• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I like the Wonder Trade feature when it yields pokemon I don't have, but it's annoying to keep getting Scatterbugs, Pidgeys, Fletchlings, Bunnelbys, and Caterpies. Since foreign Pokemon get more EXP in battle than domestically obtained pokemon, it will be easier and quicker for them to level up.

Decent pokemon I got out of Wonder Trade:
- Level 3 Pikachu (Japanese) with a Light Ball: Now Level 34 (yes, it's true; somebody actually traded off a Light Ball)
- Level 9 Fletchling (Japanese): Now a Level 49 Talonflame
- Level 9 Bunnelby (Japanese): Now a Level 30 Diggersby
- Level 3 Scatterbug (Japanese): Now a Level 31 Vivillon (Elegant Pattern)
- Level 3 Caterpie (Japanese): Now a Level 34 female Butterfree (kept it because it had Timid nature)
- Level 2 Weedle (Japanese): Now a Level 32 male Beedrill (kept it because it had Lonely nature)
- Level 5 Litleo (French): Now a Level 41 female Pyroar
- Level 9 Pancham (Japanese): Now a Level 35 Pangoro
- Level 14 Inkay (Japanese): Now a Level 36 Malimar
- Level 11 Honedge (Japanese): Now a Level 40 Doublade
- Level 11 Espurr (Japanese): Now a Level 32 female Meowstic

The Wonder Trade feature is definitely more useful at the start of the game because most people I've traded with usually trade off pokemon from the first few routes and Santalune Forest. It saves you the trouble of having to use up Poke Balls to catch them, and they are registered to your Pokedex.

Last edited:
People send your Noibats my way, and when Pokemon Bank comes I'll send you all some of my shiny eevees!!!

I can't stop wonder trading D:
But at least you can instantly trade the one you got. I doubt I'll get something good, but I'm gonna keep trying

I've been sending out lv 1 Chespin onto the Wonder Trade while hatching for a shiny on my bf's Y (he has been doing that too, I just helped him out every now and then). I hope you guys enjoy the free Chespin~ They're all Relaxed Natured too. If I get Pokerus, I'll be sending that out as well.

I go trade-shuffling to build Poké-miles. But yesterday's was seriously bizarre.

I sent a spare Psyduck out to someone in Anguilla (got a slightly used Litleo) and 10 minutes later another player in Massachusetts gave it back. I did a double take at the "Welcome back" message.

Am I the only one generous with Wonder Trades? I hatched a couple Froakie's and Chespin's to give out baby ones to people starting out the game on Wonder trade (thought it would be awesome for them), and also I catch 2 of every Pokémon I encounter so I can trade at least one to someone on wonder trade :)

Somebody gave me a Charmander yesterday over Wonder Trade. I was subsequently able to swap it for a Ditto on the GTS.

I was just randomly getting low level Bidoofs and the like and putting them right back in till I got a pretty high level Poliwhirl. This is really addicting, I love the Wonder Trade feature. As soon as I get a Ditto and start breeding I will start putting actually worthwhile stuff in myself and give back to the system that way.

Didnt know what Wonder Trading really was when i first tried it. So i picked a pokemon i didnt mind losing:

Ledyba lvl 8 got Graveler lvl 44

(retraded) Floette got Mr.Mime lvl 25

and finally after retrading my 5th Bidoof, i got a japanese Pancham

(anyone know what only SOME pokemon evolve after wonder trading? the graveler didnt, but the pumpkaboo did)

Im kinda addicted to the Wonder Trading now.....

Japanese Pokemon i now have:
Dodue lvl 30
Plusle lvl 9
Pancham lvl 15
Machop lvl 15
Honedge lvl 11
Espurr lvl 11

Regular pokemon:
Aerodactyl lvl 20
Gastly lvl 1
Eevee lvl 19
Fennekin lvl 11

Ive been getting some of the best trades ever retrading the lame Bidoofs, Panpours and Burmys everyone seems to put up. Feel sorry for the people getting them, but yay me!

I really need to catch a Pokemon, name it "fruitcake", and ship it off in a Wonder Trade sometime.

Time for another few rounds. Let's see, Furfrou, Trapinch, Lotad, Weedle, Eevee...

Wait, EEVEE!? I am so turning that bad boy into a Flareon!

Last edited:
Hey guys. Recently I got lucky when I traded my Lunatone (lv. 15) and I got a FREAKING SANDSLASH (lv. 43). Right now I got a Furret (lv. 16). Not too shabby.

Ledyba lvl 8 got Graveler lvl 44

As I have thrown to Wonder trade some Graveler from Victory Road, it is possible it was mine.

I got Riolu and also Fennekin.

And I am sure that some guy in Greece now wonders why the hell was the low leveled Hoppip he received in Master Ball as I threw the ball by mistake and because I find Master Balls boring I didn't care so much.

The best Pokemon I've gotten were a Ralts from California, and both an Eevee and a Kangaskhan from Tokyo

I have so many japanese pokemon and I have only traded with 2 Japanese people x.x I have 5 or 6 Pikachu from the wonder trade and a couple caterpie and the first evo of a beedrill i can't think of the name so im chilling on wonder trade at the moment.

I did get a nifty 2 headed bird pokemon (I seriously cant think today gosh) But it too is in japanes (prolly why i can't remember the name)

Okay I lied, sending out a lv. 21 Woobat gonna see what i get lol.

I got a Scraggy named Shaggy from a Person in Tokyo haha.

Bred a whole bunch of Bergmite today looking for a good one for my team...

Get ready for an avalanche Wonder Trade. >:)

I've gotten a bunch of Flabébé, but for some reason they're all orange flower ones... Trying not to be THAT person who retrades the ones no one wants, and it's extra IDs for the lotto...

I've been sending around any duplicates I get tho, and any pokémon I caught that I then get in trade. Also started sending some where I'm porting evolutions/whatnot from B2, and I've been catching all the extras I can to send around. Lots of extra Dugtrio and Trapinch... I've gotten two different-region Scatterbugs so far, though, and that's what I really wanted :D

I'm going slow, but after I'm able to port over from GenV I've got a ton of things I've bred (such as Gen II/III/IV starters) that I'll start passing out. .w.

I've been breeding a bunch of Binacles and sending them off. I kinda wish there was some sort of algorithm in play for it, so that rare Pokemon get other rare Pokemon or you get a Pokemon with a similar level as the one you sent..

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom