• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

Anyone notice that you gain a lot of Pokémiles with Wonder Trade?

I thought it was just cause I've been taking lots and lots and lots of steps in an effort to hatch millions of eggs...but then again I also have been wonder trading a lot, it might be a combination of those two things, since most online interactions (in addition to simply passing by someone) gives you miles.

I love it! I got a Japanese Froakie with Protean thanks to wonder-trade!!

And if you keep getting Trapinches, that's probably me. I've given away lots. Spread the word! Flygons is kewl!

Anyone notice that you gain a lot of Pokémiles with Wonder Trade?

I thought it was just cause I've been taking lots and lots and lots of steps in an effort to hatch millions of eggs...but then again I also have been wonder trading a lot, it might be a combination of those two things, since most online interactions (in addition to simply passing by someone) gives you miles.

No. Is just the Wonder Trade, I trade like 20 pokémons each day and have between 4000 miles per day(wich I spend in Rare Candys and Ultra Balls).

No. Is just the Wonder Trade, I trade like 20 pokémons each day and have between 4000 miles per day(wich I spend in Rare Candys and Ultra Balls).

It can't be "just the wonder trade" because you can get miles just from walking while offline in addition to doing other things.

How can I say that...when you send a pokémon to other people, they "walk" for you, this is what I think. Try yourself and see what I am talking about.

How can I say that...when you send a pokémon to other people, they "walk" for you, this is what I think. Try yourself and see what I am talking about.

I'm not disputing that you get miles from sending pokemon!

Read both of my posts again!

How often does anyone get a Shiny out of any of these?

About as often as anyone puts a shiny into it. It is normally unlikely that anyone will put a shiny in a wonder trade but there are rare occasions when people wonder trade their best mons, like when they plan to reset their game.

I did another goomy box dump (3-4 perfect IV with some gooey ones in there). Got an infuriating amount of of elemental monkeys and early game trash.

But, I got an exploud and a gengar too, so I guess it's not all bad.

I've got 5 perfect iv goomies too, but I'm now breeding for the proper nature. In a few more days I suppose it'll be skarmory or something like that. I wonder if people will like getting those off of wonder trade.

I sent away whole bunch of Rufflets and Combees (as I was breeding to get a female) and except two Weedle, lots of not so common stuff. Looked like someone was mass breeding Noibat and Froakie, but also some Stunfisk, Pichu, Stunky and other I cannot remember now as I immediatelz traded away those I already had.

I almost felt sorry for the stupid nicknames some of the Rufflet had...

It is nice occasionally that even some of the 'crap' ends up being from another language game, I'm filling out a lot of the Japanese dex with Wonder Trade, and even managed a Spanish Absol. Nothing Korean yet though, but I've got something for most of the other languages.

I just got a Beautifly in a Friend Safari, so I've been pumping out Wurmple and sending those out - 5 Pokemon in one is pretty good I think.

I've been releasing the 'crap' I get (Caterpies, Weedles, Pidgeys, Bunnelbys, monkeys, etc). I'm not sure if you have to do something to unlock it, but there's a place in Lumiouse that sells Fire, Leaf and Water stones, so I started evolving the monkeys and sending them back out. I sent out a bunch of Growlithes and Vulpix with Fire Stones attached.

I have a shit ton of PokeMiles so I bought a bunch of rare candies, caught a bunch of Abra in the Safari, evolved them, and send them out so people get Kadabra/Alakazam :3 Graveller/Gurdurr are pretty common, so I've been catching those and sending out out as well so they'll evolve upon trade. I revived like 50 fossils the other day so I started sending those out.

Idk. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I'm trying to put 'good' things in the system to at least cut down on some of the shit :p If anything, you get a dex entry and can trade it along.

Kind of wish you could send out eggs. I have a ton of Axew eggs and don't really feel like hatching them, would just rather send them off >__>

I got a Bulbasaur from the WonderTrade back when I was in the early game and still trying to get the starters. It made my day. Other than that, though, I don't have many notable examples. Especially since I don't do it that often.

Now and then I throw an Amaura or froakie over the wonder trade. They haven't given me anything interesting in return though. Atleast, not yet!

So I was lucky enough to receive a Japanese Froakie with it's hidden ability, as well as a Japanese Ditto via Wonder Trade. Needless to say I have been breeding them but I only have around 4 Froakies with the ability, and some are very close to having perfect stats. Probably the worse Pokemon I got over wonder trade was a Japanese Scatterbug but at least it came from a different country so it was still pretty cool. xD I do plan on offering them for trades in the future once I get at least 10 of them. ;)

I have had an idea about wonder trade. If you keep getting the same early stage pokemon and don't have any intention of training them, release them. Break the chain yo.

I have had an idea about wonder trade. If you keep getting the same early stage pokemon and don't have any intention of training them, release them. Break the chain yo.

That's what I do. Any Weedle, Caterpie, Zigzagoon, elemental Monkey, Fletching...goodbye!

I've gotten a couple Protean Froakie(Timid and Bashful) from it, and a couple Scatterbug that had different patterns than mine(Modern and Polar) when evolved, and a bunched of foreign early game pokes too. Other than that, it's been mostly early game or level 1 pokes.

I stuff them in my pc never to be released to help increase my odds of getting something from the raffle. >.>

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom