• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Championship Thread.

Also, Professor Oak. Unfortunately, I think his team would be extremely derivative of Red's, using all three starters. People have noted already (I think in another thread if not this one) how weak Red would be in comparison given that he only seemed powerful because of the level curve.

Perhaps Morimoto can also appear using Mew given that he sneaked it in RGBY.

Or he could use the team that he had in RGBY that you could only battle using hacks.

Which was basically one of three starters, along with random Pokemon that his grandson basically had. Either way, a carbon copy of someone, and given that Oak would be more famous for his starters than random dummy data, I think it's better to use the starters.

Honestly, considering Fire Emblem: Awakening is doing a similar thing (offering previous game characters via DLC), this isn't surprising.

I also hope that they don't distribute each character separately. I can imagine them doing that with Champions, but I hope Gym Leaders are released as a group (Kanto Gym Leaders all at once, then Johto Gym Leaders etc).

It'll probably never happen, but I hope there's some rotation and variety in the teams. Worse case scenario is that you would be spamming the same Rock-type move against Lance (what with his signature Pokémon all at least x2 weak against Rock), not to mention strictly monotype Gym leaders.

It does all look very Battle Dome-shaped. I wonder if Tucker'll come back as a secret boss with Tornadus' Sacred Beast forme. I can see it now...

Last edited:
On one hand, I'd love to battle Red again. On the other hand, I kind of like him right where he is, perched atop Mt. Silver. He doesn't seem like he'd be the tournament type anymore.

And anyway, if we get Red, then Leaf should come with him as a double-battle option.

Mostly excited for Blue/"Gary" and Cynthia, who are confirmed. Yay! Would like to see the Hoenn GLs. (Have any of them been confirmed?) Also, maybe Silver (and Barry by extension I suppose...) could be possible candidates.

I would also like to see Younger Joey for the lulz. That would be in the top percentage of humour.

Also, Professor Oak. Unfortunately, I think his team would be extremely derivative of Red's, using all three starters.

I was thinking more of something like this as his team:

Prof_Oak.jpg

Perhaps Morimoto can also appear using Mew given that he sneaked it in RGBY.

There's a possibility that endgame legendaries and event Pokemon will be banned in the World Tournament like the rest of the Battle Facilities.

I don't care who does or doesn't get in as long as the cheating isn't as bad as previous Battle facilities. But that's foolish to think.

I'd really love to see some of the old Emerald frontier brains make a comeback. They were a pretty cool crew.

I'd really love to see some of the old Emerald frontier brains make a comeback. They were a pretty cool crew.

Never thought of that. It would be pretty cool to face them again.
Undoubtedly the World Championship will have to be post-league but I'm still hoping there's more post game than just this.

Battle points (BP) are earned at the World Tournament.

The player is forced to compete at the World Tournament.

The idea of this is cool, but all I can wonder is how it will be ruined by the inevitable cheating AI.

The player meets Achroma in the finals of the World Tournament. He has a Magneton.

First PokéWood, now World Tournament. What aren't we being forced to do? xD

Hopefully with Achroma's involvement, it'll be relevant to the story.

EDIT: Achroma has a Magneton, like in the animated trailer.

First PokéWood, now World Tournament. What aren't we being forced to do? xD

Hopefully with Achroma's involvement, it'll be relevant to the story.

EDIT: Achroma has a Magneton, like in the animated trailer.

Not Magnezone? weird... we would have had to get through Chargestone Cave by then right? but then again he does use a Metang in that one battle... so he's a steel type trainer?

I really hope the World Tournament isn't too difficult, considering it's similar to the Battle Frontier. Then again, BP may be the only thing the two facilities have in common.

I really hope the World Tournament isn't too difficult, considering it's similar to the Battle Frontier. Then again, BP may be the only thing the two facilities have in common.

As I've stated earlier, if it is the Battle Frontier equivalent, there will be the cheating AI. So unfair difficulty is inevitable.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom