• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups With Great Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yun

Our World Is Worth Fighting For
Reaction score
@Mad Max @Naoto @Prez @Ananfal @Midorikawa @Flaze

Here's the TL;DR: the chat's open for people with superpowers, works like a normal IM service, isn't traceable by the gov't, the second part of the post is for people who are new to it, and you chat under a screen name of your choosing. We don't care how you format your posts [much] - have fun with it.

If you're new, or are a person who's already been a part of the chat, either is fine.

A chat screen opened on the computers of the various individuals who logged on. This secure IRC-like channel, supposedly safe from the prying eyes of the government.

Whatever the case was, the channel was now live, and people were able to talk freely with one another.

Every function on the channel worked much like you would expect an IM service to work. There was a global chat, and the ability to create private rooms for anyone you chose to. Everyone had screennames that they could post under, being able to maintain their anonymity.

It was more or less inconspicuous, but those who entered were invited to do so. This chat was for one overarching purpose that everyone understood; for all to make a difference in a world filled with extraordinary people. To help be active in bringing about peace.

This was supplied to them by a person who called themselves Glitch.

For those who booted up the IRC for the first time, the chat would display this message.

Welcome to this unnamed chat. Sorry, I would've come up with something snappy for it, but names aren't really my forte.

I'm Glitch. You would've gotten my secret message to you. Whether you come from a family of heroes, or are someone out on the street, it doesn't matter. You were chosen because you have what it takes to make a difference.

I'm not going to wax poetic to you anymore, so all you need to know are the rules. Said rules can be found on the sidebar. Pick a screenname and have fun talking to the [15] others.

Enjoy yourself. You deserve it.

</ Glitch>

1. Don't be too much of an ass.
  2. Sell out anyone here, and you're done.
  3. Prejudices ain't welcome. Keep your insults socially agnostic.
  4. Don't ask to be a mod.

Kalyani stretched her arms above her head as she plopped down into her computer chair. After a day of hard work, it was time to boot up the old chat again. She would chat under the handle of <Bunnyani>.

When she opened the screen, she noticed that the number of members increased. That made her smile a bit, and she was quick to greet them in the chat.

<Bunnyani>: Hi there, new people! Welcome to the chat with no-name! ^.^
<Bunnyani>: Don't ask about the no-name part, please.

Last edited:
Charlize Skarsgard sat in the living room of a rundown apartment, occupied only by her and the polar opposite counterpart of hers, Valravn Skarsgard. The fraternal twins sat across from eachother on surprisingly nice looking laptops, considering where they were taking up residence. Perhaps respectively, their on-screen names correlated with eachother, in a comically cheesy way. N was Red Eyes Black Dragon, and Lee was Blue Eyes White Dragon. Anyone would be able to guess the reference, quite obviously.

<Red Eyes Black Dragon>: Yo
<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: hey kali, don't take anything my emo hipster twin says seriously and you won't be disappointed!
<Red Eyes Black Dragon>: Said the emo hipster mother to her emo hipster children. lol

Lee gave N the look. He just stared back at her with a lazy smirk.

Last edited:
A few of the newer people began to talk in the chat. One of the comments was 'who's glitch?'.

<Bunnyani>: The one who made the chat
<Bunnyani>: He's a cool guy. Or girl. Never really told us

Another comment was 'whos a mod here?'.

<Bunnyani>: I'm one. : ) Hi there.

<Warper>: I'm not a mod, but I've been here a couple of years. I could maybe answer some questions.

Raikus had stumbled upon this chat and the people in it a while ago, his talents hard to hide. Especially when he used them to help out, as he always did. He couldn't just stand back and watch people die.

He routinely travelled the country, updating his mental map, making sure what whatever large scale threat broke out, he could be there if needed.

<Warper>: Call me if you need help elsewhere. I'm almost always on.

<Bunnyani>: Warp's a little weird, be careful. : P

It was clear that she was being playful.

<GIT-R-DONE> There's actually someone normal in this chat? Since when.

Ghost unlike the others was not actually typing himself. Instead his right hand man typed for him. As for responses? The computer read each one out to him. Or rather each one his man clicked on. He could type himself, as he knew where the keys were, but it was a pain to do, and a pain to try to click the messages to read. This was fine though. He said what he wanted, and his enforcer got to comment as well. Everyone in the chat who had been around knew that it was two people using one account. They merely made sure to make it obvious which was talking. By color. Ghost typed in white and his enforcer in black.

Alexa sighed loudly as she fell down on her bed, laptop on he rlap as she laid her head back, trying hard not to fall asleep right away. Long days where she had a lot of work to do always did a number on her, and much more after having to essentially remake her company's security network. "Whoever made that mess should burn," she had said earlier that day and her thought was the same.

However, she decided to check up on the chat before going to bed, at least to make sure that everything was in order, it was something she had to do as a mod.

<Visual>: Oh wow, we got new people here :O nice to meet you newbies

She sent the message and immediately yawned before making a private chat with Kalyani.

<Visual>: Found anymore info on villains, Ka-I mean, Bunny

Last edited by a moderator:
Kaly responded to Ghost's message rather quickly.

<Bunnyani>: I'm as normal as they get.

Then, she pulled up the private chat and responded to Visual's message.

<Bunnyani>: Glitch hasn't changed much. I think a new update's coming soon
<Bunnyani>: These guys are getting scarier.

Alexa had to agree with what Kaly was saying, it was a bit stressful really, almost as if all their efforts were in vain. Nevertheless, she tried to shake those thoughts off.

<Visual>: I know wha tyou mean, I saw an article online talking about some guy that could create tornadoes...that's just crazy. Well, hopefully the new guys can help.

She said th elast part with some hesitancy. While she tried to reassure hersel fwith the fact she helped in scouting people out she did feel bad that she couldn't actively do anything herself.

<GIT-R-DONE> And I'm blind.

This was actually true, but they didn't know that. He never did explain why he had to share with someone.

<GIT-R-DONE> For the new people: If you ever want something delicious to eat then let my partner know and he might cook something for you and send it to you. Hello.

This was true and anyone who had his enforcers cooking could attest to it.

Hearing a ring from his phone he sighed. Another job. Good thing he could multitask.

Winnie was sipping on her coffee, glancing down at the laptop on her bed. However, a very similar voice echoed in her mind before she could do anything. She sighed.

"Tell them I say hello," said the voice. Winnie glanced down at the floor to find Twix, her dachshund there. Twix looked up at her expectantly, continuing her use of telepathy. "You're going to, right?"

"Sure, sure," Winnie said, rolling her eyes. That was when the members of the chat would see her come online.

<winniexoxo>: hey dudes what's up
<winniexoxo>: twix told me to tell yall she says hi

Kaly responded to Winnie, first.

<Bunnyani>: Tell that beautiful baby I said hihi! : D

Then, she went back to Alexa.

<Bunnyani> to <Visual>: Nobody's been doing much. Just kinda railing against society, but not much else. I think we should start recruiting soon.

Last edited:
Lucas was typing on his phone while laying in bed in his room.

<DragonPunch> Who wants to be normal anyway? People would kill to have abilities like ours! XD

Bunny Yani's post and replied.

<DragonPunch> It's quiet for now, but i gotta keep up my training so i can spring into action the moment someone needs help! :p

Kaly addressed everyone in the private chat, separate from the global.

@Mad Max @Naoto @Prez @Ananfal @Midorikawa @Flaze

<Bunnyani>: So, I know we keep talking about getting together to figure out a game plan. But, I think tonight, we should really start doing it.
<Bunnyani>: Also, was Hades the god of death or the underworld? totally not homework related, i swear

<Red Eyes Black Dragon> Technically Thanatos is the god of death, but I guess Hades kinda falls into both of those categories. Officially god of the underworld tho
<Blue Eyes White Dragon> don't quote him on that btw

N rolled his eyes at his twin.

<Warper>: He was also the god of precious metals like gold, since everything under the earth's crust fell under his domain. He's often the most underrated of the 3 brothers.

Raikus smiled slightly. He loved mythology, and just knowledge in general. He knew all sorts of random facts. Almost like a little miniature Google. He thought it had something to do with his ability to remember locations in such detail that he could warp to them, and thus he ended up having a good memory for things in general.

<Warper>: As for getting together: tell me when and where, and I can get us all there.

Kaly wrote down the answer the group gave her that totally wasn't related to homework at all, then typed out her reply.

<Bunnyani>: I'm not telling you where I live, warp. I can take a bus.

After all, they were all in the same city.

<Warper>: Assuming I don't already know. ;)

He grinned. Yes, that was sufficiently creepy enough.

Viola booted up her laptop, lying down in her bed. She was really drowsy, but she decided that she'd still get on the chat, I mean, why not? She rubbed some of the sleep out of her eyes, pushed some strands of her lengthy brown hair away, and logged on.

<littleorphanannie>: ugh i'm tired

Winnie sighed, typing more.

<winniexoxo>: aight, we just need a meet up place
<winniexoxo>: assuming we're all capable of adulting and getting there ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom