• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Winter 2011 RPG Awards - Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Yes hello I still exist.
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome, one and all, to the Nomination Thread for the 1st Biannual Roleplaying Games Awards! First and foremost, here are the four golden rules that you must follow with your nominations.

1. You cannot nominate yourself.
2. Each user is only allowed one nomination per category, and can only nominate one individual user/characer/RP/Scene twice.
3. The RP does not have to be completed when you nominate it. Unfinished RPs can still be nominated for all categories except Best Ending.
4. Mods have categories separate from regular users.

The nomination period will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5) on December 14th.

Voting will take place from that time until 11:59 PM EST on Christmas Eve (December 24th)

As for the actual nomination process, you will first select a user, character, RP, or scene from an RP that you will nominate. If you have not been in an RP yet wish to nominate it or a component of it, you are encouraged to skim through the thread, in order to gain greater comprehension. The categories for nominations are as follows:

• Most Memorable Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Most Memorable Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best "Journey" Roleplay
  • Best "Academy" Roleplay
  • Best "Crossover" Roleplay
  • Most Memorable Character in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Most Memorable Character in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best GM in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best GM in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Character Development in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Heel-Face-Turn (Bad Guy shifting to a Good Guy) in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Heel-Face-Turn in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Face-Heel-Turn (Good Guy shifting to a Bad Guy) in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Face-Heel-Turn in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
  • Best Sequel
  • Best Ending

Once you have compiled enough information on your nomination, fill in the following sheet and post it in a reply to this thread.

Category: Which out of the above categories are you nominating your choice for? NOTE: If you are nominating an item created by a moderator, please put [MOD] after the category name.
User: Which user are you nominating? Or, in the case of characters/RPs, who controlled/GMed the character/RP?
Character: If you're nominating a character, r a scene from an RP that involved one particular character, please put the name of the character.
Roleplay: Which roleplay is the item from?
Quote: Place a quote of this character/GM/RP/Scene into your nomination to give us more information and to show proof that you understand what it is you're nominating.
Nominated By: Your username.

NOMINATIONS

Name [Category] (User) {Nominator}

• The Rogues Gallery [Most Memorable Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Master Mew) {Renewal}
  • Detective Fate [Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Godzillawolf) {Master Mew}
  • Dream Guard: Multiversal Crisis [Best "Crossover" Roleplay] (Godzillawolf) {Master Mew}
  • The Cleric [Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay [MOD]] (Hide in Plain Sight) {Master Mew}
  • Adventures of Growing Travelers: Kanto [Best "Journey" Roleplay] (Milo†icgirl McQüeen) {Master Mew}
  • Ampiomach Academy [Best "Academy" Roleplay] (Ninjamodio) {Spooky Aura}
  • Donovan Duke [Most Memorable Character in a Pokemon Roleplay] (Ninjamodio) {Spooky Aura}
  • Ninjamodio [Best GM in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Ninjamodio) {Ice Maiden Samwin}

And, let the nominations begin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Category: Most Memorable Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
User: Master Mew
Character: n/a
Roleplay: The Rogues Gallery
Quote: "ROGUES GALLERY is a Private Roleplay Hub. Essentially, a pool of players with pre-existing characters from which participants can be drawn to join Private Roleplays pertaining to their own self-invented superheroes and supervillains."
Nominated By: Renewal

Slight change in the rules. Now you can have one vote per category, but can only nominate one individual twice.

Category: Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
User: @Godzillawolf
Character: Detective Fate
Roleplay: The Rogues Gallery: Issue #2 The First Night
Quote:
Godzillawolf said:
Fate chuckled. "And like you don't have the same obsession?" he asked, then smirked under his mask. "...You know, I think I've just about figured things out, you and I are not so different in a lot of ways," he explained. "We both seek the evil to pay for their crimes, you just don't believe in the justice system to carry it out. You and I both began our crusades about four years ago," he said. "But the murder of Malcolm had one major thing that makes me wonder about it," he explained. "You carved a 10 into his hide. If it'd been me who'd killed him, I'd have carved an 11, the 10th victim being Troy Foster, the boy who commited suicide as a result of Malcolm's actions."

Fate looked Prowler over. "The maticulous planning you've shown all this time, planning every detail to the letter. Someone like you would make sure Malcolm was marked for every death he caused directly or indirectly," he continued. "Troy's body was never located, and most big cats do not eat the bones of their kill, meaning there should've been some of Troy's remains found, and even if they had eaten his bones, they'd have been found in the animal's stomach or feces. None were," he continued. "I know you must've killed Malcolm because how the killer wrecked the police van was by tearing through the front windshield, something only someone like you, with your agility and strength could acomplish," he continued. "Since you didn't consider Troy a victim, and someone with your planning wouldn't overlook that detail, that leaves only a few explainations."

Fate held up one finger. "One, you don't consider suicides because of someone's actions their doing. Unlikely, as you've already killed several men for less," he continued, raising a finger. "Two, you rescued Troy from that animal pit or somehow know he survived it. Possible, but unlikely, as his wounds that were observed being done to him were mortal, even if he'd gotten out there'd have been a blood trail and a normal human would've died. Only someone with a healing factor could've escaped that pit without leaving blood all over the place. I'm assuming you have such a factor by the fact you regularally leapt through windows without cutting yourself to pieces," he continued, raising his third finger. "We're so much alike, what do you think my third guess is?"
Nominated by: @Master Mew

Category: Best "Crossover" Roleplay
User: @Godzillawolf
Character: N/A
Roleplay: Dream Guard: Multiversal Crisis
Quote:
Godzillawolf said:
The Dream Realm is a magical place. Formed from the dream energy of human imagination, this is a place were mankind’s dreams have become real. Things which are fictional in our reality are the truth in this one, each existing in a separate universe and most unaware of this fact…but there is a dark side to this reality.

The Nightmare Realm, the neighboring multiverse, is formed from the dark side of human imagination. This is were nightmares are reality and villains reign victorious. The heroes never win here…There are no happy endings in the Nightmare Realm. But even nightmares have positive effects for humans sometimes and a good story can be written without a happy ending, thus making this world no less important than the Dream Realm.

Ruled by the Nightmare Emperor, this multiverse has existed side by side with it’s happier counterpart, both being fueled by and fueling human imagination and expanding day by day…that is until the Nightmare Emperor grew prideful and turned his evil eyes towards the Dream Realm, seeking to claim it for his own, for whoever rules all of the Dream Realm would by virtue hold human imagination in the palm of their hand and control the human world as well. He rose up and attacked the Dream Realm in full force…but in ages long past, the heroes of the Dream Realm banded together. Lead by a human from the real world, the heroes combined their own strength with the power of humanity’s dreams to seal the Nightmare Emperor in a prison of stone from which it was believed he’d never escape. Balance was restored to the multiverse…

But in modern day, the Nightmare Emperor’s seal has weakened and his ancient evil has once more been unleashed upon the Dream Realm. Uniting the forces of evil in an onslaught, it soon becomes apparent that the forces of good cannot overcome this evil alone. Those heroes with the ability to travel between dimensions begin uniting the heroes from across Dream Realm to save it from falling under the power of nightmares, plunging not only that world, but our own into never-ending nightmares. Will it be enough to save all of reality from destruction?

Category: Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay [MOD]
User: @Hide in Plain Sight
Character: The Cleric
Roleplay: The Rogues Gallery: Issue #19 Boiling Point
Quote:
Hide in Plain Sight said:
"Part of me still can't believe that Natalie and Fatalia are one and the same." Cleric said quietly to Fate. "I probably should have seen it sooner, but..." Cleric stopped. "But I am glad to hear that she did that. She still has or had some good left in her... Even if Fever did his very best to corrupt her heart." Cleric looked over at Fate. "Getting that building evacuated saved far more people than I have today." Cleric sighed. "Fever wouldn't stop until I had him cornered... And even then, he gave up a chance of escape to kill one more woman..." Looking away from Fate, Cleric frowned for the briefest of moments.

Last edited:
Category: Best "Journey" Roleplay
User: @Milo†icgirl McQüeen
Roleplay: Adventures of Growing Travelers: Kanto
Quote:
“This quiet mountain on the outskirts of Pallet Town is known for its incredibly large Onix. However, lately these large Onix’s and any other rock type have started going crazy and attack wildly. What’s the cause? Well we don’t know. All spectators and myself can do is stay here in the safe zone near the foot of the mountain. This is Natasha Deeling at Mt Hideway, Pallet Catchup”

“Why the hell are so many people blocking my view?” shouted Michelle as she looked over towards the mountain. Michelle was from Veilstone and had heard about the recent news. It was quite mysteryious and therefore she had to come and see it with her own eyes. Above in the mountain, dust could be seen and sounds of raging Onixs.

“Amethyst, stay close” commanded Michelle. The 5ft 5 blonde (5ft 10 with them heels) looked over to her Misdreavus that floated curiously next to her.

Category: Best Academy Roleplay
User: @Ninjamodio
Roleplay: Ampiomach Academy
Quote: Welcome to Ampiomach Accademy, where we teach you-yes, you- to become a gym leader.
Nominated By: @Spooky Aura

More to come when I get quotes, if that's alright.

Quote: Welcome to Ampiomach Accademy, where we teach you-yes, you- to become a gym leader. (quote may change, its hard 2 decide)
Nominated By: @Ice Maiden Samwin

More to come when I get quotes, if that's alright.

Category: Most Memorable Character in a Pokemon Roleplay
Character: Donovan Duke
Quote: "Aah, what is it...YES! THERE IS A GARCHOMP UNDERGROUND, AND HE WANTS TO EAT US." Donovan blurted.
Nominated By: @Spooky Aura

Can we propose new categories?

Category: GM in a pokemon themed roleplay (not sure if this counts)

Quote: Ooc: D: Transform died? ... >:D also, Jett saved your butt, and we are there. Ryhperior is itchy, altered, and in a spider web, the power went out moment after transform exploded, returning gravity to norma, the prion is open, jett is battling, alvin and cammile are casing hell, the others are sneaking around.
Nominated By: @Ice Maiden Samwin

@Spooky Aura As is currently stands, no, you aren't allowed to propose new categories. But whatever idea you had, keep it in mind.

Category: Most Memorable Pokémon-Themed Roleplay

User: Godzillawolf

Roleplay: Polteon's Haunted Castle

Quote:
Rex lead his team towards the imposing Abandoned Castle. It was huge, and ancient, but holding itself togather well. However, it still looked so spooky it made his fur stand on end and it took all his courage not to tuck his tail between his legs in fear. "Alright girls...here we are." he said to his team, looking at the large drawlbridge to the castle. He gulpped before suddenly, the drawlbridge swung down over the castle moat and its inner door closed, making all three members of Team Canine jump in fear. "C-come on, we c-can't be afraid now."

Nominated By: Derier44

Category: Most Memorable Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
User: Anima
Roleplay: Rainbow Islands
Quote: (Taken from the sign-up thread, found here.)
Anima said:
There are islands far off from most of society. They are called the Rainbow Islands. No one had heard of them for the longest time. That is, except for their residents. There are a total of five islands, each with their own distinguishing features. Different Pokemon inhabit each island, and overall, it’s very peaceful. That is, until tourists and Team Rocket find these islands. Your role is either as a native islander, a tourist, a Team Rocket grunt, or even a native Pokemon. You can do many things on these islands, but it’s your choice as to exactly what you do. Good luck.
Nominated By: That Guy

User: @Ace Trainer
Roleplay: Starlight Academy
Quote:
John hoped that at this school, people would accept him for who he is.
Nominated By: I am not mentioning my name, Milo†icgirl McQüeen

Category: Best Academy Roleplay [MOD]
User: @Sky Flame Haze
Roleplay: RavenClaw Academy
Quote:
People were ghatering around a large glass dome that stood in the center of Goldenrod City..

Category: Most Memorable Pokemon Roleplay [MOD]
User: @Sovereign
Roleplay: Trebloome Academy Part II
Quote:
"And so it begins... Once again."

Category: Most Memorable Pokemon Roleplay
User: @Buzz
Roleplay: Pokemon Universe: Hoenn
Quote:
Lush trees whistling in the wind, chimes hanging on doorsteps serenade the townsfolk with beautiful melodies of later summer's breeze.

Category: GM in a pokemon themed roleplay
User: @willow Tara
Roleplay:Amberstone Academy
Quote:
Welcome to the Amberstone Academy

Category: GM in a pokemon themed roleplay [mod]
User: @Sky Flames Haze
Roleplay:pokemon Sky Academy Regeneration
Quote:
"It looks so cool," Andrew said while smiling down at the academy though Shinn just rolled his eyes.

Category: Best Sequel [mod]
User: @Sovereign
Roleplay:Trebloome Part II

Category: Most Memorable Non-Pokemon RP
User: @Master Mew
Roleplay:F.R.I.E.N.D.S
Quote:[QUOTEA bright, crisp new morning dawned in New York City, a soft, warm glow filtering through the windows of the Café Lounge coffee shop as a waitress carefully fixes the 'Open' sign onto the glass door. Sliding the lock open, she wiped a smear from the window and smiled to her reflection..[/QUOTE]

Category: Best "Academy" Roleplay [MOD]
User: @Sky Flame Haze ;
Roleplay: Raven Claw Academy
Quote:
People were ghatering around a large glass dome that stood in the center of Goldenrod City

Nominated By: @Jester ;

------------------------------

Category: Most Memorable Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay [MOD]
User: @Sky Flame Haze ;
Roleplay: Bounty Hunters
Quote:
The sun was shining down on Wayward Cave as stores began opening all around the city as well as schools, it was a beautiful day one that no one would expect to stand out from any other day.

Nominated By: @Jester ;

Alright, Mr. Oblivion has left the building. But he's filled me in on the details, and I'm spearheading this project. We'll be extending the nomination period a bit due to the lack of nominations. Hopefully the voting'll be started soon, and it'll be done by Christmas, but in the meantime, I'mma be filling in the nominations, and handling the voting when it comes to that.

Nominations:
Name [Category] (User) {Nominator}

* The Rogues Gallery [Most Memorable Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Master Mew) {Renewal}
* Detective Fate [Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Godzillawolf) {Master Mew}
* Dream Guard: Multiversal Crisis [Best "Crossover" Roleplay] (Godzillawolf) {Master Mew}
* The Cleric [Best Character Development in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay [MOD]] (Hide in Plain Sight) {Master Mew}
* Adventures of Growing Travelers: Kanto [Best "Journey" Roleplay] (Milo†icgirl McQüeen) {Master Mew}
* Ampiomach Academy [Best "Academy" Roleplay] (Ninjamodio) {Spooky Aura}
* Donovan Duke [Most Memorable Character in a Pokemon Roleplay] (Ninjamodio) {Spooky Aura}
* Ninjamodio [Best GM in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Ninjamodio) {Ice Maiden Samwin}
* Rainbow Islands [Most Memorable Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Anima) {That Guy}
* RavenClaw Academy [Best Academy Roleplay (MOD)] (Sky Flame Haze) {Christmas Queen}
* Starlight Academy [Best Academy Roleplay] (Ace Trainer) {Christmas Queen}
* Trebllome Academy Part II [Most Memorable Pokémon-Themed Roleplay (MOD)] (Sovereign) {Christmas Queen}
* Pokemon Universe: Hoenn [Most Memorable Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Buzz) {Christmas Queen}
* Amberstone Academy [GM in a pokemon themed roleplay ] (Willow's Tara) {Christmas Queen}
* Pokemon Sky Academy Regeneration [GM in a pokemon themed roleplay (MOD)] (Sky Flame Haze) {Christmas Queen}
* Trebloome Academy Part II [Best Sequel (MOD)] (Sovereign) {Christmas Queen}
* F.R.I.E.N.D.S. [Most Memorable Non-Pokemon RP] (Master Mew) {Christmas Queen}
* Starlight Academy [Best Academy RolePlay] (Santa Trainer) {♪~Autumnbreeze~♪}
* Raven Claw Academy [Best "Academy" Roleplay [MOD]] (Sky Flame Haze) {Jester}
* Bounty Hunters [Most Memorable Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay [MOD]] (Sky Flame Haze) {Jester}
* Mila Feye [Most Memorable Character in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (JakkuEbansu) {Merrymodio}
* JakkuEbansu [Best GM in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay ] (Ice Maiden Samwin) {Merrymodio}
* eridan ampora [Best GM in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (eridan ampora ) {Merrymodio}
* Jacob Grey [Best Character Development in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay] (Majora's Mask) {Merrymodio}

Last edited:
I want voting. MASS NOMINATIONS AHOY.
Most Memorable Character in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay -
User- @Ice Maiden Samwin
Character- Mila Feye
Roleplay- Ampiomach Academy
Quote-
"Hmm.. interesting..", Mila muttered, having scanned the parchement. Today was like the others, her first day at the academy, however, she was a little worried. If the other students knew she had a sister here, they may think that she didn't have to work for her enrolment, even though she had. She decided to put it to the back of her mind, and try see who she could possibly be friends with..
Nominated by- @Merrymodio

Best GM in a Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
User- @eridan ampora
Character- N/A
Roleplay- Praestantia Academy
Quote-
'It is said that power corrupts, but actually it's more true that power attracts the corruptible. The sane are usually attracted by other things than power.'

Best GM in a Non-Pokémon-Themed Roleplay
User- @JakkuEbansu
Roleplay- The Rouges Gallery
Quote-
(Jakku emerges from DeLorean, removing goggles)
Generally, the rule seems to be if no-one, out of three fairly active staff members, picks something out, then you're good.
For the record, Crisis should be starting as soon as Mewie and PiPi realise that Skyrim is not in fact reality.

Far more later.

Let's get this thing going people!

I know y'all know RPers who could add nominations to make this awards season as good as it can be.

Spread the word! Spread the holiday joy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom