• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I've been breeding and sending out Dratini's...sent out 3 Dratini's with decent natures, got 2 caterpies and a bidoof in return... oh well. With all the people asking for legendaries in return for those i figured these are the best things i can send out.(if anyone needs an egg message me or something)
Wait, I got a Dratini off Wi-Fi yesterday! Did you get a Furfrou yesterday?

That could have been me, idk. i get like dozens of Furfrou and others a day lol. I recently started my game over after trading my legendaries other pokemon to my friend, but still have my Dratini, so if anyone needs eggs, send me a pm.
Unless your name was Sarah, which I highly doubt since I see you're a guy or Lore, I might be wrong about it being you. xD

Ah, then no, that wasnt me. Although i did send out the original Dratini i had after breeding it, which was from another trainer.

Ha I've been getting a lot of starters. I've got two charmanders and a few squirtles, But i've been handing out grimers due to me breeding a bunch of them. So if you get one. I'm sorry xD

I haven't had many memorable wonder trades yet. I have just really been sending out scatterbugs to everyone so they can be surprised when it evolves into a River Vivillion! I waiting to get some dittos so I can send out all the starters!

my goodness...this wonder trade is a good way for folks to scam you. havent gotten anything worth while

Trying to get rid of all these Swirlix, I got some good things
Cranidos
Protean Froakie
Shieldon
Magneton
Gengar
Pokerus Fletchling
Tirtouga
Gale Wings Fletchling
Bulbasaur
Hawlucha
Modest, mischievous Litleo
Garden Pattern Vivilon

Everything after that....was pretty bad, sadly xD

I've been dumping gooey goomies onto the wonder trade last night, I get the impression a lot of people in japan are iv breeding honedge cause I got a lot of those with near perfect iv spreads in return. I've got 4 perfect IV's so I'm almost done breeding them...destiny knot really does make things easier doesn't it?

Also several froakies and things.

Is it ironic that I couldn't get a Weedle to save my life? Had to use the GTS. Either way, wonder trades are addicting as all get out.

I was going through Safari for some hidden abilities, so look out for Shelgon/Fraxure/Noibat spam today ;D

I've been shelling out my many extra Larvestas and Mawiles, and I may give out a few rotoms later today, so if you got one of those...lol, it was probably from me! Still I'm very sad that so far no one has a Misdreavus on the gts, I really, really want one...

Earlier while I was wonder trading I got a Super Sized Gourgeist! Pretty sweet!

Had a very hit and miss day today. Lot's of Bidoof, Zigzagoon, Caterpie etc, but also got a Larvesta, Turtouga, Growlithe, Aron, Houndour (only have Y), plus two Gurdurr that evolved, plus the new Pumpkin (which also evolved). Also got a few Eevee which aren't really that exciting but at least it saves me having to breed them to get their evos for my dex! :)

I've been getting some better stuff lately, still get the occasional elemental monkeys and Bunnelbys but recently got a Pumpkaboo that evolved, Kangaskhan, some Pokemon not yet in my dex, and a lot of starters. I've been dumping off non-shiny Charmanders from my breedings as well as Protean Froakies.

EDIT: WOAH. Just got a Japanese Yveltal...now I have two Yveltals lol. First time I ever felt bad wonder trading since I'm usually the one throwing out the better/more fair Pokemon haha.

Last edited:
I got a Protean Frogadier with Pokerus, and I'm spreading it to my other Pokemon so I can Wonder Trade them. I got a female Diggersby from a French copy. I got a Japanese Panpour and a Pidgey, both of which I gave Pokerus to. The others were mostly Weedle and Scatterbug.

It's an interesting concept, although most of the time you get garbage i.e. weedle, caterpie, any common Pokemon. Sometimes you get good stuff e.g. starters, pokerus Doduo (example), HA pokemon, etc. Now ready to dump 29 Adamant Torchics, 14 with Speed Boost, and all having at least 1 IV maxed out (Untrained of course)

I've been catching Lairons and sending them out, since apparently they're version exclusive, and it makes me feel good about myself. I've been pleased in general with what I've received, actually, though I did get a Scatterbug for one with great stats today and decided to trade out a Fletchling named BadTradeSory to blow off steam through humor (sadly it went to a German player, who wouldn't get the joke and was probably just upset that he wasted a Stunfisk on it. Sorry, German bro).

I try to put out good things on wonder trade, and sometimes I put out crap but I attach decent items--a lot of my Rare Candies have gone out through wonder trade. I like it when I get good stuff, but when I get a bad Pokemon I just release it. xD
I'm honestly excited when I get Scatterbug, because I always rush to evolve it and see what kind of Vivillon it'll become.

I gave away 3 boxes of Froakies, most had Protean. Apparently Japan really likes Honedge because I got like 5 of them in return. I also had a froakie for froakie trade which was funny.

I've started to breed Dratini, and nicknaming them all DragonKNIGHT, to trade over wonder trade, half for fun, and half in the hopes that I'll breed a shiny Dratini.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom