• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wishfulshipping - Iris/Dento shipping thread

What would you prefer to call Dento/Iris?

• Total voters
Watching Ash challenging Lenora today with my nephew and then something caught my attention. Now this may seem a bit out of the way or crazy, but hear me out on this one; Lenora and her husband Hawes kind of remind me of a married version of an older Iris and Cilan.

I watched all 3 Nacrene City episodes and the hints didn’t take effect until I saw how she kept calling Cilan “Connoisseur Boy.” Then it hit me that she reminded me of how Iris always calls Ash a “little kid” kind of a pet name I suppose.

Anyway, looking at how Cilan looks at things logically while Iris is more or less a free spirit the two remind me of the Hawes and Lenora. Both females seem to be strong spirited people while the males seem more reserved yet intelligent and seem to comply with the requests of the women.

Some examples are Cilan holding back to help train with Iris’ Axew, cheering Ash on with her even though they looked ridiculous in that face paint at the last gym haha

I hope I'm not seeing signs that are not really there, but how about looking at those 3 episodes and tell me what you think? Anyone else get that feeling about this like I do?

Watching Ash challenging Lenora today with my nephew and then something caught my attention. Now this may seem a bit out of the way or crazy, but hear me out on this one; Lenora and her husband Hawes kind of remind me of a married version of an older Iris and Cilan.

I watched all 3 Nacrene City episodes and the hints didn’t take effect until I saw how she kept calling Cilan “Connoisseur Boy.” Then it hit me that she reminded me of how Iris always calls Ash a “little kid” kind of a pet name I suppose.

Anyway, looking at how Cilan looks at things logically while Iris is more or less a free spirit the two remind me of the Hawes and Lenora. Both females seem to be strong spirited people while the males seem more reserved yet intelligent and seem to comply with the requests of the women.

Some examples are Cilan holding back to help train with Iris’ Axew, cheering Ash on with her even though they looked ridiculous in that face paint at the last gym haha

I hope I'm not seeing signs that are not really there, but how about looking at those 3 episodes and tell me what you think? Anyone else get that feeling about this like I do?

Heya Paul, long time no chat. XDDD

Actually that's really interesting as I remember Lenora calling him "Sommelier Boy" in the Japanese version too. I've thought of them being like Lenora and Hawes before because in a way they kind of are like them. (It helps that I've seen comics teasing about that xD...I can't help it. I'll admit it made me smile. XDDD)

Oh speaking of going into the face paint bit, did you notice that Dento and Iris had a Reshiram/Zekrom (Or perhaps BW2 Kyu) theme to them with Fire and Electric? I thought it was nice considering how it makes them seem like they were intended to be opposites and I just wasn't seeing things however instead of distancing themselves like one would think, they just seem to click like magnets. :)

Heya Paul, long time no chat. XDDD

Actually that's really interesting as I remember Lenora calling him "Sommelier Boy" in the Japanese version too. I've thought of them being like Lenora and Hawes before because in a way they kind of are like them. (It helps that I've seen comics teasing about that xD...I can't help it. I'll admit it made me smile. XDDD)

Oh speaking of going into the face paint bit, did you notice that Dento and Iris had a Reshiram/Zekrom (Or perhaps BW2 Kyu) theme to them with Fire and Electric? I thought it was nice considering how it makes them seem like they were intended to be opposites and I just wasn't seeing things however instead of distancing themselves like one would think, they just seem to click like magnets. :)

Hey there, yes it has been! xDDDD

I gotta admit like I said before when I was watching it with my nephew it was the first time I REALLY paid attention to the dialogue and way the characters interacted with each other. Wow that is interesting, never knew that about the music that adds on the shipping theory then. The whole opposites attract really do apply with them that's for sure.

This thread, lives!

Anyway, question, what do you think of a day of vine-swinging between Pansage, Axew, Iris and Cilan would be like?

My gosh, I'd never thought of that!

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom