• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winner's Path Wi-Fi distribution event announced by HeartGold, SoulSilver sites: Dist

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Winner's Path Wi-Fi distribution event announced by HeartGold, SoulSilver sites: Distribution ...

The official Pokémon website and the official HeartGold and SoulSilver website have both updated with information the Winner's Path Pokéwalker Route distribution. This Route will be available to players of the North American and PAL versions of the games via Wi-Fi starting May 6, the day after the distribution of the Yellow Forest ends.

Read more on Bulbanews

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Winner's Path Wi-Fi distribution event announced by HeartGold, SoulSilver sites:

DS games don't have "PAL versions". </nitpick>

Re: Winner's Path Wi-Fi distribution event announced by HeartGold, SoulSilver sites:

This is meh. Although it'll be a quick way to get Occa and Wacan Berries.

Wait, did they say May 6?
Isn't May 6th tomorrow?
Doesn't that mean that it's available TOMORROW?

I wonder if this shortened "reveal to event" period means that there's a possibility of that rumor about the Gamestop Celebi in May being true.

WAIT! According to the artwork, there is a Magikarp! Does that mean MAGIKARP will know another move other than splash, tackle, and flail?!?!?!?

Yay tomorrow! I'm gonna download this tonight at 12.

WAIT! According to the artwork, there is a Magikarp! Does that mean MAGIKARP will know another move other than splash, tackle, and flail?!?!?!?

Read the Bulbapedia article on the course. Magikarp will know Bounce.

Read the Bulbapedia article on the course. Magikarp will know Bounce.

Whoops! I see it now! But do you have to beat the game first and receive the National Dex, or would the pokemon from different regions just show up with ???? on the pokemon summary pages?

DS games don't have "PAL versions". </nitpick>

Which is lucky, because PAL versions were usually a joke back in the NES days.

It's still an acceptable way to refer to European English versions, though. Although EU would also work.

It's still an acceptable way to refer to European English versions, though. Although EU would also work.

EU is an abbreviation for European Union, and it doesn't include all European countries. PAL is easily understood as the European version, but EUR would work too.

EU is an abbreviation for European Union, and it doesn't include all European countries. PAL is easily understood as the European version, but EUR would work too.

Either way, most people just take it to mean Europe. PAL is a dying video standard; I doubt kids know what it is, or its relation to Europe.

Last edited:

They announced an event for tomorrow?
That's...weird.
Anyways can't wait to get my Munchlax with Selfdestruct. =)

That's...weird.

One of the advantages of a Wi-Fi event, I guess. They can go on longer than most retail events would, are more easily accessible, and don't need to be announced so far in advance.

It's a shame they don't use Wi-Fi to distribute more events.

That's...weird.

xD Yeah, it is kinda weird that they did. Though, I see no problem with it.
I'm with you on the Exploding Munchlax though. =D

One of the advantages of a Wi-Fi event, I guess. They can go on longer than most retail events would, are more easily accessible, and don't need to be announced so far in advance.

It's a shame they don't use Wi-Fi to distribute more events.

Well they have done many events over wifi, not just a few.
But yeah I agree they are better.

Finally, the one useful path. Even their super common Bronzor is useful. Me want asplodin' Snorlax.

its about time bulbagarden gets this story. I saw it on serebii and pokemon.com this morning

anyway im pretty excited about getting this course

I dont know if will be available tonight at midnight tho, I had to wait till the morning of to get the yellow forest. i guess it just depends on the time zone

Finally, the one useful path. Even their super common Bronzor is useful. Me want asplodin' Snorlax.

Someone's forgetting the Quiet Cave. I agree with you on the asploding 'Lax, though.

Well they have done many events over wifi, not just a few.
But yeah I agree they are better.

But most have been items. They still leave 99% of the event Pokemon to be given out at retail events, aside from the Nintendo Zone Jirachi and 10th Anniversary Mew in Japan, and the Pikachu-coloured Pichu for EUR (that one's for Sephiroth :)).

While I manage to get the retail ones regardless, I'd still appreciate it if they at least were to make all the in-game event unlocking Pokemon available over Wi-Fi.

Someone's forgetting the Quiet Cave. I agree with you on the asploding 'Lax, though.
Yes but Quiet Cave requires a huge amount of watts. This route dosnt need any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom