• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World's first Pokémon Blu-Ray releases announced: Australia to get Arceus and Zoroark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: World's first Pokémon Blu-Ray releases announced: Australia to get Arceus and Zor

I really wished it was Mewtwo vs. Mew movie that got the first Blu-Ray release

Re: World's first Pokémon Blu-Ray releases announced: Australia to get Arceus and Zor

I doubt that will happen due to the reasons Yoshi mentioned earlier on but Pokemon The Movie 2000 and Pokemon 3 The Movie could very well be next to be on Blu-Ray IF this works out well for the Diamond and Pearl releases.

I have checked the region code and it is indeed a B one that is for both of them so June 1st is going to be a good day for us Aussies :D

That site says B for everything, even for movies I know for a fact are multi-region. Chances are the region(s) will be printed on the disc or the box once the movies are out, so we'll be able to confirm for you then.

People thought they wouldn't release the two latest movies over decade old movies? Of course new movies would be released on blu-ray over old movies.

People thought they wouldn't release the two latest movies over decade old movies? Of course new movies would be released on blu-ray over old movies.

Don't forget-they did release a compilation of the first three movies a few years ago, so it's not unreasonable to think they'll release them again at some point.

By the way, if the pattern holds, the third movie may disappear off of iTunes next month, much like 2000 did around the time of its tenth anniversary.

I thought that's because the first 3 movies are still owned by WB?

Good thing I have a PS3 to play this on...if the episodes/movie ever came to the states in that format.

I thought that's because the first 3 movies are still owned by WB?

Yes, but some of the events in my previous post muddy things up a bit. Don't forget that huge gap between Battle Dimension DVDs and the Arceus DVD.

Australia finally gets something...lol

Australia's region B.
Region B includes according to Ezydvd's site:
Africa, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania, Middle East, Netherlands, British overseas territories, French territories, Greenland

We'll have to wait and see on whether it's region B exclusive or whether they'll slap on the region A aswell which has happened on a couple of blu-ray released here.
However don't hold your breath.

I'm not. It is a possibility, however, though it will probably come out here some time.

Australia finally gets something...lol

Australia also got the Arceus and Galactic Battles DVDs well before the US.

I think Blu-rays are a total rip off :/

NO WAY!, Pokemon Heroes is actually number three on the list of Pokemon movies I like but meh about Destiny Deoxys.

The pairing is a bit odd for me as well. They are also releasing a DVD set of movies 4 and 5, so maybe they didn't want them to overlap like that.

Here's a press release about the Miramax/Echo Bridge partnership:

http://www.miramax.com/2011/02/17/echo-bridge-and-miramax-enter-into-distribution-partnership/

Strangely, I don't think I've heard of Echo Bridge until recently, despite their HQ being in a city went to college for.

I never heard of them either but I really hope that Pokemon 4Ever will be next and that WB will finally get into Blu-Ray more and release Pokemon The Movie 2000 and Pokemon 3 The Movie on said format.

At this point, it looks like they'll be region-locked. Every other Blu-Ray I found by the same publisher said it was region-locked on the back of the box. I doubt the upcoming Pokemon releases would be any different.

But we don't get the actual game events, hurr hurr
bucktooth.gif

I'd be happy to see the twelth and thirteenth movies be released on normal DVDs in the UK, as we never get any Pokemon DVDs in the UK. None at all.
Have a release of the thirteenth movie.
And yeah, the last DVD we got was... the Mystery Dungeon special which was exclusive to Woolworths. Good luck finding one now. :/ Luckily the UK is in the same region as Australia for Blu-ray, so should be able to import their Blu-rays fine.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom