• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

Ok so I had a bunch of freshly hatched Noibats and wanted to try wonder trade and when I did I got only pokemon from the first routes. That sucked, but I wanted to try again so I got a Bergmite and named him "OH YEAH!!!", hoping for some good luck and I got a Pansage. I guess i'm unlucky. Oddly i still want to keep trying to get a decent pokemon.

I've been trying to give back to the system since i took advantage of it early on. Been pumping out Zorua's, Amaura's and Tyrunt's. And in a few minutes i'll put 5 bulbasaurs out there as well.

So recently I've been getting a lot of the Kalos starters in the Wonder Trade. Also getting some decently-natured Pokémon, as well, which will be great for breeding. It's nice to see that people are putting decent Pokémon into Wonder Trade! :)

Of course, for every one good Pokémon, there are at least five crappies. But still nice to see some good trades every so often.

I love wonder trade, I have been dumping all my non shiny amauras and goomys on there. I myself have gotten some good trades such as a charmander, bulbasaur, two phantumps and a ditto. I think the system should be a pseudo random trade, it should evaluate the pokemon you are offering and try to match you with an equal trade.

I'm loving this feature. My best finds so far have been Hidden Ability Froakie (which sadly I'm not using this go round because I chose Froakie as my starter anyway, but he'll be traded to my X version once I get it), a Goomy (an awesome find for someone who hasn't yet gotten to the second gym), and a Swirlix that I'll keep on using until my party is at the traded Goomy's level; then I'll replace Swirlix with Goomy.

I haven't been able to send out any really good Pokemon since I'm still not at the second gym and I don't have a ditto to breed rare ones I have, but I've been giving out Scatterbugs that will turn into Polar Vivillon as well as version exclusives and hard-to-find Pokemon. Once I'm further in the game I'll try to pay it back. I do feel like a dick when I trade back crappy 'mons that were just traded to me, though.

Traded off my Diggersby, and the person gave me a Gyarados in exchange. (I haven't even fished up any Magikarp yet!)

...and a few trades later, somebody gives me a Gible named "Land Shaek" (typo much?). But it's a GIRL! I can breed them!

Last edited:
I got a level 40 Haunter which then evolved into a Gengar. Nothing else I've gotten has come close to how awesome that one was.

I've appropriated a box in my PC for pokémon that I will never use but that have different IDs. That way they're out of the way, don't get re-sent into the system, and I'm getting some nice prizes at the ID-Lotto in Lumiose.

I've been quick-balling the heck out of any pokémon I encounter in each new area now, and then sending them out into the world. Most of them I'll never use anyway, so I don't care what sort of nature I send out... hopefully someone's getting something good xD

My main wish now is that the people sending out low-leveled junk would send out scatterbugs so I can try to collect all the patterns easily.

I really love this feature. I've gotten a lot of route 1 pokemon, but I have gotten some gems like a German eevee named Eric, who became the father of a shiny eevee. Also, since I can find wartortles in my friend safari (which is awesome. I think this is the first time starters can be found in the wild and it's second stage no less) I've been sending those out.

Offers: Caterpie lv 3
Recieves: Butterfree lv 13
Better than rare candy? Yes. Useful seeing how far I've gotten in the game? Not really.

Heh I quite often trade away late game rareish pokemon just for lols and so true; majority of the time I'll get bunnelby but hey - I'm all game for making a newcomer happy when they get a half decent pokemon appear XD

Got an Exeggcute, Eevee (from Japan), Furfrou, Shelmet, and a Weedle (Sweden). So the Japanese person gave me the only good thing haha.

Sent off some Charmanders, Squirtles, Aerodactyls, Tyrunts, and Amauras I bred, as well as a Pokerus Spritzee.

Edit: Did some more, got a Butterfree (Japan), Pidgey, Sandile, Volbeat, Quagsire, Scatterbug, Mawile, and Helioptile.

This is addicting. Too bad I don't get too much good stuff haha. At least I made someone else happy.

More: Swirlix (Japan) which is awesome since I have Y, Weedle (Japan), Flabebe, Sentret (Malaysia).

Last edited:
So now that I'm trying to Masuda method a shiny Pumpkaboo, my opinion of Wonder Trade has gone up.

I can send it nice IVed/Natured but expendable Pumpkaboos, and get slots filled in my dex in return.

I still get annoyed when I get sent garbage. FYI, if you're sending Pokemon caught right out of the Santalune forest, you're a jerk.

Sent out a scatterbug and got a level 1 froakie male to go with my female starter. Besides that I've gotten japan route 1 pokemon.

While training inside Terminus Cave I caught some Graveler by Sturdy-abusing. Just now I sent three of them. Without Everstone, of course, I'm not that kind of douche.

BTW, There's a special spot in hell for these people who send a pokémon like Haunter or Graveler with an Everstone.

EDIT: What I got, not a big deal, a Dwebble, a Heatmor and a Pansage. All of them with bad natures.

Last edited:
I got a Mincinno! Also got two Froakie's in a row. The second one was Japanese with Protean :D

I still get annoyed when I get sent garbage. FYI, if you're sending Pokemon caught right out of the Santalune forest, you're a jerk.

Agreed! I've just been putting the ones I get in "ID" boxes, and then any I caught are getting released (though I might start dumping the mountain of flabébés before I go insane). The only exception is if people send me scatterbugs from different regions, but that doesn't happen often enough :/

Anytime I get something nice, I also make a point of giving them a nice O-Power afterward.

With the exception of scatterbug I have to agree. Scatterbug I like getting because it can evolve into a different form of vivillon than I can get. I actually got a new form that way last time.

I don't get too upset when I get weak common stuff. Mostly I get good stuff. I do like the idea that I may be helping a newbie just starting out too.

Edit: I agree with the poster above me. I don't get Scatterbug often enough

Last edited:
I was curious about this feature so I used my Ivysaur to test it out and see what would happen. Big mistake on my end. I ended up getting a Furfrou in return. DX

My first few trades were crap but then I ended up getting some good things. I managed tog et all 3 Kanto starters from Wonder Trade :D

Also yesterday I managed to get 3 Pansages in a row. Cilan is that you? XD

got a bulletproof chespin

*insert chespin gif going I AM BULLETPROOF*

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom