• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Moments that shaped 2014

Lyrebird

Goddess
Reaction score
2015 is upon us and we will remember a year full of human triumph, misery and strength from news, sport, politics, science, birth and deaths and entertainment. We remember the moments that shaped our nation, society, the world and ourselves. We remember those whom truimph under adversity and those that lost their lives far too young.

What were the most unforgettable moments of 2014 in your opinion?

Remember to respect everyone's posts and remember to not venture anything that can be insulting to anyone. If you are unsure whether a statement can be insulting, just ask yourself 'Would I say this in public?'

This is all opinion, just respect each other and society.

Thank you.

When I think of 2014 I immediately think of the Ebola outbreak. I also remember the passing of celebrities like Robin Williams, Rik Mayall and Peaches Geldof. There really wasn't much positive about 2014 unfortunately. For me anyway, i'll remember it fondly for being a good year for Eurovision and I don't think we've seen the last of Conchita. There was also the arson attack on a dog shelter in Manchester that killed many dogs. That was bittersweet though because the outpouring of donations to rebuild and offers of providing homes for the ones that survived where touching. Proves we are a nation of dog lovers at least.

It wasn't a good year whatsoever in the scheme of things. 2015 can't be much worse.

I can think of three: EXO's Kris and later Luhan suing SM Entertainment and proving that the company still hadn't learned their lesson from previous lawsuits, B.A.P's Live On Earth tour (THEY FREAKING CAME TO AUSTRALIA FFS ASKJDHSLKDJGHKLJDDLKASGHFD... and guess who was lucky enough to be at their Melbourne concert w/ my BFF Bella asdfghjkl; I'M SO HAPPYYYY), and the deaths of EunB and RiSe from the girl group Ladies' Code.

Last edited:
Ebola (feb - present)
Notable deaths (to me) - Roger Lloyd-Pack, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Harold Ramis, Frankie Knuckles, Mickey Rooney, Bob Hoskins, Horace Silver, Robin Williams, DJ Rashad
Russian - Ukrainian unrest
Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
2014 World Cup
Winter Olympics
Continued Isreal - Palestine conflict
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17
Air Algérie Flight 5017
ISIS
Rosetta spacecraft's Philae probe successfully lands on Comet 67P
#gamergate
Flying Lotus released a masterpiece - You're Dead
D'angelo drops his first album since 2000, Black Messiah

7-1 the World Cup Semi Final
Sydney Siege
MH17
5-0 crushing England in the Ashes. We love destroying the Brits in sport.

The thing that resonants with me the most is the death of Phillip Hughes. That was so heartbreaking for Australia and you can't believe it and the same for the Siege in Sydney. I mean they hit so close to you, it is just really sad.

Ebola, Russia, ISIS, Robin Williams, Germany completely destroying the entire country of Brazil in 90 minutes, missing planes, ethics in gaming journalism (pfft).

As others have said, this year was full of bad news. Hoping 2015 is a bit better.

For Irish sport it'd have to be:
John O'Shea's 94th minute equaliser vs Germany in football
Ireland rugby team winning the 6 nations and ending 2014 in 3rd in the rugby world rankings.

In world news:
The Malaysia planes, ebola and the Germans winning the world cup.

I'd have to say Malayasia Airlines, the Ebola outbreak and the 2014 World Cup

Ebola, Robin Williams, and Maylasia Airlines worldwide, Ferguson here in the states. Twitch Plays Pokémon and DashCon on the Internet.

Ebola, World Cup, and Lord Helix's takeover of the internet. Also, North Korean hackers.

Ebola, ISIS, plane/ship accidents resulting in so many people dying or going missing

So many tragedies ):

Back
Top Bottom