• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Animé art

Fortunately, those two never went on to do any more episodes after Gathering the Gang of Four!; however most of that episode's key animators (the people who do the actual drawing) have since worked on most of Kinoshita's episodes.

Crystal Clair: Other than Shimmuera ruining Paul, do you still like her as an animator. I have to admit she must be one of(if not the)best animators on the show. Iwane is a very close second, but his art is sometimes more geared towards the goodfy fashion.
She's okay but well...
Shinji is very important to me
Since this is the thread for posting bad pictures, I'm gonna post Shimura's Shinji
God awful face she drew on him here
This picture looks like he's straining to read
She just cant draw his eyes properly. They're square, not triangl-ish
God no! Ew!
His eyes are drawn crappy again

And the lineart in Shimura's episodes tend to be soft, and not bold like in Iwane's. AND I noticed, Shimura isn't very good with creating firm lineart, she always makes it a bit imperfect
*is a perfectionist

btw, we need to keep that Animation Director's thread around and updated. I need some more places for learning about the ADs.

What episode is this Shinji pic from?

Boy, this makes Kinoshita look godly by comparison.

I didn't think that was badly drawn, tbh. Then again, you're just biased.

Quagbert said:
Fortunately, those two never went on to do any more episodes after Gathering the Gang of Four!; however most of that episode's key animators (the people who do the actual drawing) have since worked on most of Kinoshita's episodes.

Ah, no wonder.

Oh well, I'm just glad those two realized their fault. NEVER, ANIMATE ANOTHER EPISODE AGAIN!!!!!

What episode is this Shinji pic from?
That is the very first time any of my art has been mistaken for an anime shot

I dont care if you say it looks worse than Kinoshita, I didn't try very hard on it but OMG.
8D

Kinoshita draws Shinji like he's really old, and around Brandons age.

That is the very first time any of my art has been mistaken for an anime shot

I dont care if you say it looks worse than Kinoshita, I didn't try very hard on it but OMG.
8D

Please don't take anything he says seriously. It wasn't a compliment.

It's been proven, it's almost impossible to funny with Pokémon fans. In order for them to get the jokes, you have to be extremely blunt.

So blunt that the joke has no sharp wit to it at all.

Want to see proof? look at the caption thread. Almost none of them are actually funny.

Mewtwo Returns. That is all.

Love it to death, and all, and I can't fairly complain about the art THAT much. It's just highly inconsistent as far as art goes and that makes it rather offputting in later scenes. A comparison of Giovanni screenshots, one from the first 20 or so minutes, the other from the end:

mewtworeturnshelicopter-1.jpg

domino-1.jpg

I know he doesn't appear much on the show, and he's difficult to draw because of all the weird proportions, so I'm willing to forgive if he looks a little different episode to episode, but to have his appearance dramatically change in the same special?

It's been proven, it's almost impossible to funny with Pokémon fans. In order for them to get the jokes, you have to be extremely blunt.

So blunt that the joke has no sharp wit to it at all.

Want to see proof? look at the caption thread. Almost none of them are actually funny.

This is true

Kinoshita draws Shinji like he's really old, and around Brandons age.
O_O
I think you mean Shimura.
Kinoshita's never done a Shinji episode before... I wonder if Kinoshita could possibly do Shinji better than Shimura.
So XD maybe I have nothing to worry about.

Mewtwo Returns. That is all.

Love it to death, and all, and I can't fairly complain about the art THAT much. It's just highly inconsistent as far as art goes and that makes it rather offputting in later scenes. A comparison of Giovanni screenshots, one from the first 20 or so minutes, the other from the end:

. . .

I know he doesn't appear much on the show, and he's difficult to draw because of all the weird proportions, so I'm willing to forgive if he looks a little different episode to episode, but to have his appearance dramatically change in the same special?

How did his appearance change, he looks the same to me . .

This is done by the best animator, Iwane, just so you know. x)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom