• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Ash Design

Which Ash design is the worst?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Unova (if u vote for this I will crush ur ribs)

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Kalos

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Alola

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • Galar

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters
Not sure why they felt the need to reply but I see a lot of SM fans getting defensive when people critic it. Which is weird since I'm fine with critics hitting on my fav shows. I just find it funny how most SM fans are.
It's not because I'd be trying to defend the SM series specifically. I just genuinely don't see anything wrong with Ash's Alola costume and think it's fitting for the region.

I just genuinely don't see anything wrong with Ash's Alola costume and think it's fitting for the region.

The fact that it's nothing more than a minor palette swap of Sun's costume is definitely a problem, imo. They could've made an outfit that both fits Alola and has an original design (like they've done with all of the other series since the OG), but they instead decided to be lazy.

Not sure why they felt the need to reply but I see a lot of SM fans getting defensive when people critic it. Which is weird since I'm fine with critics hitting on my fav shows. I just find it funny how most SM fans are.
Attitude much?

I get that you have your opinions, but if someone disagrees it doesn't justify bashing people that like a show you don't (like calling them crazy, which you did in another thread if I correctly recall).

They aren't attacking you by saying they disagree, this is a forum ffs.

Outfits aside, Sun and Moon Ash is THE worst, yes they made him look the part being eternally 10 years old (which is practically or theoretically impossible considering the number of episodes and regions and Pokémon he met/battled/evolved/abandoned released).
They didn't just make him ugly, they also tainted my childhood memories of watching Pokémon, it's a disgrace to his looks, the Sun and Moon fans might be liking the fluidity of the anime and the accuracy of his inaccurate aging but still to be honest he looks terrible.

Sorry but I do dislike his Unova design. Not the artstyle, the design.
Too much white (I also dislike his current shirt), the Poké Ball symbol on his hat isn't subtle enough, the shoes look dull and cartoony, plus I'm also mad because his hoodie does have a nice hat and zipper but they never got used in any form.

I hope we we get after this season a proper Galar anime take on with gyms and dlc expansion traning in between the potential of that series will be great... Hope Ash loses against Leon to move there and train.

Sorry but I do dislike his Unova design. Not the artstyle, the design.
Too much white (I also dislike his current shirt), the Poké Ball symbol on his hat isn't subtle enough, the shoes look dull and cartoony, plus I'm also mad because his hoodie does have a nice hat and zipper but they never got used in any form.
I still question why they changed so much of the color of Hilbert’s outfit when they modified it for Ash. What was wrong with the original colors?

I'm prepared to get my ribs crushed. His Best Wishes outfit was too garish for my tastes.

Wow. Alola has more votes than every other option combined, and Unova has more than every other non-Alola combined...

My own ranking, based only off aesthetics (how he was written in that series has no impact). Top is good, bottom is bad:
1 Advanced
2 Original series
3 Kalos
4 Unova
5 Sinnoh (this and 4 are pretty close to each other to be honest)
6 Sword/Shield
7 Sun/Moon (I think he looked a bit better later though).

My favorite would be XY. I like BW too, but it's a little too colorful for my taste, XY managed to keep more or less the same but use darker colors. I also like the fingernails and how the main characters look taller than previous series.

My least favorite is SM, however since a lot of people already listed all my reasons to think so I'll go for AG as the second disliked. It's not bad, per say, I just don't like Satoshi's clothes (especially when they're mostly red and blue exactly like in OS). DP improved it a lot with the black scheme of his shirt.

Please note: The thread is from 11 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom