• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wishlist Thread - What Would You Like to See in Future Games?

Open world with a never-ending supply of trainers to battle, instead of the current system where trainers are battled once and then you have no others to battle and have to start relying on battling wild Pokemon for EXP, which isn't as effective.

Also, Exp Share should be optional. Can't believe I even have to this discussion. It was such a simple win-win to make it optional, I can't understand why they've forced it.

Open world with a never-ending supply of trainers to battle, instead of the current system where trainers are battled once and then you have no others to battle and have to start relying on battling wild Pokemon for EXP, which isn't as effective.
This makes me wonder if there is any way to merge Trainer Rematches with the obligatory postgame Battle Tower. Even if the rematch teams are from a random pool instead of their initial lineup, it would make the world more immersive and encourage continued travel all around the region.

Not necessarily a never-ending supply but perhaps a handful of trainers meant for grinding with teams of Audino, Chansey, and Blissey that can be battled an infinite number of times.

Or eliminate the RNG from the VS. Seeker mechanic so that rematchable trainers are infinite and available at all times.

Last edited:
This makes me wonder if there is any way to merge Trainer Rematches with the obligatory postgame Battle Tower. Even if the rematch teams are from a random pool instead of their initial lineup, it would make the world more immersive and encourage continued travel all around the region.

I don't think that would be wise. The Battle Tower is generally designed for more competitively minded players, they want to battle using fully trained Pokemon, not with Pokemon they're still training up. The two battling systems serve entirely different purposes and they're not really compatible.

Bring back the stat trainers and give us multiple rivals at the same time.

We all have ideas for gameplay mechanics we think would be interesting, and so I decided to create a thread to share them. Here are mine:

•Cars and other vehicles: I remember seeing concept art for Sun and Moon of different vehicles that the player could drive that had different abilities (the only one I could remember was a fire truck that could shoot water). I'm not exactly sure how these would be implemented into a Pokémon game (and I think they weren't either since the mechanic didn't show up in the games), but I think it'd make the most sense if the games they were in took place in a region based on somewhere known for their automotive industries (Detroit, Germany, etc.).

•Items/cybernetic upgrades replacing HMs/Ride Pokémon: This (well, the first part, anyway) is pretty self-explanatory: the player would have key items they'd use to bypass obstacles (ex. a pickaxe instead of Rock Smash, gardening shears instead of Cut, a jetpack instead of Fly, a flashlight instead of Flash, swim fins instead of Surf, scuba gear instead of Dive, etc.). The "cybernetic upgrades" idea came up while my train of thought was on the game Bionic Commando, and it suddenly switched to "hey, it'd be neat if there was a Pokémon game where the protagonists were cyborgs." I was also thinking about future Legends series games set in a futuristic (or at least more high-tech, i.e. Ultra Space) setting instead of a historical one, where people having bionic enhancements would make more sense. These upgrades would be things like more powerful arm/leg motors instead of Strength, a waterproofing module instead of Surf, a jetpack instead of Fly (again), etc.

• 4-on-4 or 6-on-6 battles: They'd be kind of time-consuming, yeah, but also kind of fun.

• Evolutions that combine Pokémon: There have been evolution methods that require a specific Pokémon or type of Pokémon to be in the player's party (two I can think of are Mantyke needing Remoraid and Pancham needing a Dark-type), and these would kind of be similar, except the Pokémon involved would become a single entity (two ideas I had were for a clownfish Pokémon and an anemone Pokémon native to an Australia-based region that would combine to form... a clownfish in an anemone (not very creative, I know) and a hieroglyphics-based regional variant of Unown native to (obviously) an Egypt-based region that could be evolved through the following method: The player would have to catch every version of that region's Unown (regular Unown wouldn't work), put all but one in a PC box with nothing else in it, then level up the one they didn't put in the PC. When the evolution finished, all the Unown in the PC would be gone, as they would have combined with the leveled up Unown to form some sort of Rosetta Stone-based Pokémon).

•Reworked Game Corners: They'd be reworked into a more arcade-like, non-luck-based experience where the player would earn tickets instead of coins. I know this is pretty unlikely, but just imagine how cool it'd be to play a Gradius clone with a Vikavolt in place of the Vic Viper or a Pokkén prequel that hearkens back to the days of Street Fighter II!

Last edited:
Since I've been playing a lot of both Dragon Age and Mass Effect recently, I'd like to see them take a page from those games and not only have choice options in dialogue but also have different outcomes depending on the choices that you selected. It would certainly be a tall task to implement this into a Pokemon game for sure, but it would be a fun addition to the game in my opinion.

A karma meter.

More modular regional gimmick, in my particular case performing magic rituals using a combination of moves and held items.

Enemy trainers, particularly story bosses able to take advantage of friendship benefits

Soaring. And not just in the sky, in large underground canyons

A dark world of sorts, and for that matter emissions and anomalies.

More immersive sim over open world mechanics, such as being able to just pick up and hold things, including a pokeball to catch free handed. Also sneaking hiding the player from humans.

Having trainers act separately from their pokemon. Pokemon go in turns, but trainers work on active time.

The ability to just straight up summon pokemon in order to catch or battle them

Chalice dungeons

The ability to customize clothing the player already owns, and be able to give fashion tips to rivals and stat trainers

Being able to manufacture your own TM's and TR's instead of just finding them

Enhanced movement abilities for the trainer instead of using ride pokemon.

• New types (I came up with six on my own: Virtual, Nuclear, Space, Light, Sound, and Bio)
  • The ability to rename any Pokémon regardless of who the OT is
  • With regards to events: After the event is over, release a patch that lets the player catch the Pokémon they missed
  • Amiibo support, maybe?

Support Pokemon
Not like having one of your other pokemon on standby to boost you or whatever, I mean an entire new subset of pokemon species whose sole function is acting as support. I imagine them as being tiny, unable to battle themselves, so instead they partner with regular pokemon in a symbiotic relationship. They would have unique skills meant to boost regular pokemon in various ways- maybe they increase their stats, or boost moves of a certain type, or maybe they attack with your pokemon to deal just a little extra damage. Maybe they do quirkier things, like increase your odds of encountering a certain type of pokemon, occasionally find items for you, or have a chance of giving your pokemon a random berry in battle.

I would have it so they basically "attach" to a pokemon- like if they were a sort of flea or a Neopets' petpet. And you would find them attached to wild pokemon which you would then have to capture in order to get the support-mon, which could then freely be removed to be given to a different pokemon like a held item, but cuter.

More Baby Pokemon
Specifically the ones everyone always asks for- Lapras, Miltank/Tauros, and Kangaskhan.
I wasn’t initially for the support Pokemon idea, it reminded me too much of the Minicons from one of the Transformers seasons back in the early 2000s. But, like all good posts, you got me thinking, and now I’m looking for a way to make this work as well as incorporate the baby idea.

Basically my thought is this support mechanic could allow you to attach certain smaller mons to larger ones in place of an item to give some sort of a boost similar to Parental Bond (not sure if Gen 6 or 7’s version considering it costs the item slot but doesn’t give a stat boost the way mega stones do).

Some of the support mon could be new creatures, but it could be a great way to repurpose the babies of past gens to give them a use besides cute fodder (which I am already all for btw). Each support could do a second attack a la Parental Bond but depending on which baby you use it could produce an extra effect, for example:

Pichu: adds Static to the Pokémon it’s supporting - contact moves have a 30% chance of paralysis

Azurill: If the Pokémon it’s supporting is Water type, the type changes to Normal. Any second type is left as is.

Since Kangaskhan kind of served as the inspiration for all this, this is where Baby Khan comes in along with the prevo connecting Miltank and Tauros.

We should overhaul the interface a bit and add additional icons to show weather, terrain, and other battlefield status like Pokemon Masters does, instead of relying on having several texts all the time. Also there should be an icon or some explanation for contact Special moves, or non-contact Physical.

to drink water/soda/lemonade, you have no idea how much I wanted to do that is the games, why cant i drink it?

As we have the water bike is Swsh why not air bike?

F9394832-AEC9-4600-95D4-5EF90A655A79.gif

I’d like to see Masters connect with Pokémon Home in a similar way that Go does. Sync pairs could be transferred in as the Pokémon with its partner as its OT.

There were a couple of events that acted similarly. Most revolved around Ash but you also had standouts like Whitney’s Miltank and Lance’s Dragonite. Stuff like that is really cool in my opinion.

I want an area in the post game where you can find version exclusives, the other legendary, and the other starters etc. I also want a NPC you could pay to do trade evolutions with you, or something like that, so I could complete the dex without buying the other game, or having to trade, since like a lot of pokemon fans, I don't have that many Pokemon interested friends.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom