• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbs up

Anyone who wants to join is free to, but we have enough to start with. Starts should be up sometime later today or tomorrow.

Oh my god, I keep forgetting to work on a sign up for this. I really want to do it, I just can't come up with a power that I'm actually interested in doing.

@SpatiallyRendering That's all good, take your time! Even when it's started, you'll have time to think it over. Sign-ups are open for a good long while even after the start of the RP.

or I could rng it, I'm completely kidding tho.

Last edited:
Name: Michael Ayers
Sex/Gender: male

Appearance: Michael is about six feet tall and has a slightly athletic build, close-cropped medium length brown hair, brown eyes, and a light beard. He wears a plain red long-sleeved shirt and red pants. He also has red travelling boots, which stop about a couple inches below his calves, and red fingerless gloves. And completing his look is a deep crimson longcoat with lighter red trim (think of Kirito's longcoat in the Aincrad arc of Sword Art Online, but red instead of black). When going into a fight, he presses a button hidden in his coat's collar, summoning his cybernetic "Falcon Suit", designed and created by his brother-in-law Daniel (cybernetics and helmet) and his twin sister/Daniel's wife (clothes):
Captain_Falcon_character_portrait.png

The suit is colored in various shades of red and lacks the image's gun, holster, scarf, and pauldron, and features no design on the back. The cybernetics will be detailed later.

Power: Michael is a pyrokinetic, able to generate and manipulate flames with his mind. While his control over his own flames is great, he does not know how or even if he can control flames from other sources. His main tricks with fire are run-of-the-mill fireballs and firewalls, and he can even replicate the effects of the Falcon Punch, Falcon Kick, and Raptor Boost. While his power does provide limited resistance against heat and fire, he can be overwhelmed, and extended use of his power-enhanced melee strikes may overheat and potentially damage the suit's cybernetics. The use of his powers burns through a lot of calories, requiring Michael to maintain a high-carb diet to use his powers.

Skills: Michael is a somewhat competent hand-to-hand fighter, able to hold his own against the average thug. However, aside from his Falcon Punch, Falcon Kick, and Raptor Boost, more skilled opponents will have the upper hand if a fight comes to blows. As a result, Michael is training in multiple fighting styles to improve in order to be a better hero.

Call Sign: Blaze Falcon

Suit's Cybernetics: The main suit contains an experimental version of Daniel's clothing cybernetics prototype. While the main prototype is meant for helping those with physical disabilities, the Falcon Suit enhances the wearer's strength and speed to match the best strength and speed of non-powered humans in recorded history. However, extended use causes increased strain on the wearer's muscles. Also of note is that there are limiters to keep the enhancements at that level, but they can be disabled, allowing those limits to be surpassed; doing this causes great strain and can even severely tear the muscles, potentially irreparably.

The soles of the boots have two miniature booster jets each. These jets have three distinct uses: a brief horizontal glide along the ground, primarily for the grounded Raptor Boost; a brief horizontal glide three feet through the air, primarily for the midair Raptor Boost; and a single midair jump. The jets can only be used once on a single charge, and recharge over ten minutes through kinetic energy; this takes longer when the wearer is not in motion, taking as long a one day. The kinetic energy recharge only functions when the suit is active, recharging slowly when it's not.

The helmet is the only piece that's not truly cybernetic. It contains a miniature computer that interfaces directly to the wearer's brain. It links to only one user by scanning the wearer's unique brainwave patterns, connecting the two to a secure private neural network. This allows Michael control of the boot jets, emergency limiter override, and complete access to the suit's status on the inside of the visor. The visor itself is a special two-way mirror displaying white triangles over Michael's eyes, which can narrow and widen as his actual eyes do. The helmet also has a voice modulator to disguise his voice and a built-in communicator to stay in contact with his allies.

Last edited:
@Warrior of Fire; So here's the thing. Your power has the potential to become really OP, not just can he learn new skills for himself through his transformations, the fact that he can turn into video game characters (while an interesting concept) has the potential to be used to get away with a lot of things. You're not denied but we do recommend you come up with a new power.

I thought I had something workable going here, but I guess my idea ended up too grandiose (darn these writer instincts!). I'll try to think of something different or find some way to tone down my original idea so it's as broken as as it potentially is right now (I'm thinking something along the lines of the koopas for a retool or boring old pyrokinesis for a replacement). Once I've got something, I'll make the needed changes.

Name: Viola Barker
Sex/Gender: Female

Appearance: She's a relatively pretty woman, standard protagonist stuff. Her chest-length hair is a chocolate brown, and her skin a much lighter, yet cocoa, color. Her eyes, very blue, are striking, and she gets many compliments, and overall comments on them. I could go into much more detail on her face, but I don't really think that's necessary. Again, your average protagonist, and although she's really short, she's very slim as well, because of course she is. (In-universe, it's because she does, in fact, take very good care of her body) Height, to be specific, is 4'11", which bothers her.

Power: It's just flight. The pseudo-scientific answer is that her body has found a way to manipulate air into a propulsion system to move her however she wants, however, she has no idea, she just wills herself to fly and she does it. And while it has its benefits, she does not have any of the powers that your stereotypical flying superhero has, so no epic scene where she holds a falling plane up, she too, would be crushed by said plane. Yeah, flight, and exclusively flight. When comfortable using her powers, she often uses them to hover at around 5'5". Probably most useful as a scout.

Skills: Totally unrelated to her powers, because she was a psych major, and was very good at it, she does know how to read people well, not just a false sense of understanding. Also, side note, whenever she would come across a loss, she would keep it too close to her heart, so it's fortunate that she grew up a foster child. Oh wait, did I forget to mention that? Yeah. She was an orphan, and, as statistics would have it, she got arrested a couple times, and is also prone to addiction, a former teenage alcoholic. This is why her username, <littleorphanannie>, is what it is, as she's making jokes about the single hardest part of her life.

Call Sign: None.

Other: I just want to add that I have a weird contempt for this character, probably because she's so boring, to be honest, I could have come up with something so much more original, but I also want to see how this contempt will affect the way I write her. Whatever.

@SpatiallyRendering You're free to give her wind powers if it's the power you're worried about.

Otherwise, accepted. Feel free to just jump into the start-up.

Do your thing, friendo

Name: Zsadist
Sex/Gender: MAle

Appearance:
800ae313e29e09fb30491b806b2f79f4--black-dagger-brotherhood-book-characters.jpg

Power: None known.

Skills: He's strong, and like Ghost, good at getting things done. He's an absolutely amazing cook, especially with sweets. His sweets are heaven sent. He's also good at caring for people and knows sign language.

Call Sign: Pink Cupcake if he ever has one.

Made some adjustments to my original character, and it mentions another character who's not planned to be a fighter and play more of a support role, although he can fight if he needs to.

Name:
Daniel Daily
Sex/Gender: male

Appearance: Daniel stands 5'8" with an athletic build, shoulder-length orange hair, and brilliant orange eyes. He keeps his clothes casual, mostly t-shirts and jeans, although he tends to gravitate towards orange.

Power: Daniel is what one of his friends calls a "Master Builder", comparing his power to that of the characters of The LEGO Movie: Daniel can see what different parts are at a glance and how best they may fit together for a project he's working on. His power draws him fully into his work when it activates, essentially putting him into a trance. He's used his power to develop brand new and greatly durable vehicles, phones, and computers, as well as make breakthroughs in cybernetics - both prosthetics and prototypes within clothing - and improvements in holographic technology. It cannot be used to create weapons.

Skills: Daniel has an analytical mind even without his powers. Michael often says that he's who tech support calls when they need tech support. He's also a skilled amateur wrestler, undefeated in both high school and college. He keeps practicing every day to stay sharp in case he ever needs to fight.

Call Sign: none

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom