• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wonder Trade Thread: Dat Wascly Wabbit!

I haven't got Pokemon X/Y yet, planning to very soon but I was just wondering if this feature is still used often? Since how long the games have been out now...

Oh you have no idea... some people used to breed Pokémon just to WT them. (btw, does anyone do that anymore?) There is a variant of Nuzlocke based upon it.

Speaking of Wonderlockes,
Starter: Fennekin -> Aipom
Slot 2: Pidgey -> Litwick
Slot 3: Caterpie -> Pansage
Slot 4: Bunnelby -> Luvdisc
Slot 5: Litleo -> Charmander
Slot 6: Flabébé -> Pachirisu
PC 1: Charmander -> Pikachu
PC 2: Bunnelby -> Skorupi

I have too many Beldum in my boxes all from the Masuda Method (STILL no shiny). I sent several over on the WT but got tired of it and dumped them all in the PokeBank. At least I'll get more PokeMiles this way...

As for the ones I sent over on WT, I mostly received Eevees for some reason. Are people preparing for the Eeveelution event or something?

Sentret -> Fennekin
Snorlax -> Froakie
Meditite -> Lileep
Absol -> Helioptile
Luvdisc -> Hippopotas
Magikarp -> Espurr
Helioptile -> Chespin
Onix -> Charmander -> Barboach
Luvdisc -> Steelix (in-game trade) -> Larvitar
Golett -> Jynx

Wonderlocke update. On trades, of course.

Shiny Celebi and MarioMiner, that sounds awesome! Finally getting the game and looking forward to using this. It looks like Charmander is quite common in Wonder trading.

Since I've been breeding Tyrunt, I've been wonder trading off the scraps. Got a nice female Tyrunt with all the fang moves for one of my males and a foreign Pawniard as well. I'll be sending out a few more tonight and can't wait to see what I'll get in return.

A good way to get a lot of good things from WT is trading during a stream. It's much easier and you'll get a lot of great stuff. Just a tip ^_^

I was absent-minded and bred two Cherubi instead of one, so on a whim I decided to Wonder Trade the other one.

In return, I received an Eevee with its hidden ability, three egg moves (Synchronoise, Wish and Detect) and five marks beneath its picture (which if I'm reading this right, means all high IVs except for Attack). He also has a Bold nature (Attack down, Defense up). I feel ridiculously lucky.

I'm trying to breed a shiny charmander. So if you get a timid charmander with dragon pulse, thats me.

Only used it once that I know of, perhaps more, but the first time was, memorable.

Offered up a Druggion. What did I get? Caterpie. My thought was "Well, at least I don't have to catch one now."

I got a Lairon once which was exactly what i was looking for since i couldn't catch one in Y

i also got a few hidden ability starters(like a Froakie) but it's mainly been rodents, fletchling, etc.

So I've been using WT a lot more, and while it certainly is random, some of what I've gotten I didn't expect. Got myself a Squirtle, Chimchar, a Bulbasaur, along with a Torchic(unfortunately no Mega-stone though - Wasn't able to get the event pokemon), all of them I've fully evolved. Also got a Charmeleon, which I was kind of hoping would have an X Mega-stone, although that may be an unlikely outcome.

So I've been using WT a lot more, and while it certainly is random, some of what I've gotten I didn't expect. Got myself a Squirtle, Chimchar, a Bulbasaur, along with a Torchic(unfortunately no Mega-stone though - Wasn't able to get the event pokemon), all of them I've fully evolved. Also got a Charmeleon, which I was kind of hoping would have an X Mega-stone, although that may be an unlikely outcome.

You can't trade megastones in the GTS so I'm assuming you can't trade them in WT either, unfortunately.

On topic, wonder trading extra Lileeps. I just got a Charmander with egg moves, which is always nice.

I usually just WT off any Pokemon I've been breeding that have the wrong natures or abilities. I get some pretty good ones sometimes like a Lvl 100 Shiny Ho-Oh or a shiny Charmander. Unfortunately I get A LOT a Froakies too.

I recently sent off a bunch of Chansey I caught at the Friend Safari. Except for two of them, I went to the name rater and named them all Senzu Bean!, after Krillin's latest running gag in Team Four Star's Dragon Ball Z Abridged (whenever someone wants/needs a Senzu Bean starting in the Android saga, Krillin tosses one shouting "Senzu Bean!" all hammy), while one was named Krillin once I caught her (for the same running gag, only this time because she kept using Soft-Boiled to delay me catching her after my Aegislash's False Swipe), and the final one named Evasion Noob, because she KEPT USING MINIMIZE. So, if you got any Chansey with the above nicknames, I hope you enjoy them, and a couple of them are even in Dive Balls.

Just started raising a box full of my favorite neglected Pokemon; Porygon, for Wonder Trading. Should be fun.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom