• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade (Sun & Moon)

Reaction score
This is basically a thread about the kinds of Pokemon you received that stood out.

For me, certainly there are a lot of Pokemon that I won't consider worth keeping, even releasing some that I think are Pokemon that are easy captures for the purpose of getting a better Pokemon. However, there are quite a number of Pokemon that I am impressed that I received:

1) Beast Ball Pokemon. Notably, normal Pokemon in Beast Balls. To get why this is significant, Beast Balls have a greatly reduced capture rate when not used for Ultra Beasts. The ones I got are Cubone, Gible and Riolu, but sadly they don't have their Hidden Abilities. On the bright side, they have decent IVs.
2) A Delibird with perfect IVs and four of its Egg Moves, holding a Gold Bottle Cap. This is by far the best thing I could have received, only rivaled with something later one. With Delibird, I can pass good IVs to any Pokemon in the Field and the Water 1 Groups, due to it being a male. It makes life a lot easier, since getting Ditto with perfect IVs is very much luck-based. As an example, I used it to breed Stufful, Mareanie and Pyukumuku.
3) A female Machoke called "Slap dat". Of course, it immediately evolved into Machamp, but I didn't need this one, so I traded it away to someone else (who's a Japanese, as it turns out).
4) I was told in the Hoenn Tent (fortune teller) that I will have decent luck in my Wonder Trade, so I changed my phrase to their suggestion. I remembered that someone on Tumblr mentioned that they got a shiny Dhelmise after a chat with the fortune teller, so I thought I could get one too. What do you know: a shiny Dhelmise! Not only did I get a Shiny Dhelmise, it's Level 100, got 5 perfect IVs except Speed (which is 0), a moveset (Rapid Spin, Gyro Ball, Power Whip and Shadow Claw), has Pokerus, an Assault Vest and is EV trained! That's a whole package, certainly worth more than the 5 max IV Stufful I traded away for this.

In case you were wondering what kind of Pokemon I traded away, I usually traded away Pokemon that I bred, but didn't need. However, they have at least one thing that I am sure someone else could want. Examples include Rowlet with 4 of its Egg Moves (no Curse, since I need Farfetch'd for that), and the recently-traded Mareanie with Regenerator and all 4 of its Egg Moves.

Thanks for reading.

Actually I've had semi-decent luck compared to just Zigzagoons.

I've gotten love ball Salandit and Mimikyu, also Mimikyu in a beast ball too (saved me doing it. Already got a box full of beast ball Pokemon I've gotten myself).

On the downside though... I got a profanity (why the hell can't we rename traded pokemon?!)
Got a Lillipup called '8====D'.
'The original trainer put a lot of thought into it and means a lot to them, you can't possibly change it!'
Sod off GF. Do a wondertrade for a week and have fun.

Japanese Jolly 4IV (missing Sp. Def and the useless Sp. Atk) Gible with Outrage and some more egg moves I don't remember right now; pretty sure it was someone's breeject in the attempt to breed a flawless Garchomp.

Mareanie; nothing special about its IVs/moves but it would be so hard to get otherwise.

Beast Ball Magikarp :D That should've been pretty easy to catch even with the reduced rate.

My favorite finds have been my 5 Alolan Vulpix, two of them with Snow Warning, and 3 of them have Freeze Dry/Moonblast <3

Although for the most part, its been tons of Abras and Magikarp...

So I'm not the only one that keeps receiving Beast Ball Magikarps :p It has 5 perfect IVs too so I'll take it.

The best thing I received was a Timid female Vulpix with Snow Warning and 4 perfect IVs, in a Moon Ball. I know Snow Warning Ninetales is great, but I have Moon so getting one to breed with was going to be a challenge, so I'm very happy with this indeed. And it's in a Moon Ball <3 All the other mons I got with good Natures and 5 perfect IVs are very much appreciated too, saves me a lot of breeding time.

What I send out: Mareanie. Nothing special about them, but I know they're appreciated since they're pretty hard to get. Also managed to get almost every mon I wanted on GTS with those. As soon as I'm able to breed mons with good IV's, moves and/or Pokérus, I'll be sending those out instead.

Someone sent me their lv100 Zygarde nicknamed "Squishy". Hope they enjoyed my lv14 Surskit.

(Made it up by sending out Aerodactyl and receiving a Wingull named "D*ckMuncher" in return.)

I have 3 boxes of pokemon that stood out to me. Among them:

-IV bred pokes, perfect spread or not.
-Bred pokemon in rare balls. Good for breeding even more.
-Shinies.
-6 IV shinies.
-A battle-ready Tsareena. I was legit surprised it WASN'T shiny, knowing hackers. It had a Battle Royal ribbon.
-6IV Tapu Koko. Once I have time to go in the Battle Tree, I'm testing this thing out. It was always my favorite design of the Tapus.
-Some stuff with Pokerus.
-Beast Ball Popplio. I had to ask if it was legit, since pokeball breeding mechanics have changed. It's not legit.

I think that covers it.

I generally wonder trade my breejects. USUALLY 3IVs at least, commonly the 4IVs.
What I received was a bunch of Beast Ball pokemon, a Tapu Lele (the Lele on my game is still waiting for me to go catch her myself), a 5IV plus Fantastic on Speed Mareanie, Same thing for a Magikarp. Also, an Adament 5IV Scyther, holding a Metal Coat, with a few Egg Moves, I believe. It also had Pokerus.
Thanks Chicken-Chan!
The best one I ever got was probally the 4IV Shiny Skarmory.

Aside from usual breejects in rare balls, I had male Salandit named Disappoint. xD Also, this classic Snorlax with nickame "Your Mom" and Burn Heal.

As I mentioned in Shiny Encounter Thread, I got shiny Caterpie. New shiny additions are Vulpix (Love Ball), Wishiwashi and Delibird (holding Gold Bottle Cap).

I've give away breejects (both mine and their) with Pokérus.

I've gotten a couple of things in beast balls and a few in the Apricorn balls. I've WT'd some of the ones I didn't need. I did receive a shiny Abra nicknamed Wondertrash and apparently the same shiny lv 100 Dhelmise with Assault Vest someone else mentioned.

I don't have access to the judge yet (apparently I need to hatch more eggs...) so I don't know if I trade away good stuff or not but I've sent out a bunch of Vulpix holding Ice Stones. Hopefully someone enjoyed those. I've also been completing my dex, which means evolving a lot of stuff, but since I have a living dex in X or Y somewhere I've been WT'ing away the evos of stuff that I already have waiting when Bank becomes available.

In X I sent Pokemon from friend safari, in AS from mirage spots, but in sun it's hard to know what to send. Anyway, I send some Pokemon that evolved by trading, and what I got in return were stuff I already had for the most part. (n)

The most valuable thing I have for now is a Beast Ball Carvanha. I don't care for special Pokeballs (sorry), but at least I won't have to catch a Sharpedo and breed it.(y)

In X I sent Pokemon from friend safari, in AS from mirage spots, but in sun it's hard to know what to send. Anyway, I send some Pokemon that evolved by trading, and what I got in return were stuff I already had for the most part. (n)

Pokémon that evolve by trading is always a good choice to send imo, I was actually hoping to get one of those while Wonder Trading, but never did :( Another thing you could send is Pokémon with low encounter rates or those that only appear during SOS-Battles, but those aren't quite easy to catch yourself, so best thing would be to catch one and breed a bunch, like I did with Mareanie ;)

Got a Tapu Bulu (it was Modest Nature though). Raised it to level 92, and traded it on the GTS for a Solgaleo. And that's how I completed my Alola Pokedex.

Aside from that, got some nice foreign male Pokemon with good IVs, which will make some nice substitutes in place of Ditto.

I've gotten some interesting stuff during Wondertrade Christmas. These were the best out of my entire haul of ~90 Pokemon.
x4 Rowlet
x2 Litten
x4 Popplio
x7 Gible (3 in Beast Balls, 3 in Dive Balls, 1 in a regular Pokéball)
x5 Mimikyu (1 in a Heavy Ball)
x2 Mareanie (1 in a Luxury Ball)
x5 Alolan Vulpix (3 with Snow Warning)
x3 Eevee
x2 Technician Scyther
x2 Growlithe
x2 Goomy (1 in a Beast Ball)
x1 Cyndaquil
x1 Metagross (!!!)
x1 Snivy
x1 Bagon
x1 Dratini
That Metagross was unexpected - it wasn't even a breedject. Its last trainer caught it at Mt.Hokulani as a Beldum. Also I've since put it up on the GTS and got a Kangaskhan in return because I already have a Metagross. Some of the hatchlings I bred clearly went to new players, so that was a plus.

Literally my very first Wonder Trade was for a Spinarak named
dickyourface

As for more *positive* stuff I've gotten, I've gotten a ton of spare breeds... A surprisingly large amount of Gible most notably, including a Chinese Simplified language one which was only one stat off of being perfect. I decided to train it up since it had Iron Head and I thought I could use one for the team! I've also picked up a spare Rowlet and Popplio for my Living Pokédex, which is very nice.

Sadly, I have not encountered the rare Wonder Trade Cosmog yet...

So I decided that I wanted a Bold Mareanie instead of a Calm one since Smogon recommends Bold (and Toxapex has higher Defence), so I decided to do the Mareanie breeding spree again! Unfortunately I got too many of them, so had to Wonder Trade some of the (Regenerator Mareanie is wonderful). I didn't get a lot of notable Pokemon out of the deal, save for one thing:

A Jolly Gible with Rough Skin

Its IVs are not perfect, but the fact that I got a Rough Skin Gible is enough to make the round worth taking.

Seems like some Bulbagardeners have Snow Warning Vulpix. Wish I could have one! I haven't even got a Vulpix in my PokeDex yet, so that's another reason to hopefully get one.

Thanks for reading.

I got a perfect shiny Snorlax from some guy like AusLove.tv or something, pretty sure I also recieved a shiny from that same OT in ORAS at some point from WT. Also a perf shiny Null (which is probs 100% hacked right -_-), other than that some real good mon to breed with for shinies like a good IV a-vulpix with egg moves, same Mimi, etc.

Also been throwing in a crap ton of 5 IV Staryu into WT while I'm trying to breed a shiny :p

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom