• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

With Smash coming to Switch, What Pokemon would you like to see playable?

If Lucario and Mewtwo aren't in it to begin with, I'll personally burn Nintendo down. I'm a Fire Pokemon, I can legally do that

Pichu would be nice to see again. I'd also love, love, LOVE to see Incineroar! Every fiber of his design and being go into fighting, and I think he'd be a great combatant. I won't say much more than that, because Smash is very picky with their choice of mons in the roaster.

I just want to see Charizard's Final Smash changed to use Mega Charizard Y instead of X.
Think about it -- his Final Smash is basically a clone of Yoshi's where he flies around and breathes fire.

FLIES and breathes FIRE.

FLIES.

Returning Pokemon:
Pikachu
Charizard
Greninja
Lucario
Mewtwo

Removed Pokemon:
Jigglypuff (but this seems unlikely)

New Pokemon:
Before Pokken I would've said Decidueye, but I highly doubt they'd double dip. Now, I think the most likely candidates are:
Zeraora
Gen 8 Pokemon
(I'd also like to add Buzzwole and Incineroar as possibilities)

Marshtomp obviously. Marshtomp, stomps into battle!

From Alola, the only ones that I like and that look like a fighter are Decidueye, who is already on Pokken, and Turtonator, which is not that popular. Maybe they could do something with the Ultra Beasts, like a Nihilego that changes shape into them depending on the attack he uses. Or they could use the Nihilego-Lusamine fusion, even if that would be a bit dark.

I would not be surprised to see Ash's cap Pikachu.

I'd love to see Incineroar as a playable character. I think he would be perfect for a game like this.
I'm also hoping Lucario makes a return.

Pikachu and jigglypuff obviously have to return, no questions. As a character, I wouldn’t mind if mewtwo didn’t return, but as a fighter, I’d be sad, cuz I like his playstyle. Charizard I couldn’t care less about, there are too many gen 1 Pokémon as it is. Lucario is unfortunately too popular so I doubt they’d get rid of him, and I’m not sure about greninja, but I like him so I would be sad to see him go. As unlikely as it is, I would love to see squirtle and ivysaur return either as a set with charizard again or standalone. I was REALLY good with the Pokémon trainer in brawl, I would love to see them again. Pichu was adorable but pretty worthless, so he can stay out.

As for new Pokémon, I could see either Incineroar (if charizard gets cut) or decidueye (if he doesn’t). As much as it would annoy me, I could see zeraora as a fighter in this game. Other than that, I would really like to see more non-humanoid Pokémon, similar to ivysaur.

Also, not as a fighter, but I could TOTALLY see nebby being a poke ball Pokémon, where it evolves into either legendary and affects the stage.

Pikachu and Jigglypuff are obviously going to be in the game. I don't think that they're interested in getting rid of any characters that were in the original Super Smash Bros. They'll probably keep Mewtwo, although whether or not it will be DLC in the Switch game remains to be seen. I think Lucario has a pretty solid chance of sticking around given its popularity. Charizard will probably be available since it's one of the most popular and recognizable Pokemon around.

I'm not sure about Greninja. It is a popular Pokemon, but out of all of the Pokemon that were in the previous Super Smash Bros. it seems like the most likely candidate to be replaced in favor of a more recent Pokemon. Plus, Decidueye would be pretty neat, but with it being available in Pokken Tournament, I'm not sure if they'd want do put it in Smash. Incineroar would be a nice choice. I'd kind of love the unexpected twist of using Primarina instead, especially when it is my favorite Alola starter and one of my favorite starters in general, but I doubt that they'll go in that direction. Out of the three, I could see Incineroar showing up in the game the most. Including a new Pokemon could definitely be possible, depending on when the Switch titles come out and if Smash is delayed. I know that they said it was going to come out this year, but they had to delay the previous Smash title too. Hopefully that won't happen, but the thought did cross my mind even when they did say announce the release date for this year.

Pokemon that aren't in Pokken/Pokken DX, I think pokemon should be exclusive to both games just like they are with paired version.

I’d love to see something really weird- maybe Rotom, or Serperior, or something quadrupedal like Samurott. The ship has probably sailed for those Pokemon though, haha.
The only thing I want that I think could actually happen, though, is Mimikyu- its popular and recent, has a number of interesting moves it could use, has a lot of personality, and is a pretty good blend of cute/cool.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom