• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups With Great Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Visual>: Adulting's for weaklings

Alexa laid back on the bed, eyes staring up at the roof of her small apartment as she got up from the bed, though not before typing into her computer.

<Visual>: brb, gotta eat.

Rodrigo had arrived at his own apartment, having been out on his nightly run. He stretched a bit and got himself a bottle of water as he glanced towards his computer. He had joined the chat not too long ago, having gotten curious about working alongside other people who had powers like he did. He wanted to use them, he wanted to be able to make a difference, but most of all he wanted to get that trhill he enjoyed so much once more.

"Well, might as well give it a shot," he muttered to himself while drinking down a bottle of water as he opened up his laptop and plopped down on his couch with it. "Let's see what we've got here."

The first thing that jumped at him when he entered the chat was the mention that Kaly had done to everyone, inciting his curiosity. He got into the chat and smiled when he saw the request for everyone to meet.

<Fighter King>: Yo, if you guys want to meet up, I can always put up the place.

Kaly took a sip of her tea before typing.

<Bunnyani>: We can meet in Levinston Grove. Let's go to Clark's. The one by Barnes and Noble, not the one by KFC.

<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: question tho. is the meeting just for informational purposes? cause like it's gonna be such a waste if i can't punch this freeloader's lights out in teambuilding exercises, ya feel
<Red Eyes Black Dragon>: Last time I checked, I was the one who actually had a job in this relationship. Sis Lee is such a bad egg lol
<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: see, i thought you were the one that agreed to this 'tough love' thing the moment we were born dude??
<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: & yh, clark's works fine for us

Lee got up from her seat at the table to make the both of them dinner. Takeout was easy to get tired of after enough time, and out of the both of them, she was the only sibling that could whip up a good-tasting meal, since N had no idea in the seventh circle of hell how to operate in the kitchen. She got out a few ingredients and turned on the oven.

Raikus wracked his brain to see if he could remember where that was. Ah yes, he could easily get there.

<Warper>: If anyone does need transport, I'm always available. When will this meeting take place?
<Warper>: And I agree, I think more than information needs to be discussed and shared at this meeting.

<Bunnyani>: Umm... let's try for the weekend.

Twix floated up beside Winnie, and looked at the laptop.

"But I like the Clark's near the KFC," Twix commented, staring at the screen. Winnie chuckled at this.

"You're only saying that because you like the KFC," she said, smirking. "It's cool. We can get some after the meeting. My treat." Twix wagged her tail at this.

<winniexoxo>: cool. we're free this weekend
<winniexoxo>: hmu w the deets once you got em

<Warper>: Weekend is fine with me... Um, what's today again?
<Warper>: Don't blame me, I don't have a watch.

<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: d00d. if you're technologically capable using the chat i'm willing to bet that the os you're using has some shape or form of a calendar service lolol
<Red Eyes Black Dragon>: Am I wrong to assume that breaking the fourth law is technically illegal?

<Warper>: I don't have to take this abuse. *goes off in a huff*

And with that he went offline with a sigh and a slight smile, looking forward to the weekend to come.

<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: well we gotta jet anyways, it's dinnertime for us unfortunate twins :`-)
<Red Eyes Black Dragon>: Toodles~

The two of them went offline more or less at the same time, N going to set the table for their meal while Lee put the food on their plates. Ravioli it was, then.

<Bunnyani>: Sounds good, see you guys there. : )

Kaly logged off the chat, and turned back to her browser test. 14 questions down... 20 to go. Good.

The weekend came rather quickly. Everyone was set to meet at Clark's at around 2PM. It was 1PM now.

Kaly got off of the train at the stop. Walker Station was the newest addition to the train system, stopping a few blocks down from where she needed to be. She exited the metro plaza, laptop in her messenger bag and a nervous bounce to her step. She hadn't met any of them in real life, especially for something like this.

She lifted her phone, opening the chat.

<Bunnyani>: Just got off the metro, walking there now
<Bunnyani>: Setting up early

@Mad Max @Naoto @Prez @Ananfal @Midorikawa @Flaze @SpatiallyRendering

<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: omw
<Red Eyes Black Dragon>: ^

It should've come as no surprise that the twins would arrive at Clark's together, around ten minutes later than Kalyani. Neither of them knew her by face, but on the converse side, it would be very easy for the healer to spot either of them. No one had hair as naturally white as Lee; and besides, their builds and facial features were way too similar to be a coincidence. Both twins attempted to stay out of the sun for similar reasons, albeit in their own seemingly comical way - severe sunburn was a bitch, after all.

When the twins made their way to Clark's, what they would find wasn't a sparsely used hangout. Instead, there was a building that was crowded around, blocked off by police tape and the scorched interiors showing through blown-off door frames, massive holes in the wall, and broken windows.

Many in the crowd took pictures, all sharing what they found on social media.

Kaly, who had decided to move away from the crowd, typed into the chat.

<Bunnyani>: Change of plans, go to the one by KFC
<Bunnyani>: This one got bombed

Kaly then sighed, seeing as the Clark's near KFC was another ten minute walk. Part of her wanted to stay and learn more about the destruction, but when the investigators brought up the possibility of it being perpetrated by 'one of the freaks' - a lovely name for those with superpowers, she decided to turn in the opposite direction.

Now, they really had to get moving with their plan.

<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: ffs
<Blue Eyes White Dragon>: yeah ok

Lee led her sibling over to the KFC location, muttering profanities to herself the entire way.

"I thought that was the one we were going to," Ghost said as the message was read out. \

"NO IT WAS THE ONE BY BARNES AND NOBLES."

"...Well whatever. Lucky us we're already here," he responded to Z sipping on some coffee.

Raikus read the messages in the chat in a slight state of shock, hands shoved deep into his hoodie pockets. He could... Yeah, he could get there. Of course he could. Closing his eyes to bring up his mental map, he tried to concentrate enough to warp there, but couldn't manage it, still shaken from his close call earlier. It wasn't far, he could walk there. It would take him a bit to walk there, but he would make it. He had come here early enough... and it nearly got him killed. Shuddering deeply, Raikus began to move.

<Warper>: On my way. I was nearly in there when it... Yeah. I'm on my way.

Twix was happily prancing alongside Winnie, who was on her phone. Neither of them seemed too surprised at the news.

<winniexoxo>: okie dokie
<winniexoxo>: twix wanted some chicken anyway :L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom