• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Tournament Junior Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokemon World Tournament !

I don't think he deserves it when his skills in most of his Gym battles have been considerably weaker than they were in the past and the vast majority of his Pokemon that aren't Pikachu and the Unova starters need more training.

At this point he's lost two tournaments in BW because of plot, and terrible match-ups. He needs something. If that means him winning the Unova league then fine. If the reserves come back, and he starts battling more DP-esque I won't question it. At least he would be back to where he belongs, even if he really shouldn't have had to re-reach that point in the first place.

This is my gut feeling, but i would say this is going to happen after the league. I dont think Ash will win the Unova league. I think Cynthia will show up looking for Ash because she's gathering worthy trainers for her big tournament, which makes me think Dawn won't be involved, but is there for some sort of contest thing. I think Ash will then get a chance to use his older pokes to, with the possibility of Paul returning.

Going by Ash Unova team at this point, with all his reserves (leavanney, boldore etc) id say he'll only use them in the league, and he wont be good enough to win it. But that doesnt mean he isnt worthy of this comp, going by his past experience, winning orange islands and battle frontier, beating 2 legendaries in sinnoh, almost winning that league if it werent for trollbias and all his glorious trollness. Hes definetly got the training chops for something like this. I expect to see his older pokes in this tourney, as this would be 2 big an opportunity for them not to appear.

The main reason i believe this will be after the league is that Ash at the moment has no chance if doing well in it if he only uses unova pokes, and it would be the perfect opportunity for Ash to bring back his old pokes.

Obviously this is all just speculation, we dont know enough yet, at this point anything could happen. Needless to say i am very excited, and extremely curious as to what's really going to happen. In fact, i dont think i've been this excited for the anime ever : )

You know, as long as Ash doesn't lose early, I'll be satisfied with the World Tournament. If he gets near to beating (or almost to) Cynthia, I would watch it in the US. If he loses early, then I won't care. He should be as strong as DP, and I hope that with BW2.

I can see Ash winning the Unova league. Especially if his Pignite evolved into Emboar and his Snivy manages to evolve into it's final form too. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Ash's Pokemon evolve between now and the Unova League Tournament, especially since it looks like they will be battling a lot, what with Team Rocket going after Meloetta and the Kami Trio being involved.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash also competed in the Champions League too and if he does I'm hoping he brings back old Pokemon, such as Charizard and Torterra. It'd give him a good chance of being able to compete against the best trainers. Ash's team looks like it's coming along well this season, a lot better then his team has looked in any of the previous series of Pokemon so maybe, just maybe he has a good chance of beating the Unova League!

To be fair, the DP anime had promoted the Sinnoh League tournament as early as January 2010 when the actual tournament did not start until five months later. It is very possible that this tournament will not be held immediately. With that said, thereis absolutely no guarantee that the competition will be held before or after Ash obtains his eighth Unova badge, or the Unova League. All we know right now is that a "battle tournament" is taking place in the B2W2 anime, and that Cynthia will probably be a part of it. It is very possible that the anime will cover some other things, like the TRio Meloetta subplot or the Kami trio, before the writers start to construct the tournament.

To be fair, the DP anime had promoted the Sinnoh League tournament as early as January 2010 when the actual tournament did not start until five months later. It is very possible that this tournament will not be held immediately. With that said, thereis absolutely no guarantee that the competition will be held before or after Ash obtains his eighth Unova badge, or the Unova League. All we know right now is that a "battle tournament" is taking place in the B2W2 anime, and that Cynthia will probably be a part of it. It is very possible that the anime will cover some other things, like the TRio Meloetta subplot or the Kami trio, before the writers start to construct the tournament.

I agree with this. I think it'd be silly to rush in to the world Tournament straight away. I believe Ash will have a lot of time, battling Team Rocket and saving Meloetta, meeting new characters and competing in the Unova League before the World Tournament starts.

To be fair, the DP anime had promoted the Sinnoh League tournament as early as January 2010 when the actual tournament did not start until five months later.

Wait, it did? I don't recall that. If so, then there might some semblance of hope that this does take place after the league. Maybe.Yeah, probably not.

Last edited:

@Piplup Wouldn't having random trainers in tournament not make sense. Since that totally doesn't fit with the way the league works. I mean here's how it works you win the league you get to challenge them having them fight random trainers undermines the league and seems kinda pointless. The way Gliscor'd and others imagines it makes more sense. The best of the best are already established and they fight. It builds ON the league rather then clashing with it.

This is a "Battle Tournament"
No one ever said this has anything to do with any "League"
We barely know anything about this, it's all speculation and it's not clear at all what exactly it will be

This is a "Battle Tournament"
No one ever said this has anything to do with any "League"
We barely know anything about this, it's all speculation and it's not clear at all what exactly it will be

If it has nothing to do with the league why does it have E4 and gym leaders who are Pokemon League employees? Having a tournament completely serperate from the league and moves in on it monopoly could be seen as at best biting the hand that feeds you and at worst treason.

It's just a tournament...... 0__o
Also, no one said anything about Gym Leaders being part of this tournament (it could be, but it was never officially stated - just "Champion" and "Elite Four")

It's just a tournament...... 0__o
Also, no one said anything about Gym Leaders being part of this tournament (it could be, but it was never officially stated - just "Champion" and "Elite Four")

Alphaflare does have a point here. It might not have been confirmed yet that gym leader will participate as well but nevertheless, aren't members of the Elite Four and above all champions part of the Pokemon League system, too? ;) Let's not forget Cynthia got the seat of honor next to Mr. Goodshow during the Sinnoh League.

Anyways, I personally think that the following is the most likely scenario:
Alphaflare said:
@Piplup Wouldn't having random trainers in tournament not make sense. Since that totally doesn't fit with the way the league works. I mean here's how it works you win the league you get to challenge them having them fight random trainers undermines the league and seems kinda pointless. The way Gliscor'd and others imagines it makes more sense. The best of the best are already established and they fight. It builds ON the league rather then clashing with it.

Last edited:

HAHAHAHAHA! @ Ash getting a new rival. I guess the writers realized how shitty Trip was.

Changing the thread title to reflect the news.

Apparently Ash can battle Alder if he wins, and Caitlin will participate. Very interesting how they're giving him a different opportunity to battle the champion.

Interesting enough that this tournament might lead to a Champion league much later on.

World Tournament Junior Cup makes a lot of sense, especially when I didn't think that this tournament would be saved for post-Unova League anyway. I seriously doubt that this is going to lead into a Champion League. I don't think that Ash even has a great chance of winning this tournament. I'm hoping for good/decent battles from this tournament more than anything else.

Is there any evidence that this is before the league or is that just speculation?

Is there any evidence that this is before the league or is that just speculation?

I don't think we know for sure yet. But if it is, then the 8th Gym and league will probably be held off for a while.

Since so many Champions are appearing hopefully this is all build up for Ash to get stronger and win the Unova league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom