Collab Intro and Rules
What I tell you three times is true.
- Feb 15, 2019
- Reaction score
World Poetry Day 2019 Community Collab
Welcome to the World Poetry Day 2019 Community Collab! This is a no-invitation-needed collection of poems written by various members of the community, all for the sake of reading, writing, and learning about poetry. Anyone may post a poem, so long as they meet the following criteria:
- Maximum Teen rating. Slammin' it raw is okay, but let's keep the atmosphere from getting too grim. It's a celebration, yo!
- One poem per participant. We're posting to show solidarity, to bring the community together. Not to hog the spotlight. If you happen to have multiple poems, then now might be a good time to start your own collection.
- Side chatter is allowed (comments, reviews, etc.), but do not put chatter in your submission's post. This is to prevent banter from being added to the thread's wordcount, and to keep Bulbaforum's reader mode clean and consistent.
- Your poem needs a name, and the name needs to be clearly displayed somewhere in your submission post. I'll use it to threadmark your poem so we have a proper index.
- Your poem needs a declared content warning, even if it's Everyone, and that content warning should be in your submission post. This'll let me know how to threadmark your poem.
- Your poem cannot be be placed in
code blocksor spoiler tags. This is due to the threadmark word count skipping over certain formatting; format your poem with code or spoilers, and the word count gets skewed.
These rules are not mod endorsed, as this is not a mod endorsed event. However, if your submission doesn't meet these requirements, they will not be added to the index.
And that's it! There's no quality standards, length requirement, or anything of that sort. Just post a poem that meets these rules and I'll add you to the collection's index. Short descriptions are encouraged but not required. See my submission post for an example.
World Poetry Day is recognized internationally on March 21st, but to be fair with those with tight schedules, submissions are allowed until midnight March 23rd Eastern Standard Time. I encourage you to post on World Poetry Day itself, but no biggie if you can't make the actual day. However, any poems posted after the deadline will not be indexed. If you got a poem, share it now!
Oh, and in case you're wondering what this "index" thing is: see the little bar at the top of this post? The one labeled "Threadmarks"? On the right side of the bar, there should a hyperlink titled Index. Click that, and you'll be taken to all poems currently submitted. I'll make occasional rounds to add new submissions to the index; expect a small delay between submission and indexing. Feel free to make edits is you think your post doesn't meet the rules, but please avoid editing your post after you've entered the index.