• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

(WIP) Politoed looking to the Night Sky

anonymous920314

何だよ?!
Reaction score
chapter1copy2.png

I just recently started EV training a pokémon for the very first time, a nice little Poliwag . . well it's now a Politoed and in celebration of my first EV trained pokémon, I drew a nice little drawing . . which turned into a fully fledged pretty big project that I'm currently coloring in photoshop. This is called "Politoed looking to the Night Sky" and it's definitely a work in progress. But I've basically finished the sky and Politoed. The other stuff is just background nonsense! :D

That's copyright me? Right. Well, Politoed is owned by Gamefreak.

Adorable, but I'll give it an 8/10 for not being finished.

Awwww cute :D I always loved Politoed. My one complaint would be the placement of the stars within the crescent moon. Shouldn't it just be black?

Did you use a tablet? I need to play with one sometime. :O

It's looking very nice so far. Perhaps the sky should be a bit more dark and you should add some shades to the clouds, but other than that, I love how you drew Politoed and the crescent moon. The shading on the mountains is simple but nice. Can't wait to see it finished.

So far out of my league. 10/10, finished or not. ^_^

Hee, I haven't gotten to the clouds yet . . I don't really do them like that, I use smudging and no lines so they are always last ^^;

I never really thought about stars being in the crescent moon :eek: Now I feel dumb!! ah well :3

I inked it by hand (comes more naturally to me than inking with a tablet), but everything else is tablet work!

Oh! and I was going to make the sky a little darker, but I kind of wanted to give it an "early morning" feel, even though it's nighttime >.>

Thank you everyone :DDDDDD

I thought the white-space in the trees was on purporse, it actually looks pretty neat that way.

yeah it makes it look like a drawing for a picture book.
It's very nice though, but since you didn't use a tablet for the lines, I say color me impressed! (Pun intended!) If you used the pen tool on that (or significantly cleaned up your image) then that must have been a lot of work. (well, more than I ever want to do) I like the picture a lot, it came out pretty neat, I don't think it needs much work to finish it now.

As for the moon, just say Palkia did it, and all is well!:-D

8/10 (still undinished)

You should crop part of it for an avitar or sig. If a sig makesure to add a cheesy tag-line.

I actually liked the unfinished one better tbh.

Still good, but the white space in the trees made it looks like there was something hiding in the trees shining or something, like the Lake Trio or something.

I can't stand big glaring white spaces, I think it looks tacky on an otherwise hard worked on picture. ^^;

I like it, it's pretty cool, I do admit that I liked the style of the original a little bit more. The flatness of it seems like an intensional old fashioned style. Like a painted print or something. The completed one is really cool though, I like the effects, they just don't seem to go together with the image as well. I guess what I mean is the clouds for example look extremely nice and realistic, but I feel like the rest of the picture is more dreamy and cartoony. It's still very impress work though!

Very lovely. It makes me want to get off my ass and learn Photoshop for real, instead of just using it to make sketches.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Lovely. You're a very talented artist! It makes me sorta depressedat how much I suck at drawing compared to a lot of people. People at school say I'm really good though.

Your artwork was so good, I almost mistook it for official art!

Back
Top Bottom