• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Without Team Rocket

The only big BW changes is no more Brock and no Team Rocket.

Everything else is pretty much the same. Dento served Brock's role pretty much, there's just no TR attacking in every ep.

I know, I meant if they explained why Team Rocket went from being the butt of every joke and getting their butts kicked all the time to suddenly becoming an extremely serious threat. I read they got promoted, which kind of makes sense, I mean they did take credit for the destruction of Team Magma, Aqua, and Galactic so it makes sense.

Well, they did drop the female protag from the games as a traveling partner and went back to using a maybe Gym Leader as the female traveling partner and has a somewhat quicker pace (as of these three badges that we're at), but that's not really "new" as it is "Hey, remember when the Kanto series did this? We're doing it again."

i agree, the show was really getting boring, that's why i had quit the show at DP's latter half, but BW's changes rekindled my interest in it.

The only problem is halfway into DP the pacing was stretched too long. DP still had a lot of fantastic eps in the latter half.

DP's problem was it was stretched out so long that people forgot what was good about it.

I know, I meant if they explained why Team Rocket went from being the butt of every joke and getting their butts kicked all the time to suddenly becoming an extremely serious threat. I read they got promoted, which kind of makes sense, I mean they did take credit for the destruction of Team Magma, Aqua, and Galactic so it makes sense.

they didn't per se, but it can be assumed that they have changed their mentalities to get more focused and don't screw up on their mission, now that they have been promoted, which means that Sakaki has more trust in them now, and so they don't want to blow up on this oppurtunity

We don't need to see 30 second scenes of a brief conversation or Flint saving their asses every episode. I actually like that TR isn't getting that much screentime in BW. Maybe they'll end up being like Team Galactic or Aqua/Magma where they appear only when they're doing something important.

Well, they did drop the female protag from the games as a traveling partner and went back to using a maybe Gym Leader as the female traveling partner and has a somewhat quicker pace (as of these three badges that we're at), but that's not really "new" as it is "Hey, remember when the Kanto series did this? We're doing it again."

Exactly, since Iris/Dento really serve the same role Misty/Brock did, this isn't all technically new, its just going back to the way the anime was over 10 years ago.

Only difference is the battles are still up to DP's standards and Ash's Pokemon will, hopefully, be handled better.

Yeah, though didn't their first real fight in the second season end with Ash and his new partner's team completely wiped out except for one? Big 'upgrade'. I actually am looking forwards to them in the new season.

Well adding in a new character, even if it serves the same role as an older one, will still feel more fresh, at least for a while.

While the TR plot looks to be good, I hope Best Wishes goes a bit further than everything else. Because right now its just a quicker paced saga with the same type of eps we've been watching for a while.

If you look at the plots for your regular BW eps so far, it really is not different at all than any of the older seasons. There's just no "5 minute TR filler battle" at the end.

I think theyll be turned back to idiots in the latter part of Best Wishes after failing and be replaced by Bitch and Cassidy.

^ No. After the TR plot ends, we'll probably see them return to their old selves for their last 2 episodes or so, which would be their closure.

What I imagine is at or around the 8th Gym, when the stories ends, we'll see 2 or so eps afterward that focus on Jessie/James/Meowth and what they'll do next, and then it'll be their final ep.

I think TR will be gone before the league begins this time, unless for some reason the villain plots aren't concluded yet.

^ No. After the TR plot ends, we'll probably see them return to their old selves for their last 2 episodes or so, which would be their closure.

What I imagine is at or around the 8th Gym, when the stories ends, we'll see 2 or so eps afterward that focus on Jessie/James/Meowth and what they'll do next, and then it'll be their final ep.

I think TR will be gone before the league begins this time, unless for some reason the villain plots aren't concluded yet.
You gotta source to back up them leaving?

of course he doesn't...
i don't see a reason for thinking they'll leave...
''but they got a plot after 14 years!''
so what?

If TR is disbanded by the end of the arc with Giovanni dying/being arrested whatever, J/J/M will no longer belong to any criminal organization.

Since the writers are already skipping them in quite a number of BW eps so far, (and I imagine they'll be absent in a number more throughout the arc), they're learning how to write a saga without TR battling Ash and co. or even appearing.

I don't see why JJM would still be in the show if the Team Rocket organization is disbanded. They're not really bad guys that will continue to attack Ash's group for no reason.

To add on to what Scott said, they wouldn't get Sakaki involved after all these years unless something big was going down. I also agree it feels like we're being weaned off the TRio with their continued absents.

I, for one, am very glad we don't see them in every episode anymore. The episodes have been flowing much more smoothly when they aren't crammed in just because they have to.

^^ i don't agree with the first part, but i passionately agree with the second one~!

I think Dogasu said the writers are, "preparing us" for TR's eventual departure, with making them gradually absent in some episodes and only getting 2 minute scenes in others.

I mean for the most part, Best Wishes is already "TR free" if you ignore their little 2 minute scenes in the last couple of eps.

Just like how Team Aqua, Magma, and Galactic disbanded, TR will most likely do the same if something happens to Giovanni. Maybe that's why they're being so serious now and that's why Giovanni is being more active lately.

I think theyll be turned back to idiots in the latter part of Best Wishes after failing and be replaced by Bitch and Cassidy.

Either that they failed the mission or that they have to remain in Unova and deal with the Plasma Cult like Giovanni EXPECTS them to do; which is why they got the promotion in the first place, they though they rid their nation from rival Crime Syndicates.

Which is what I expect what will happen after the Meteor plot, the Rocket Brigade have to retreat to their international base (which I assume they have since Pokemon now went global) while Jessie, James, and Meowth remain in Unova to get rid of the Plasma Cult. The Meteor Plot is there to reintroduce the entire Rocket Brigade.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom