• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Ash Design

Which Ash design is the worst?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Unova (if u vote for this I will crush ur ribs)

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Kalos

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Alola

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • Galar

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters

ValorSugarcakes

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Mine is Galar Ash, because his cap got replaced by a freaking beanie

I will be ranking all 7 designs. I will start with the worst design

7. Sword and Shield

Reason: Ash in a red sweater. Are you kidding me, thats so freaking lame. They also made him uglier and even worse, they replaced his hat with a FREAKING BEANIE!!!!!

6. Diamond And Pearl

Reason: Caused Ash to get pretty pudgy in the anime and too many inappropriate images of him

5. Sun and Moon

Reason: looks ugly and ripped of Caillou

Now we get to the mediorce phase

4. Kalos

Reason: hes average. Not higher becuz of the science pun

3. Kanto

Reason: Nostalgia

Now it gets better

2. AG

Reason: he’s bald in this version. And he is amazing

Drumroll

ITS

unova

Reason: Hes ten again just look how amazing he is. He is like hilbert

I don't think they've revealed Satoshi's design for the Gen 8 anime, or even confirmed its existence. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the male protagonist from the game? Or fanart? I think Sun&Moon has really been the only time Satoshi has worn the exact same outfit as the male protagonist from the games (minus the hat being recolored), so if Satoshi is the lead of the Gen 8 anime we have no idea what he will look like.

As for the question at hand, I never liked his Sinnoh attire. The yellow was too gaudy and I didn't like how the colors meshed overall.

Best to worst for me would be:
XY > AG > OS > BW > SM > DP

I don't think they've revealed Satoshi's design for the Gen 8 anime, or even confirmed its existence. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with the male protagonist from the game? Or fanart? I think Sun&Moon has really been the only time Satoshi has worn the exact same outfit as the male protagonist from the games (minus the hat being recolored), so if Satoshi is the lead of the Gen 8 anime we have no idea what he will look like.

As for the question at hand, I never liked his Sinnoh attire. The yellow was too gaudy and I didn't like how the colors meshed overall.

Best to worst for me would be:
XY > AG > OS > BW > SM > DP
U know that im psychic IRL, right

First of all let's make this clear: None of the Ash's in appearance look awful, rather I'm going by his design regarding his age and it's due to that I say this.... XY Ash has my least favourite design. It's not bad art wise, my problem with it is because they made him look older and yet he is still 10 years old. Meanwhile Sun & Moon Ash is the cutest one and actually looks like his age (I will never understand people who say he looks ugly, I mean yes, did have a weird smile in the first Sun & Moon anime poster, but other than that, he's this adorable happy child).

Outfit wise, probably Hoenn or Sinnoh. Hoenn's top always looked like a weird short sleeved windbreaker to me. And I do like Sinnoh's, except for the big yellow stripe on the vest. I think I read it's supposed to look like the bottom of a poke ball and I just don't see it at all.

If we're talking art style wise, XY. Honestly, it would've been the best...if Ash wasn't 10 years old. He looked way too old and it led to way too much complaining about his age...again.

Movie 21 Ash is not easy on the eyes, while XY Ash looks too old and confident given the series he's sandwiched between.

Overall, Ash isn't a great looking character. I like his original design because I find the tucked in shirt, belt and jeans cool.

Honestly, BW and XY Ash's design were particularly more stiff looking and inexpressive than anything before that. However, M21 takes the cake, because its use of shapes, details, and volume was very weird and jarring, while also suffering from having a terribly inexpressive design too.

In terms of wardrobe, although it's my favorite in any other regard, I'd have to say SM. The design is great because it has a very dynamic and expressive feel to it, while also being the most flexible and offering an insane range for different situations (not even counting off-model faces). HOWEVER, I find the clothes themselves to be quite boring, but that's more on the games than on the anime itself. Probably second worst is XY.

So I guess my vote has to go to XY since M21 is not an option (also am I the only one who felt the heads in XY were particularly too big almost regularly?).

But tbh, it's a pretty close contest between anything between AG and XY. They all share the same issues to some extent.

If we're talking about height-realism, none of Satoshi's designs are looking like actual 10 year olds. He's always towering over little kids (Masato, Eureka, Hoshi, Suiren's sisters, etc.) while he's almost same height as 15 year old Takeshi and closer at height to most adults.

OS is hard to review as there wasn't anything to compare it to. But I'd say that giving blue to him instead of red/orange like most shonen protagonists (and games Red himself) was smart, it makes a contrast with Pikachu. And who didn't want to use that jacket as a kid?

AG was fine. It fits him and makes Ash look sightly more mature.

DP is my favorite. Giving the blue a break was nice and he looks even more mature than before. The cap shouldn't have been a copy from the AG cap though.

BW is ok. He looks less mature than before but suits him well, and the cap is great.

XY is ok. His shirt is very well designed and he feels like a hero, but there's something I feel is lacking, I don't know what exactly.

SM is terrible and I'm glad to see it leading the poll. His face is odd, his clothes look like a 8 year old's (Elio suffers from that too) and they should had kept the black cap.

M21 is meh. It does look like "OS Ash but different", but the Spain flag neck looks very weird and his eyes are strange.

Frankly I don't think any of them are bad. They all have solid designs but if I had to pick a least favorite I'd say Diamond and Pearl. Never dug the collar.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom