• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

worst alola takes?

Reaction score
exactly what it sounds like, i wanna hear the worst alola-related takes you've seen. anything goes although i'd prefer if we kept stuff like the overall quality of the games out of this. here's a few off the top of my head!
  • ok so like this was before the games came out but at that time i used to be in this one really shitty friend group right. and there was this one edgy guy who was talking about how type:null and silvally are based off of like. lucifer?? it was wild

• while scrounging for people talking about the sun/moon anime here once on an episode review thread i once saw someone call animeverse lillie and gladion, i quote, "spoiled brats who trust more on local creep's word than hers, and act like jerks because of some trivial things". if that guy is reading this uh sorry for this but good god i hope you've grown past that

• i have not seen a single good gladion ship and honestly i think partly that comes down to him being just older enough than the people he's usually shipped with (ash and hau are the big ones i've seen) that it's like. really weird. idk i generally dislike shipping in the first place but honestly this kind of stuff is partly why

Two takes come to my mind which can't be called an opinion and only people without knowledge or have blind hatred can say that

1. Saying SM has worst animation while talking about art style, seriously SM series had the best animation in pokemon anime history til date but those kids still say those things and Ash is the only character who look bad in whole series

2. Calling Ash character downgrade as a trainer even though it's more than obvious he wasn't downgrade at all, Ash literally had better battle records than any other series, he face and beat more powerful opponents in SM, he quickly adapt to the situation in battles, shown his creativity with Electroweb and how he use z moves with strategy sometime, he use past series strategies too, Ash in SM was using his past experience from OS-XY and become champion

Last edited:
but Gladion is the world's best edgelord (except for Alain, he's better. sorry!)
ok i don't mean to sound like an ass, but i actually forgot this one (or i just. didn't include it since i already talked about the fandom's treatment of gladion). the thing about gladion is that yes, he is edgy, but there's a REASON for it. he's been through a hell of a lot of shit, and simplifying him to just being edgy is an incredibly frustrating thing i see all too often.

the "oh, all the pokemon are so slow because it's a tropical region and they're all laid-back!" take has always sounded really hare-brained to me. like, no, game freak are just bad at balancing stat spreads 90% of the time.

poor, poor vikavolt.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom