• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups With Great Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
@Flaze @Kana-chan @MatrixChap @leetic @Silent Winter @Prez @Midorikawa @SpatiallyRendering @Kimono Dragon @Lyrebird @Infinity Storm @Isaac Gates

What makes a person a hero? Was it having the power to do what was right? Or the will to try? Maybe both?

Maybe heroes were just a myth; people with delusions of grandeur about solving the world's problems. Nihilistic as that was, it held some merit for the populace of the metropolitan area.

Whatever the case, those worries weren't the forefront of anyone at this club. From when the sun rose to when it set completely were the working hours of the place. Lounges, TVs, video games, a bar - everything you needed to have fun was here.

And it was for those special individuals with powers, who sought a place to belong. At least, that's what was advertised.

This evening, things were happening as per the usual. People were inside, enjoying themselves, and the workers there were making sure everyone got what they wanted.

Adisa had just finished an order, setting the food down on a tray. "Order up: nachos!" He called out, prompting a male to come over and retrieve the food with a loud, obviously inebriated thanks.

Giving him acknowledging smile, Adisa made his way back into the kitchen. More orders to fill, after all.

(OOC: Just basically have your character be in the hangout or just arrive.)

Karina walked in, trying to stay casual. She read the advertisement; it seemed like a good enough place to make her living.

But there was a feeling of awkwardness, since where she had come from, there weren't many friends or conversations. But somehow she knew deep inside that here would be made new friends, perhaps even some who would learn to bear with her powers, awkward as they may be.

So she simply stepped up to the counter and said, "I'll take an order of fries, please."

Natasha yawned slightly, stretching her arms out as she realized there were still quite a few hours before closing time, she wasn't feeling too well on that day even though normally she had fun behind the bar. "Hey Adisa, how much you wanna bet something interesting will happen tonight?" she said absentmindedly as she peeked through the door that separated the kitchen from the bar. "Like, something game changing or something like that," she said. That's when she heard Karina's order. "Sure thing, and welcome by the way," she stated with a kind smile. "Adisa, fries on the double!" she called out.

Adisa had gotten a fresh batch of fries rather quickly. "Dunno. Never called myself a betting man," he said from the kitchen. "Let's see what Lady Luck's got up her sleeve tonight."

He slid the fries over to Karina. "Order of fries for you, little lady," he said with a smile. "Want anything else with it?"

Leah had been at the hangout earlier that day as she was working on new mixtures for the coffee bar. She was quietly working to herself as she made a cinnamon flavored cappuccino. She needed to make some more adjustments to it, but progress was slowly being made. She couldn't make a living by slacking off on the job.

"Salt," she said, before remembering something. "Please. And I'll have tea." She glanced at Natasha. "You've got a cute face."

"If lady luck was on our sides, we'd all be rich," Leah called out with an amused tone in her voice.

"Well you kind of need one for this type of job you know," Natasha pointed out confidently before shrugging slightly. "Hey Le-" she turned towards Leah before realizing she was working on her own things. "Nevermind," she stated before walking around to prepare Karina's tea.

"I'd like to think that we're rich in other ways," Adisa said, leaning on the counter. "Everyday above ground is a good one, ya know?"

"That is also true," Leah answered back, "It just wouldn't hurt to have a little extra cash on the side. Oh, hey Tash!"

(OOC: I'm going to head off to bed soon. Most likely will post again tomorrow in the afternoon, EST.)

Karina, munching her fries slowly, asked a simple request. "So where do I sleep? Oh, and can you make sure that tea is sweet? I like it real sweet."

Xavier walked inside, with a remote in his hand and a drone flying next to him. "Just point to a garage to store my gadgets," he said. "Oh, and I'd like a cup of ostfriesen tea."

Allo nodded towards the older man, working on the tea. "Coming right up, sir."

Adisa pointed his finger at the drone languidly. "You're gonna have to deactivate that thing, sir. Club rules."

"So this is the club? Looks pretty normal considering what was advertised. Not very impressive," Grim commented loudly as he walked in. He was dressed in his usual style of a large hoodie, so large one could not see a bit of his face. They could however see the hood moving in the directions he decided to look. His hands in his pockets, and a lazy posture showed he was disinterested in the place.

"Hey, you were the one that chose to come here." Allo pointed out drily, handing the tea to the professor.

"If you don't like it, you can leave you know," Leah remarked. She normally was a friendly person, but she couldn't tolerate people who were so negative and judgmental. This was supposed to be a place where people could relax and enjoy themselves.

"I already got him the tea," Allo deadpanned, gesturing to Xavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom