• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
So, Wonder Trade...choose one of your Pokemon and, BOOM, it's instantly traded with another Trainer anywhere in the world. You never know what you're gonna get! But you'll probably get a Panpour. Or a Bunnelby. Or another Bunnelby. And probably another.

Anyway, anyone been using this? It's sort of fun since you can collect Foreign Dex Entries which you can view and, hey, I imagine as more people get the game and play more and more, the selection of possible Pokemon you get in Trades will diversify. You might get lucky and come across a very generous Trainer throwing out a rare Pokemon.

So, in this thread, report your latest Wonder Trade Happenings.

Anyway, I've done it twice, just tossing out a random Zigzagoon and Pidgey, and got a JP Bunnelby (with a Korean name though) and JP Panpour. I'm probably gonna keep trading Panpour to see what I end up with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder trading has given me an Audino, Ledyba, Azurill and Combee for examples which is good for the PokeDex I guess. I pretty much am only doing this shit because I want a Chespin to use along with my Froakie and Bunnelby because I've grown a soft spot for Chesnaught now. A lot of people are just tagging shit like early route vermin, birds and pest and hoping to strike gold. And some have, Gible for Weedle or even Honedge for Caterpie. I like how trades happen in one...two..three. Done.

Did some more trading, got a Lv. 18 Litleo, Lv. 16 Simisage, and Lv. 18 Whismur. :)

This is seriously addicting.

Woah, I got a Pancham. Female, Quirky, Mold Breaker.

EDIT:Minun this time, it's another new Pokemon but come on I just want a Chespin. >_>

Last edited:
In my very first trade i got a yellow Flabebe from south Africa. After an espurr and an azuril I ended up with a Fennekin!!!too bad it is male though :/
Does anyone know if we get to nickname the traded mons this generation?

I tried a few Wonder Trades when I first started and had weak Pokémon. I got some Pikachu, a Flabebe, and a Lv. 50 something Ursaring. When I get far enough and/or Pokémon Transfer comes out, I'll start giving out rare Pokémon and Pkrs.

Been doing so much of this! Any extra Pokémon I catch I hit the Wonder Trade till I get something nice :D I got things like Furfrou from Japan, Abra from Germany, a Pikachu, Ledyba, Yellow Flabebe, Zigzagoon, and a Swirlix! Oh I also caught a shiny Houndour on my first day >:D to excited about it XD

Been doing so much of this! Any extra Pokémon I catch I hit the Wonder Trade till I get something nice :D I got things like Furfrou from Japan, Abra from Germany, a Pikachu, Ledyba, Yellow Flabebe, Zigzagoon, and a Swirlix! Oh I also caught a shiny Houndour on my first day >:D to excited about it XD

Just got a Jap Budew :) Didn't catch one before, now I have one :D I just got a Nosepass! I didn't have one, but now I do :p

Last edited:
In a total of one hour of Wonder Trading for a Chespin I've come across a Timid Flabebe(lucky for anyone who would want a good natured Flabebe), Chingling, Europian Vivillion, Azurill, Pancham, Ledyba, Burmy, Meditite, Zubat, Pidgeotto, Mienfoo, Honedge, etc. Haven't even hit the first gym yet, I suppose it's good for my Dex but I'm just looking for me a Chespin, preferably male.

So far, I've only been using it to build up PokeMiles. In general, its been the usual com'mons at fairly low levels. Fair enough, since I'm not currently trading anything good either. I did get a Honedge (before I hit the route it appears on) and a Stunky.

Once I get to a certain point, I'll probably start putting better Pokemon up for trade. But for now, its just a fun way to interact with other players (and get those miles!).

I got a level 1 fennekin from wonder trade. I offered that rock/fairy thingy and thought: "I am such a nice person...I bet I will only get a Zigzagoon like always..." How wrong I ve been. :p

I traded a Bunnelby Lv. 5 for an Omanyte Lv. 20! And a Caterpie Lv. 3 for a Kangaskhan Lv. 17!

Most of the time I get common pokemon but not really a big deal because some of them are foreign. I was lucky to receive a shiny Smeargle from this.

I've mostly been getting junk from it. I did manage to get a

Phantump. Which evolved into Trevenant when it was traded to me. And it was female so I could breed another for myself (I'm only at gym two so nowhere near the stage where I can catch one).

Which was pretty neat.

I got a level 1 fennekin from wonder trade. I offered that rock/fairy thingy and thought: "I am such a nice person...I bet I will only get a Zigzagoon like always..." How wrong I ve been. :p

Isn't Carbink mid-game? Starters aren't as hard to get as people constantly make them out to be.

Anyways, got a Japanese Inkay through it with a pretty good moveset (does it learn swagger normally?) before I hit the route it's on. Also caught an extra honedge or two and sent that out.

Last edited:
First I'd heard of this.

I may throw some UK region Scatterbugs out there because im a nice guy like that.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom