in the VGC's, makes Arceus more of a box-sitter.

That, my dear friend, is why GF needs to tone down the endgame legendaries/event Pokemon's powers so they can be OU material and anyone who's a fan of them such as myself can finally use them on their team without breaking their "no ubers" rules. They did it right with Kyurem, so why can't other endgame legendaries?

They did it right with Kyurem, so why can't other endgame legendaries?

Maybe because Kyurem is weakened on purpose? (possibly ties into his story) Something that should be fairly obvious by now. In any case, them being overpower'd is exactly why they are so legendary. An endgame legendary should be that way, and I highly doubt that GF cares about our "tiers."

What they need to do though, is simply have a facility in the games allow trainers to battle with banned Pokemon. Like an uber tier type facility, where the trainers have 600-680 legendary based teams. Maybe they will in the future.

What's an Imposter Ditto? :S Weh

It had to be a god, of all things.

Maybe because Kyurem is weakened on purpose? (possibly ties into his story) Something that should be fairly obvious by now. In any case, them being overpower'd is exactly why they are so legendary. An endgame legendary should be that way, and I highly doubt that GF cares about our "tiers."

What they need to do though, is simply have a facility in the games allow trainers to battle with banned Pokemon. Like an uber tier type facility, where the trainers have 600-680 legendary based teams. Maybe they will in the future.

But I really want to use Ho-oh or Palkia in my team but can't because I don't use ubers. Giratina's debut form in D/P is suppose to be his weakened form yet it's uber, so Game Freak really is listening to us non-uber users.

What's an Imposter Ditto? :S Weh

It's a Ditto with the Imposter ability, that causes it to transform immediately as soon as it's switched in instead of having to use a turn transforming. In the hands of a skilled player it would be incredibly strong in competitive battles. That's why so many people want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom