• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

With which mainline Pokemon Generation did you start?

With which mainline Pokemon game generation did you start with?

• Gen 9 (Scarlet and Violet)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gen 10 and higher

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sapphire (Gen. 3) is the version I started with.
I personally have fond memories about picking Treecko as my first ever Pokémon and pretty much only using it/Grovyle/Sceptile for great part of the Hoenn journey, until having been able to collect three gym badges at least.

I first played around with my brother's Blue, then got Red for myself. I don't remember much about my first team, but I'm pretty sure it had Venusaur. I would play both Red and Blue...then Yellow...then Gold and Silver...

I temporarily got out of Pokemon during Gen III--that was my "Game Freak's running out of ideas" phase--but I got back into it in the 2010s and have been into it ever since. I've played every game in the main series except for Emerald, Soul Silver, and Pearl. I love Pokemon so much.

True, I didn't specifically put on remakes but can remakes not be accounted for the Generation they came with (like Fire Red and Leaf Green being released during Gen 3 if I recall correctly)? I only put on the main names as a reminder which games initiated those Generations. Though, I admit I didn't put in the effort to research which Gen sprouted which remake, it was kinda of an impulse to start this "updated" poll anyway.

Yeah, Gen 10+ because we all know, there will be more Generations for most of our life's anyway, I just didn't want to have to update it every few years when a new Generation gets released (and reduce it to every few Generations while also not giving trolls the option to choose a generation that hasn't yet released) but maybe I should at least do my diligence and look up then add the remakes in the brackets. Maybe someone here is kind enough to condense which remakes were released during which generation in this thread so I can just update it without googling it myself, next time I'm on this forum.

FireRed & LeafGreen - Gen III
HeartGold & SoulSilver - Gen IV
Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Gen VI
Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee - Gen VII
Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl - Gen VIII
Thank you very much but as I just found out, I cannot just change the answers willy-nilly which were already put up on poll, only add new options.
I guess it makes sense and I should have known but I'm not a very regular poster. So sorry anyone. That was my laziness that we have to go with just this since it would get a bit of a long poll if I would now add the remakes and kinda redundant and confusing I think.

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom