• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Without Team Rocket

ehh123

Reaction score
Ever since BW07, Team Rocket has not been interacting with the twerps. Why, they have started to not appear in episodes at all. Not counting their bare minute of screen time (if any), how do you think their absence has changed the dynamics and structure of the anime?

BW006 Actually
and yeah, there was no need to shoehorn them in every episode
building up and giving them a storyline is way better, and normal episode have more things happening without them now

they didn't interact with Ash and Co. In BWOO7

I'm being a Scott and say it shows that the Rockets are leaving in or at the end of Best Wishes. We've seen that the anime goes well on without the Rockets interrupting Satoshi-tachi in every single episode.

I do wonder how much they will appear after the first battle with Plasma-dan. My personal wish is that they will be like they were in BW002-006: with meeting Satoshi-tachi every now and then, but having their own plot still going on.

I think this reboot could make the anime a lot better. Team Rocket appearing in every single episode trying to capture Pikachu was getting a bit boring and now they are acting like true Rocket members taking part in real missions instead of going after just one pokemon. I would like to see Butch and Cassidy return just to see their reactions to the new Team Rocket, lol.

I think this reboot could make the anime a lot better. Team Rocket appearing in every single episode trying to capture Pikachu was getting a bit boring and now they are acting like true Rocket members taking part in real missions instead of going after just one pokemon. I would like to see Butch and Cassidy return just to see their reactions to the new Team Rocket, lol.

Best Wishes isn't a reboot

^^ QFT
Qaulity>Quantity All the way.
it's better for their characters

Its because serious TR can't work on an episode to episode basis like the old TR did.

The writers wrote themselves into a corner here, but its probably because this is their final arc.

Talking in-universe for a second here, Ash should be having much more trouble with his gym battles because Team Rocket isn't there to give his pokemon daily training.

It would be funny if he uses this as an excuse for losing to Shooti

Its because serious TR can't work on an episode to episode basis like the old TR did.

The writers wrote themselves into a corner here, but its probably because this is their final arc.

yep, it looks like we might have a new villain in Gen 6 and I wouldn't be surprised if they are "the better TR"

Looks like the writers are actually not giving me a reason to complain about them. Seriously, I do find it more interesting for Ash & co. to have more things to deal with in a given episode than TR. Otherwise, it's like the Aerosmith song "Same Old Song and Dance" (which, FYI, was the name of a Johto ep.).

The only major difference I see in the show *now* is that the writers are having to make the pokemon-of-the-day more antagonistic to make up for the lack of any on-screen villains. Like that one thread we had on here a while back said, the pokemon in the Isshu region are kind of dicks.

Otherwise, the show still follows the same storytelling format that it always has. Which just goes to show that the old Rocket-Dan wasn't holding the show back nearly as much as others would have you believe.

CliveKoopa said:
Team Rocket appearing in every single episode trying to capture Pikachu was getting a bit boring

Which they haven't really been doing since sometime around 2003 or so, but whatever.

Pikachu, pokemon of the day, it's the same difference Dogasu :p

Anyway, I like the fact that theres more time devoted to the protagonists because of this. Outside of gym battles, leagues andd trinket quests, they never really got around to going all out and trying for the whole 22 minutes or so. While they are still used as padding with a few brief appearences, it's really cool to see that they ARE able to accomplish things without having to use the Rockets to wrap an episode up, several times in a row.

...though with that said, they're still not able to give anyone other than Ash something worthwhile to do, so it's business as usual; one step forward, two steps back :/

Grave-E said:
While they are still used as padding with a few brief appearences, it's really cool to see that they ARE able to accomplish things without having to use the Rockets to wrap an episode up, several times in a row.

Oh, the show's surviving with them showing up in every episode, no doubt about it. I just don't think the show's accomplishing anything new with the additional screentime the lack of the Rockets is giving them.

It kind of reminds me of the Deoxys movie in some ways. That was the first "long" Pocket Monsters movie, and it was pretty obvious that the writers were having trouble coming up with enough material to fill the film's new extended runtime (Block robots? Really?). These days, however, the writers seem to have a better idea of how to pace a movie and don't rely on ridiculous filler material as much as they used to.

Maybe the Best Wishes! writers just need more practice?

Maybe the Best Wishes! writers just need more practice?
Well, they made some big changes to the anime after 14 years of so-called "staleness". Of course you can't expect *too* much from them... But in my opinion they're doing so much better than ever before.

Well, they made some big changes to the anime after 14 years of so-called "staleness". Of course you can't expect *too* much from them... But in my opinion they're doing so much better than ever before.

i agree, the show was really getting boring, that's why i had quit the show at DP's latter half, but BW's changes rekindled my interest in it.

i agree, the show was really getting boring, that's why i had quit the show at DP's latter half, but BW's changes rekindled my interest in it.
Same here, except it was AG for me.

Yeah, I'm so surprised at some of these changes. As for the TRio, hey, honestly, any change that was outside of their (how I personally feel) unfunny selves is welcome to me. And hey, we're getting a pretty big showdown because of it.

Probably the best positive thing of all this is SAKAKI DOING SOMETHING!

I think it works well, but I haven't seen it yet, have they given a true explaination for their sudden 'not so harmless' transformation? Or did they just change offscreen between seasons?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom