• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

Anyone have any idea where I can get a Ditto from in-game? I'd cheerfully breed my Quilladin and Ivysaur a few times for the Wonder Trade, but I just don't have a lot of pokémon right now ... unless you don't need Pokémon Bank to send from Gen V to Gen VI

Anyone have any idea where I can get a Ditto from in-game? I'd cheerfully breed my Quilladin and Ivysaur a few times for the Wonder Trade, but I just don't have a lot of pokémon right now ... unless you don't need Pokémon Bank to send from Gen V to Gen VI
I saw Ditto in the Pokémon Village or whatever it is called near the last gym.

Yeah, the Pokedex says they're only obtainable in the Pokemon Village.

Hm, nothing but bad trades now; Dedenne for Weedle.

I've been trying to put good things "into the system"- I caught a bunch of Haunters, Gravellers and Gurdurrs and trading them so people will get Gengar/Golem/Conkledurr. I've gotten a lot of shit in return, but I did get a Dunsparce, Charmander and Fennekin! I'm just going to use the starters for breeding and release some more in to it :3

The most common one I've been getting is Goomy and Honedge.

Since I only got the Cliff Badge today I haven't had a lot decent to trade, but I sent a Rhyhorn and an Onix into the system tonight so ... got a Caterpie from some guy who proudly named it CATERP00P. Haha, yes, very funny. But I got a Beartic and a Wobbuffet from others in the States, so that was nice

Wonder Trade's great! I've also been doing some trade-only 'mons to help people out, but every so often I like to put a crap trade up there for the lulz. (Like when I gave away my Druddigon and received a Budew--BUT JOKES ON THEM 'CAUSE IT WAS TIMID!)

But I'm especially loving people's Trainer phrases. Someone had "Je te vois :)" [I see you :)] as their phrase--creepy much?--and there were a few "I love you"s as well. Oh, and a "WillYouMarryMe?" Like, no person who will forever appear in my list of Acquaintances now, I'm not going to marry you...

EDIT: ... Okay, so I just got a Solosis with the nickname "WetStillborn", wow some people.

My second or third wonder trade received a Swalot named "GAY FISH".

I was spamming trapinch and dugtrio (plus a few gible) on wonder trade (which I'm sure some people appreciated, since I kept getting the very beginner 'mon in return), but I'm trying to move forward and send out nicer and nicer stuff, in hopes that other people will be doing the same xD

My native Vivillon pattern is modern, so it's pretty common - does anyone know yet if bred scatterbugs from different vivillon (i.e. meadow) will retain their patterns, or if it'll default to your area's pattern? I don't want to breed a bunch to send out if it's just going to be the same thing!

I've done the wonder trade a few times, spamming out my bred Eevees in Luxury balls and Volt Tackle pichus but only got crap in return. Not a fan so far.

Woo hoo.... a japanese marill. I really needed this.....OH well Whatever comes your way are the rules of the wonder trade

I've been trying to put good things "into the system"- I caught a bunch of Haunters, Gravellers and Gurdurrs and trading them so people will get Gengar/Golem/Conkledurr. I've gotten a lot of shit in return, but I did get a Dunsparce, Charmander and Fennekin! I'm just going to use the starters for breeding and release some more in to it :3

The most common one I've been getting is Goomy and Honedge.

Anything decently past the first gym or so I'd say is fair game. Honedge is decent and goomy is mid-game so they're relatively safe and fair trades that are somewhat easy to find.

Vivillion retain their original game pattern. Which is cool cool. And after posting about the previous cool Pokes I received I then went and got a Fennekin from France, and felt bad as I sent a standard mon over... but that was quite a nice surprise to see! :D

I'm gonna wait until I can get decent mons before Wonder Trading, but my sister has done a lot of Wonder Trades in her X game. D: So far, she's gotten a Japanese Pikachu and Espurr, a French Gible, and one German Chespin. I ain't mad at that.

After dozens of Bunnelby and Weedle, got a couple decent trades. Got a Carbink. While not the rarest, it's was a refreshing change.

Also got a Larvesta! I'll probably breed it though, since it has a nature that lowers Sp. Att. Thankfully it's female (Where is Larvesta/Volcarona anyways? I have all 3 dexes and it has a ??? For the number)

EDIT: So many good trades! Got a second Japanese Larvesta, a Chespin, and an Ursaring.

Last edited:
And now I just got a Zoroark,female Eevee, and a Spewpa that was just about to evolve. Got another Vivillon pattern!

I guess good things come with enough time :D

I love the Wonder Trade. I got a nice Eevee, Chespin, Spritzee (which I needed since I have X), and even a Ditto. I've also gotten several Weedle. They had terrible natures too, so I couldn't even raise them into decent Beedrills.

Eugh. I got to say, my first few trades really turned me off.

After my first wonder trade got me a Farfetched for a Klefki, I was instantly put into the mind set of "don't trade good pokemon you'll get screwed".
So I start trading bad for bad, but then someone sends me something good (a nicely bred Espurr) and I feel like a dick.

Probably gonna steer clear of this feature.

I freakin love Wonder Trade! I freakin cant stand Wonder Trade! I am not doing ANY more Wonder Trades. Ok I'm going to do like one or two a week. Wow. This is so awesome. I am trying very hard to not be that guy (gal) who just throws out level 3 Diggersby or whatever. From using the GTS (that horrid place) I know there are just far, far, far too many people all too willing to be like that.

But the game just began & I don't have many Pokemon that are all THAT great. However for balance, I did make some noble sacrificies LOL and try to not be a jerk... I felt bad both times that I sent out cruddy things. Makes me wish I could find the person who got it & apologize or make up for it! But then I end up getting the short end of the stick myself & I'm right back to being a cynic. I have gotten a level 1 Charmander which was *very* nice. And 1 other good one.

I got a level 21 Golett named Alphonse (any Fullmetal Alchemist fans getting the reference here?) for a Skitty, since I wanted to try out the Wonder Trade.

Now that we get xp from catches, I'm really enjoying catching moderately rare pokémon and sending them on. I'm beginning to release the trash now, though, no point sending it back into the system.

(A Wartortle for a Helioptile! Not bad)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom