• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Witchhunt -- GAME OVER: MAFIA WIN 12/15/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenicks

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
Hosted by @Phoenicks; and @Light Bringer;

WitchHunt is a different strand of mafia from the one usually played on Bulba.
In brief:
  • There is no Outside Communication (PMs, Quicktopics, IMs). Do not PM.
  • This is an Open-Role game (Look below). There are no secrets.
  • Each person gets their own QuickTopic. They may use actions and communicate with the hosts in it.
  • Roles (and alliances) are not revealed upon death.
  • The mafia may sacrifice one of their members for an extra nightkill and to pierce almost all forms of nightkill protection.
So it’s different.

The rules (borrowed partially from Zenax):
1. To vote, bold “Vote: Player” or “Unvote: Player”.
2. Day Phases last 48 hours. Night Phases last 24 hours. The thread is closed during Night Phases.
3. A lynch takes a majority of votes rounded up: (Number of Players)/2 + 1
4. When the decisive vote, aka the “hammer,” is placed the game moves into twilight. No votes may be changed in twilight. The lynched player is considered dead. Certain roles activate during twilight. Twilight ends when the host (Light Bringer or I) updates.
5. You may only deadtalk for two posts. You may not reveal any information while dead.
6. Be absent for 72+ hours without explanation and you may be subbed out.
7. Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated. This includes not playing to your win condition.
8. Claiming a role is fine, however, sharing screenshots of any PM the hosts send is forbidden, including Role PM's.
9. The hosts @Phoenicks; and @Light Bringer; reserve the right to edit these rules as they see fit.
10. No Screencaps etc.

To show that you've read the rules, play well and have fun.
Update time is at 10 PM EST.

Players:
1. @KidBeano; Vanished Night 4
2. @jda95; Lynched Day 7
3. @Paperhorse; Vanished Night 6
4. @Mijzelffan; Eaten by the Werewolf during Day 3.
5. @Hitomi; Lynched on Day 5
6. @Sputnik; Vanished Night 6
7. @Rio Kamishiro; Vanished on Night 3
8. @FinalArcadia; Vanished during Night 1.
9. @Andrea Luminosity; Vanished during Night 2.
10. @Kyouhei!; Lynched during Day 2.
11. @Soulmaster; Eaten by the Werewolf Day 4.
12. @Akuraito; Eaten by the Werewolf Day 6
13. @Neon Borealis; Killed in Endgame
14. @Master Mew; Vanished on Night 5
15. @Ryoga Kamishiro; @Dark Blueberry; Vanished on Night 4
16. @HumanDawn; Vanished Night 6
17. @Buoy; Vanished Night 6
18. @Aelita; Vanished Night 6
19. @Elysion; Vanished on Night 3
20. @GliscorMan; WINS THE GAME
21. @Croag;ily Vanished Night 6
22. @TheMissingno.; Vanished on Night 4

Subs:

Phase Changes:

The Roles:

Werewolf Faction
werewolf2.png
As his own faction, he wants to remain hidden and wins by eliminating all other players. He has one ally – his puppet. When his puppet is alive, the Werewolf has PERMANENT LYNCH AND NIGHTKILL PROTECTION. The Werewolf may still be killed by piercing-empowered sacrifice kills or a bomb. His defenses are great – but needing to use it might expose him. Should this happen he’s not defenseless: by correctly naming the role a player has, he will “eat” them. If a player is eaten then their on-death ability WILL NOT ACTIVATE. And, if the Werewolf successfully eats someone, he is completely protected for that dayphase and the following nightphase.
Because his powers are great, he may only attempt to eat one player every day. If the werewolf is somehow exposed, then he may only eat a player in his first post or within the first 12 hours of a phase – whichever comes first. It’s recommend that he wait to use this power until he absolutely needs it – use it before and the other factions will conspire to kill you.

I.e.: The werewolf is completely invincible for a full cycle (day and night) after he successfully eats someone. He is partially invincible while his puppet lives (only sacrifice-empowered kills and bomb revenge kills can hurt him). He is completely vulnerable when his puppet is dead and he has not eaten someone.

puppet2.png
You’re The Werewolf’s only ally and share his win condition. Even if the werewolf is exposed, as long as you’re safe there’s very little that can be done to him. Your two-shot lie detection and one-shot rolecop check is meant to help you gather information. You can use your rolecop check to find a safe fakeclaim.

Note: If the puppet and a townie (who is not the Hero) are the last players alive, then the puppet breaks the tie and wins.

Witch Faction (Mafia)
There are 5 mafia. To win they have to eliminate the town and werewolf factions. Every night they may kill one player. However, they may also decide to sacrifice one of their own for an extra nightkill. All nightkills on made when the mafia sacrifice WILL PIERCE ALL PROTECTIONS (unless the werewolf successfully ate someone on that day.) This power lets the mafia sacrifice someone sure to be lynched in exchange for nailing one more enemy.

bookkeeper2.png
The Bookkeeper’s results will come the day after he makes a kill. He will not receive any results if he is sacrificed or if your target was “Executed”. He can use this information to lead the mafia – or at least avoid being caught lying about his role.

thirdwheel2.png
Now, if someone fails to be lynched, they may be the Werewolf or The Third Wheel. The Third Wheel will know who the lovers are – giving him the choice between nailing both and losing his protection or keeping them alive so he can survive. If he is executed or eaten, however, his protection will not work even if the lovers are alive. If the lovers are dead he makes a great candidate for a sacrifice.

assassin2.png
This gives the mafia an extra incentive to sacrifice. If they’ve already sacrificed twice then the Assassin is the best candidate for a sacrifice. He may be the most powerful Mafioso.

mafiabomb2.png
The bomb’s revenge kill won’t go off if he’s sacrificed, but it will if he’s lynched. His kill even pierces ALL of the Werewolf’s protections, giving the Werewolf something extra to worry about. His kill is described exactly the same as the town’s bomb’s revenge kill.

witch2.png
This role gives cop (Marshall) and doctor room to pause. If no one is nightkilled the doctor can’t always trust that his protected target was saved. If the mafia know when the martyr dies, then not killing and activating this power might work better than a sacrifice kill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Witchhunt Sign-Ups 11/9/12 (Month/Date/Year)

Town Faction

marshal2-1.png
The Marshal checks one player every night and learns if they are “GOOD” or “EVIL”. Villagers inspect as “GOOD;” Witches and Werewolves as “EVIL” without any specifying which evil. There are no alliance-hiding roles and so his checks will always be true. The Marshal gets his information at the beginning of the day in his Quicktopic. Beware claiming early since the mafia can bypass protections.

sheriff2.png
The Sheriff selects two players at night and receives a “YES/NO” to the question “Are these two players on the same faction?” The Sheriff MAY NOT compare any player to a dead player or himself. He may not check the same player twice. The Town, Witches, and Werewolves all count as separate factions. Knowing players to be on different factions will not confirm one – and knowing two players to be on the same faction will not tell you what faction they’re on. Your best bet may be to cross players you’re relatively certain of with players you are not.

informant2.png
The existence of this role gives one of the cops breathing room. Without private communication, the Informant has to support the sheriff/marshal is without appearing to know who they are. If someone fakes a claim to that role, the Informant can come clear to back up the real one. Mind, if the real cop claims to be the Informant, the Informant should not counterclaim to protect the cop.

doctor2.png
A standard protection role. He can protect anyone, including himself, on any night. However, if the witches choose not to kill on a night that the doctor protects himself, the doctor will die instead. He’s got a risk – protect an unknown, or risk killing himself?

bulletproof2.png
This role is uniquely protected. As long as more than one Mafioso survives, he can’t be nightkilled unless the mafia sacrifice. The Bulletproof townie, however, can still be eaten by the werewolf. Since you’re protected, try to draw a little more heat to bluff the mafia into killing you. Your protection won’t last into endgame anyways.

executioner.png
Anyone killed by the Executioner is considered to be killed at Twilight and will not be revealed to the Informant and Bookkeeper. The executioner’s kills will pierce the Third Wheel’s lover protection – but not the werewolf’s puppet protection. The town should not intentionally not lynch to activate the Executioner, but the executioner should almost always use his power when he has it. It can be much easier for one person to kill a Mafioso than to argue the case in public.

mortician1.png
He receives his checks after the dayphase is over. Like the Bookkeeper, the Mortician will not receive information about roles killed by the Executioner.

survivor2.png
Now, when someone fails to be lynched, they can be the Witches’ Third Wheel, the Werewolf, or the Survivor. If the Survivor is the Lover and his partner dies, then he loses one of his two lives, but survives if he has his second. If that wasn’t enough:

gallis2.png
Someone who isn’t lynched could be the Third Wheel, the Werewolf, the Survivor, or the Gallis. Gallis can be a great fakeclaim because the only way to prove it is to vote the faker with the second-highest number of votes.

townbomb2.png
Exactly like the mafia bomb, this role will kill a selected target after death. His kill goes through the werewolf’s protections, giving the town one last chance in endgame. When killed, his revenge kill will look exactly like the mafia bomb’s revenge kill. Beware that being eaten by the werewolf will prevent your kill from going off.

innocentchild2-1.png
If the Innocent Child has his role confirmed by the hosts, then the Werewolf can not eat him. The innocent child should expect a sacrifice-empowered kill to target him the night after he exposes himself. So he can intentionally try to draw some attention before claiming. (Remember, no PMs.) The Innocent Child can alternatively try to save his confirmation until the end of the game, when having a confirmed player can win the game for the town. Whe the role is used, the amount of time left in the day will be reset so players have a time extension.

martyr2.png
The Martyr may sacrifice himself by publicly activating in thread by saying “Martyr Activation.” NO ONE MAY FAKE A MARTYR ACTIVATION UNDER PENALTY OF MODKILL. Once the Martyr activates, there is no deactivating: he will die at the end of the phase, and he must choose a target to be lynched. The lynch, for the purposes of roles, acts like a normal lynch.

guardianangel2.png
If the mafia sacrifice on the night of the Angel’s protection, however, their kills will pierce it. Nobody will know when this role is activated, so the Guardian Angel should try to be killed quietly so that the mafia don’t know when to sacrifice. With the Guardian Angel, if the mafia don’t kill in the night, they’ve either hit the Bulletproof, the Werewolf, the Doctor’s protected, or the Angel has activated.

hero2.png
The Hero gives the town one last chance when things look bad, and gives the Werewolf and Witch factions something to worry about. Since he’s powerless otherwise, the Hero can choose to pretend to be a power role to protect the real power roles.

townidiot2.png
The idiot’s protections are exactly reversed: he is ONLY protected on nights when the mafia would otherwise pierce all protections. Like the Hero and Informant, the Idiot should try to draw mafia attention so that the important roles can survive.

Lovers
lovers.png
The lovers are RNG’d from all non-mafia players. The Third Wheel will know who they are but not what roles they have. The two lovers automatically share a QT with which they may message each other. If one lover should die, the other lover will automatically die (unless the survivor has a second life.) The Werewolf and Puppet may become lovers.
If the Werewolf or Puppet become lovers, then their lover will switch factions entirely and join the Werewolves. This gives the Werewolves a crucial extra ally, but a huge weakness: if the werewolf or puppet’s lover dies, then the werewolf or puppet will die too.

Last edited:

This sounds very interesting. In, please. :)

Sure, but there's no way you read all the roles in the 3 minutes after it was posted. ;p

I read them after I signed up. XD

Confirming my reservation ^_^

I'd like to play, please :)

I'd like to play.

The lack of private communication is really intriguing.

I would like to substitute.

Confirming my spot.

That's just holy epic awesome!! Can I book mark this? I'd love to refer to the roles when I host future games XDD

I'll join as a sub.

That is one big wall of text o_O *skims and will go back through when role is gotten*

Well I think I'd like to play. No I refuse to play well

This looks really interesting... If I could join, that would be much appreciated! ^^; Thanks.

Confirming my reservation. :)

Oh my, so many interesting roles... and no private communications... This will be very interesting indeed. Count me in.

Count me in, please. I love open setups.

I'd like in.

In please.

It does sound intriguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom