• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst character in Pokémon Adventures ? (PokéSpe)

The worst character(s) in Pokémon Adventures

• Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue/Green (male)

• Green/Blue (female)

• Silver

• Crystal

• Sapphire

• White

• Whitley

• X

• Yvonne Gabena

• Sun

• Moon

• Henry Sword

• Casey Shield

• Scarlet Koito

• Violet Lang

• Total voters

c la fet

Watch out for the rain of steel
Reaction score
Pokémon Special Readers, who do you think is the worst character (or who is your least favorite) in the manga ?

I only put the Dex Holders in the poll because they're the first ones that come to mind when you think of this manga but feel free to mention characters that don't belong in this group.

Favorite character version

Last edited:
Marvin from the SWSH chapters. I have no idea what the writers were thinking in taking an NPC and a schoolboy at that and making him a main character. If they weren’t gonna use Hop as a main character then they should have just gone the route of Yellow and Emerald and made a manga original character.

Marvin from the SWSH chapters. I have no idea what the writers were thinking in taking an NPC and a schoolboy at that and making him a main character. If they weren’t gonna use Hop as a main character then they should have just gone the route of Yellow and Emerald and made a manga original character.
Would you say he's a badly written character ? (I haven't read SwSh yet.)

Pokémon Special Readers, who do you think is the worst character (or who is your least favorite) in the manga ?

It's been about a decade since I partially read the manga, Lol. I can't exactly say that I remember things very well....

But the character that I dislike most in the manga series was Ruby, I dropped that saga halfway through because the character was so unbearable for me, as well as the forced love intention between the protagonists of that generation.

Ruby had one of the characteristics that I most dislike in protagonists, a natural talent and absurd power level without reason or explanation, just with the aim of cheaply enhancing the character. I also dislike his personality, which to be honest I don't even remember exactly, but which seemed to me to be the mix bag of self presumption as he has the ideal that he, in his omnipotence, should "sacrifice" himself to protect others, but, often, he simply acted like a scumbag.

Finally, although there are characters in the Pokémon Adventures manga, such as Yellow, who may possess equal or greater talents and innate abilities than Ruby, their modest, naivety and innocence actually embodies the franchise's core values of purity as the ideal bond between people and Pokémon.

Last edited:
Emerald’s annoying, seems like kinda a brat at the start.
He gets some character development tho so he’s better as his arc progresses but still my least fave character

just in terms of the dex-holders...
i'm not sure if she's necessarily the worst-written (i don't think she's terrifically handled, but as much as i love pokespe its writing can be a little wonky at parts lol so this isn't an issue with just her) but i'm really not a fan of platinum's personality at all, easily my least favorite of the dex holders. just found her super grating. don't care much for emerald either.
there are a few i'm neutral on, but i actually like most of them.

(also pokespe n is a giant bastardization of his character and probably the game character equivalent i'm most upset with but he's far from being the sole victim of that as well)

Back
Top Bottom