• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups With Great Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viola was finally leaving her house, having slept in way too much, and then just staying in and watching TV for the rest of the day so far. She began to walk down towards the place that is currently a ruined mess, before haphazardly checking the chat on her phone while driving. She sighed, and changed course for the new destination, phone in hand.

The walk to the next Clark's would have a few strange sights.

For each of the group, a person performing some kind of superhuman feat - either displaying extreme levels of speed, inhuman strength, or enhanced durability - would be near them. Fleeting as these displays were, they would be noticeable to any who paid attention to it.

Kaly's walk would have gone more smoothly, if she wasn't unceremoniously knocked out of the way by a running person. It wasn't just a normal shove, either; this one sent her tumbling into the wall of a building. She swore, then looked up to see the person gone just as quickly.

"Fuck... ow, ow, ow," she muttered under her breathe. She touched her hand to her shoulder and began to mend the wound. A sense of relief washed over her, and she shook her head clear of the pain before standing to her feet. "Rude..."

Then, she walked up to the doors of the Clark's. She opened it, and found no one else there besides a worker. Perfect.

The girl took a seat at a table to the side. She took out a makeshift sign that she created, and put it on the table, then began to set up her laptop and snacks.

8RH84Rh.png

For the twins, they were staying out of the direct sunlight as much as possible, which meant they didn't get run over by someone else like in Kalyani's case. They did, however, watch as two hooligans raced down the street, knocking aside bystanders without a care.

They gave eachother inquisitive looks, but ultimately continued on, making it inside not long after Kalyani did. N waved as the two of them made their way over. Lee made to sit down, leaning back in the chair.

"Hi," they said in unison, but not without shooting dirty looks at eachother afterwards.

Fucking twin ESP.

"Oh!" Kaly looked up from her computer. "Hi. Are, you, uh... the twins? Red and Blue?"

"Yep," N answered with a lazy smirk. "Call me N. This albino demon thing sitting beside me is Lee."

"You spoil me with love, N, you really do." Lee deadpanned in a flat tone, shooting her twin a withering glance. He seemed to completely take it in stride.

Rodrigo's journey to the Clark's was a weird and troublesome one. Being relatively new to the city just trying ot find the first one they were going to was an ordeal for someone that had trouble with directions, finding the second one was just as big an ordeal. Two things confused him though, first the way everyone casually treated an explosion and second being the fact that he saw someone sipping around the streets like mad, he wasn't even able to see them properly.

This troubled him a bit but he decided to ignore it, it would be better if he talked it out with the others first after all.

It wasn't hard to find the place considering the large sign Kaly had set up. He immediately walked over to her and the twins, a smile on his face as he made his way over. "That has to be the most adorable sign I've seen in my life," he pointed out with a smirk. "Name's Rodrigo, I'm Fighter King in the chat."

Alexa's own trip went a bit smoother. For one she had overslept, which meant that by the time everyone decided to change the venue she was already late for the meetup anyway. Thankfully the Clark near the KFC was closer to her apartment, so she got there without too much trouble. At least that's what she would've wanted if she hadn't seen some guy mugging a poor couple in an alley, fists blaring with flames.

She was frustrated by the experience, having wanting to help but knowing there wasn't anything she could do in her near-powerless state.

She entered the Clark's, noticing Kaly and some others had already gathered. "Your sense of humor always amazes me Kaly," she pointed out with a slight grin as she walked over to hug the girl and then turned to the others. "You guys must be...actually I don't know who you all are," she stated, turning back to Kaly. "I saw something...unsettling on the way, I kind of want to discusss that once everyone arrives."

"You wound me," Lee muttered somewhat dramatically, but despite herself, smirked in Alexa's direction. "Oi. You could at least pretend to be happy to see me, you know."

"You shock me with new discoveries every day, sister dearest. Next you'll be telling me we're actually related." N responded in a mockingly serious tone. Lee simply rolled her eyes at him.

Raikus finally made it to the other Clark's, recovered somewhat from his near-deadly experience due to the refreshing walk. Taking a couple of deep breaths, he entered the building and immediately made his way over to the small group forming, giving a nod to Kaly and the others. "Raikus, also known as Warper or Warp Star. I was outside the other Clark's when it got exploded." He took another deep breath. "And I saw some people using their powers in public, and not in the good way we do. Something's going on."

Viola pulled onto a street, where there were a fair amount of stores, some apartment buildings, you know, the usual scenery, however, there was something odd. She saw a man pick up and throw a car randomly, smashing into a few rooms of an apartment building, potentially killing a few innocent people. Not good. Viola swore, and carefully followed traffic around this man, clearly strife with road rage, before she turned onto another road, this one with the KFC and the Clark's. She pulled into the nearest parking lot, and hurriedly walked over to the Clark's, pushing the door open and practically shouting, "You will never believe what I saw!"

Kaly cleared her throat a bit. "Well, it seems like everyone's crowding in, hehe," she said. She let out a breath before opening her laptop. "Have a seat. We, uh, have snacks here?" She said, holding up two giant bags of chips.

The table was big enough for everyone to sit there. She pulled up the method of note taking they would be doing; the all-powerful Google Docs.

Ghost listened to the sounds outside. Ones he couldn't fully identify easily. "My my it's getting quite intense." He then heard names he recognized being tossed around. He rose from his obscure corner booth in Clark's tapping Z who was hunched over a coloring book, and pointed in the direction of the voices.

"THERE IS A SIGN FOR A MEETUP. IT IS PRIBABLY THEM."

With that Z gathered his stuff and the two walked to the table. Silently sitting without greeting. Merely listening to what was being said.

"Um... ok. So, like, welcome to the meeting! Glad to, uh, have you guys here!" Kaly said. "So, we're here to talk about stuff going on around the, uh, city. And, how we can like... stop it?"

She clicked the inset for a bulleted list. "I guess we can make a, like, list? Of... stuff."

She was obviously a pro at this. "What's important...?" She muttered to herself, tapping her fingers on the keys.

Raikus sighed softly. "Are you asking about what's going on in the city that we should stop, or what we can do to stop it?" He asked to clarify her question, leaning back in the seat he had chosen, looking at all the other faces in the group. "Or both? Because sharing what we individually can do can go a long way towards coming up with cohesive and smart strategies."

"Um, how about starting with the bombing?" N began, if a little sheepishly, "Or we could-"

"-talk about the weird sightings of people displaying otherworldly feats," Lee finished for him. "Seriously, those guys were fucking rude. Warp does bring up a good point, though. We'll know how to better combat threats if we actually examine our individual strengths. At this point, hardly any of us know eachother, much less on a personal level."

She paused for a moment, shooting N a side glance, before directing her gaze back at the group. "No offense, but I trust most of you about as far as I can throw you."

Winnie entered the building, large sunglasses on, a couture purse slung over her shoulder. She was sipping on an iced coffee. Twix was walking beside her, wagging her tail.

"Oh, it is the humans!" Twix exclaimed. "They look.... uglier than I thought they would."

"Shhh," Winnie said to the dog. "Don't be mean."

The two walked up to Kaly's table. "Hey," said Winnie.

Kaly had almost forgotten that Winnie's dog was telepathic, thus a momentary confusion when the dog entered. Then, she started to write down what Warper said.

"Actually... can we all hear each other's names, first? I think it'd be a little weird talking to one another like we're still on screen."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom