• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVENT: Winter 2017 Awards Winners

Reaction score
tumblr_lzal2i8AvZ1r4gu4ko1_500.gif

Hey, all! This season's judging was handed in, discussions about the variety of entrants were had, and winners were decided. There were a ton of tough competitors this round, and it was super fun to see the community engage in making this happen.

First up, the winners of each individual category, with judges of that category listed!

Best Journey: Flaze, Life, chaos_Leader, AetherX
Land of the Roses by @Misfit Angel

Best Drama: Soulmaster, Ghostsoul, UselessBytes, diamondpearl876, LightningTopaz
First place: Because You Were There by @Flaze
Second Place: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Unequivocantby @lucarioknight56

Best Expansion: diamondpearl876, LightningTopaz, Athena, Beth Pavell, AceTrainer14
The Worldslayersby @Sike Saner

Best Crossover/Non-Pokémon: Athena, AceTrainer14, kintsugi
The Eternal Bloodline by @Misfit Angel

Best Poetry and Short Prose: Misfit Angel, Life
Puppy Eyes by @canisaries

Best Alternate: Flaze, System Error, lucarioknight56, Misfit Angel
Rara Avis by @AetherX

Best Protagonist
First place: Avis from Rara Avis by @AetherX
Second place: Andrea Dennison from Land of the Roses by @Misfit Angel

Best Antagonist
Arthus Zoroark from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Forgotten Isles by @lucarioknight56

Best Supporting Character
Kimberly Fairbrooke from Land of the Roses by @Misfit Angel
Seraph from Iterations by @Athena

Best Pokémon Character
Juliano the Blastoise from Land of the Roses by @Misfit Angel

Best Newcomer
@TRNatalie / @Gengarzilla

Best Reviewer
@Athena

Best Contributor
@diamondpearl876

Best Story
Rara Avis by @AetherX

Best Character
Avis from Rara Avis by @AetherX

Congratulations to everyone, and thanks again for everyone's hard work in making this happen! Massive shoutout to @chaos_Leader, @Flaze, and @LightningTopaz for doubling up on the bigger categories, and to @kintsugi and @lucarioknight56 for picking up a category/character at the last minute for me.

There's not all, though!

I'm happy to announce we have two brand new Writers Workshop Champions! Both @AetherX and @Misfit Angel have earned eight badges as of this round, so an extra shoutout to them!

@AetherX has a knack for portraying the hardship of everyday life and bringing the world in his stories to life through sympathetic characters with so much depth I feel like I really, truly know them. His writing pulls you in and never lets go. Which is just fine. I don't want to go; I always want to read more Not to mention his contributions to other areas of the Writers Workshop. Whether it's a review or a discussion post in the Written Word, Aether responses are always thoughtful. <3

@Misfit Angel... Well, she's had a few names over the years, but what hasn't changed is her is the immense amount of camaraderie she brings to the Writers Workshop. Every day she's around to make our users laugh and to show how dedicated she is to the writing craft. Her writing is beautiful and ambitious and a treat to read and much, much more. <3

Finally, we've got banners and judging reviews to look forward to.

@Misfit Angel and myself worked to compile a brand new Hall of Fame site hosted outside of Bulbagarden! The old one were no longer cooperating due to the massive amount of images, and this way, we can avoid having two separate threads for it. The old ones will be removed but accessible to mods in case they're ever needed, and replaced with this thread.

That said, all banners for this season are already created and posted on the Hall of Fame site!

Judging reviews can be posted anytime now! If you already posted them and would like your extra points for the Review League, that's fine. Yep, you get bonus points for the Review League this round, too, so get to it! The authors would love to hear all the thoughts you had, judges! :D

Congrats to all the winners! There was definitely some tough competition this year and I hope it continues into the future!

I'm happy to announce we have two brand new Writers Workshop Champions! Both @AetherX and @Misfit Angel have earned eight badges as of this round, so an extra shoutout to them!

@Misfit Angel... Well, she's had a few names over the years, but what hasn't changed is her is the immense amount of camaraderie she brings to the Writers Workshop. Every day she's around to make our users laugh and to show how dedicated she is to the writing craft. Her writing is beautiful and ambitious and a treat to read and much, much more. <3

It's an honor to finally get here!

Also, make sure to check out the banners I made! I went a little bit cross eyed with how many I had to create this year.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom