• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Championship Thread.

The Giovanni suicide theory needs to stop. For one thing, that sound you hear is radio static. Just listen to it instead of running to Tvtropes to scream about how he killed himself. Secondly, I highly doubt they'd put even implied suicide in a game originally aimed at children.

Legend of Korra got away with a Murder-Suicide so.. and LoK is a Saturday Morning cartoon you know when things like the Pokemon Anime and Yugioh are on... (hell LoK got away with a LOT of things...) so they could probably get away with a character being implied to commit suicide but Giovanni didn't

The Giovanni suicide theory needs to stop. For one thing, that sound you hear is radio static. Just listen to it instead of running to Tvtropes to scream about how he killed himself. Secondly, I highly doubt they'd put even implied suicide in a game originally aimed at children.

Legend of Korra got away with a Murder-Suicide so.. and LoK is a Saturday Morning cartoon you know when things like the Pokemon Anime and Yugioh are on... (hell LoK got away with a LOT of things...) so they could probably get away with a character being implied to commit suicide but Giovanni didn't

Looks like LoK creators have been struggling for a long time between the temptation of making a darker series and the limits set by Nickelodeon. Bloodbending itself is a rather creepy concept.

Probably it's the same between Nintendo and Game Freak, but I'm not sure. I don't think Giovanni commited suicide, but I still find this plausible. As dark as PokéSpe can be sometimes, Satoshi Tajiri stated that manga is the best representation of the world he had in mind.

Looks like LoK creators have been struggling for a long time between the temptation of making a darker series and the limits set by Nickelodeon. Bloodbending itself is a rather creepy concept.

Probably it's the same between Nintendo and Game Freak, but I'm not sure. I don't think Giovanni commited suicide, but I still find this plausible. As dark as PokéSpe can be sometimes, Satoshi Tajiri stated that manga is the best representation of the world he had in mind.

Blood-Bending isn't just creepy it's terrifying especially when Amon uses it -shiver- when I thought he couldn't be creepier they throw BB into the mix... but yeah kid shows CAN get away with a lot (Nick letting Bryke pass a Murder/Suicide for example...) but yeah I guess Nintendo has different filters but they COULD get away with it if they wanted to... but Gio didn't commit suicide obviously... what does he say during the battle's btw?

Stop talking about Korra and just look at the entries of ghost Pokemon. That's all you need to show how dark the series could get. Get over it people. Pokemon Conquest is rated E, but they apparently manage to sneak in references to the real life Hanbei's terminal illness. Golden Sun Dark Dawn is E-10 and the last part of the game constitutes a world-wide disaster that resulted in a lot of deaths, including non-notable NPC's you've interacted with. They could get away with implied death, its happened in other E rated games, but fact is, Giovanni didn't die.

Stop talking about Korra and just look at the entries of ghost Pokemon. That's all you need to show how dark the series could get. They could get away with implied death, its happened in other E rated games, but fact is, Giovanni didn't die. Get over it people.

I pointed out saying something is meant for kids doesn't mean it couldn't get some pretty dark crap through using LoK as an example... I was pretty much had the same thing you said using another extremly popular show aimed for kids (apparently) which got a lot of stuff past the radar...

Korra is different from Pokemon, as its show isn't a 30 minute advertisement for the games actually aimed at young children, and tries to please its older fanbase as well. We know they do. We don't know whether the writers in Pokemon care. People just tell them they do.

You don't need to look at an external source to show how this series can be dark, this series has its own examples. We have ghost Pokemon who not only suck the life out of people, but suck the life out of souls. We have Darkrai who's cursed to harm anyone it gets close to, and we see the effects of this with the Marvelous Bridge ghost girl. To say its implied she died of being trapped in Darkrai's nightmare is an understatement, the only way to be more obvious is to outright state it.

If you're going to make an argument for how dark this series can get, use relevant examples.

Korra is aimed at children older than those Pokemon is for.

Though LoK is more definitly more aimed for people in their mid/late teens it still aired in a Saturday Morning time-slot which shows like Pokemon, Yugioh and other shows are played... but let's move the conversation away from LoK... Pokemon is supposed to be aimed for al ages hence E for everybody plus it's surprisingly complex battle systems only the Anime is aimed for little kids (very little it's way to kidy even for a kids show bt that's neither here or there)

I hope that you can battle the player characters from the original Black and White in the Pokemon World Championship in Black 2 and White 2.

I hope that you can battle the player characters from the original Black and White in the Pokemon World Championship in Black 2 and White 2.

You can't sadly. Also no Elite 4 is kind of disappointing.

On the subject of Giovanni, he doesn't have to be dead. D8 Recently I've been thinking it was like "attempted" suicide. I stubbornly believe that there was a splash after Giovanni left the cave. And Pokemon doesn't shy away from suicide once in a while, just look at Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers. Darkrai-disguised-as-Cresselia basically told the player character to kill themselves so they don't destroy the world. They don't have to directly say it for the implication to be there. I came to that conclusion before ever setting foot on TvTropes.

PWT is canon, despite the fact that the younger GLs haven't aged at all (they couldn't be at least a little taller or something?), so of course Giovanni didn't commit suicide. That doesn't mean ATTEMPTED suicide is ruled out.

[/QUOTE]
Red already partakes in the Champion Tournament via normal gameplay. Do you mean that you want him to use a different team?[/QUOTE]

Really? That is so frickin' awesome :D

Steven is rocking an Excadrill. Beast.

Cool. Its great that I get a chance to battle the old trainers from Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,and Sinnoh regions. This will be the perfect chance to face and beat my rival Misty. And great chance to meet Blue(Gary), Brock,and Red (Ash). But in order and wanted to meet Red (Ash), I have to beat Cynthia,Alder,Wallace,Steven,Lance,and Blue (Gary). If I were to win the Pokemon World Tournament, which teir of Pokemon will have the best chance of winning the Pokemon World Tournament? The Ubers pokemon,Overused pokemon,Underused pokemon,RarelyUsed,or NeverUsed pokemon. You see, I have to ask you this so I can prepare. And to get more TMs, I have to keep winning there.

I'm truly disappointed that Red's team didn't change at all in World Tournament.
I was really looking forward to seeing the strongest Pokemon Team from.
May be , Red's Team might change in the World Tournament of 6 Generation.
It would be super cool if there is a Dragon/Steel Pseudo Legendary Pokemon like Arresterdramon that only Red can use in World Tournament of 6th Generation!

Where the hell is Bianca in this? The site says she appears in the Unova and World Leaders groups, But I have not seen her once. Do you have to do something first?

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom